Beyoncé: I’m Not Naturally Very Thin

article-0-18C25BB9000005DC-831_634x860

Showing off her svelte figure, Beyoncé wows on the April cover of Shape in a color-block Karla Colletto bikini. The Bootylicious singer opens up about her 57-pound weight loss after welcoming daughter Blue Ivy last year.

On her post-baby body: “I didn’t have a lot of time to lose the weight because I scheduled a show three months after I gave birth, which I would never do again! I’m not a person that is naturally very thin. I am a person that has to work at keeping my body in shape.”

On her advice to postpartum moms: “Not everyone is supposed to be the same. Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”

On losing the baby weight: “I ate a very low-calorie diet. I stayed away from red meat and ate a lot of fish, replaced pasta and rice with quinoa. I always have breakfast, say, scrambled egg whites, a vegetable smoothie, or whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk. For lunch and dinner, I eat a lot of fish and vegetables. And throughout the day, I try to stay hydrated.”

On enjoying a treat in moderation: “I always treat myself to one meal on Sundays when I can have whatever I want. Usually it’s pizza, which is my favorite indulgence.”

On wanting more children: “Absolutely. I’ll probably start after this tour. We’ll see if it happens.”

On motherhood: “I just adore being a mother, hearing her say Mama and call me when she needs something. It makes me feel like I have a real purpose here. I enjoy all the things people warned me would be tough to handle.”

On what surprises her about motherhood: “I’m most surprised by how much she’s taught me. She’s only a year old and I’ve learned so much about myself from her. Giving birth was one of my biggest fears, and having Blue forced me to face it. And now I recognize the strength I have. She teaches me to focus on the things that truly matter, like family, and to pay attention to each moment, because they go by so quickly.”

Filed under: Beyonce,Featured

Photo credit: Shape

1. Annie_S

It’s OK, Beyonce! We know that.

2. Ano

Same old story.. ZzzzzzZZzzzzz……

3. Tiffany

Why comment it’s only negative. She answering the questions they asked her. Why get mad at her answers…..maybe they should stop asking her the same stuff.

4. missme?

bitch, give it up already. ain’t nobody buyig what you”re selling.

5. missme?

hey Brandi,
    b-U-y the way. you just proved my theory that only uneducated people buy- yes,
    B-U-Y, into the shit she is selling which is nothing but lies and an illusion. may I remind you her husband is a “reformed” crackdealer and I don’t know how she can look her own daughter in the eyes and tell her all that BS that she gave birth to her.
    I know that when I go to sleep at night that I don’t constantly have to pretend to be something that I’m not. I’m okay with not shoveling money I can’t spend in a lifetime into bank accounts. really, I am.

• Brandi

Look chick,

I am very well educated thank you. I most certainly don’t have to prove that based off of a misspelled word. I didn’t know Captain’s in the U.S. Army were uneducated. Last time I checked, it wasn’t easy getting to where I am. Do you feel any smarter? Like I said before, you ARE jealous. And who made you God? So what if he used a drug dealer? He’s not anymore and he appears to be living a good and very successful life. I laugh at women like you, because you are so worried about what someone else is doing rather than your own business. Who cares if Beyonce gave birth to her daughter or not. She is loved and that all that matters. You’re luck that you don’t have to air out all your dirty laundry, because I’m pretty sure your shit stinks. Have a nice life

• ms. heart

I wasn’t going to stoop to your level… but it is just too much fun.
        How are you going to start your comment off with “I am very well educated thank you” without the proper punctuation?
        That, and the rest of your comment makes me wonder what kind of a “captain” you really are or pretend to be.
        “So what if he used a drug dealer?” bwahahahahah. I suggest you read your comments before you fire them off, Captain BS. “Who cares if Beyonce gave birth to her daughter or not?” Apparently, a lot of people do, especially they ones who hate liars and fakeness and people who think everything can be bought by $$$$$ even your own baby. Really, what does she do? She hasn’t invented the cure for cancer or solved world hunger. She sings and dances. Period. News flash: Her shit stinks just like YOURS and mine. But I am LUCK (?) because I don’t have to pretend it doesn’t. And …. I do have a very nice life. thank you very much.

6. Holly

Yeah, real tough when your surrogate did all the work. Cannot stand this celebutard. She’s just as bad, if not worse, than the Kartrashians. At least they actually give birth to their own children, and don’t orchestrate an elaborate HOAX.