Jaden & Willow Smith: Kids’ Choice Awards

Nickelodeons 26th Annual Kids Choice Awards

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith‘s two children – Jaden, 14, and Willow, 12 – rocked the 26th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards in Los Angeles, Calif. on Saturday (March 23). Sporting stylish dud and ‘dos, the Smith sibs posed together on the red carpet.

“Willow was supposed to be doing Annie. We got Jay-Z to do the movie [and] got the studio to come in. [But] Willow had such a difficult time on tour with Whip my Hair and she said, ‘You know Daddy, I don’t think so,’” Will recently said.

“I said, ‘Baby, hold up! I said no, no, no. Listen, you’ll be in New York with all of your friends and Beyonce will be there,” he continued. “You will be singing and dancing.’ And she looked at me and said, ‘Daddy, I have a better idea, how about I just be 12.’”

He added: “The thing that had become very clear to me is the danger of a material world and focusing so hard on coming up with money or a house or a job. You focus so hard on those things, and sometimes you can lose focus on why you are doing it in the first place. The only reason to do any of that is to have love.”

But that doesn’t mean that all of the Smith family are taking a break from showbiz.

Will and Jaden are costarring in the upcoming action-adventure sci-fi flick, After Earth, set to hit theaters this June.  Keep up on the latest Jaden & Willow news and pics over at our sister site, Celebrity Teen Scoop.

Filed under: Jaden Smith,Willow Smith

Photo credit: FameFlynet/AKM-GSI

1. ivy

Why does he always have that dumb look on his face? He’d be handsome if he’d look normal once in a while.

2. Alyson

I wish someone would just smack that boy. His “cool” look makes him look like an idiot lol

He’s a wise @$$

4. LaKesha

I recently saw both kids perform, no one can deny their talent.

5. Hope

Willow looks very pretty here. I love her dress! And Jaden is a good looking boy but he sure does make interesting faces.

6. anonymous

I wonder if Paul Ryan and Jaden read the same manual on how to correctly wrinkle your brow. I swear they look identical.

I saw the video and heard the song “whip my hair” and I can hardly call THAT talent. The only reason they “perform” is because of their father. Otherwise no one would look twice at them.

8. Lia

I can’t stand that arrogant look in his face!!! Does he think he looks good? His mother should tell him. It is so ridiculous.

9. SMH

Jaden’s going to regret those premature lines on his forehead lol

10. Brandi

Jaden looks so funny here lol. He’s young so I’m pretty sure that he will grow out of these weird immature poses.

11. Tanisha

Beautiful Black kids.

12. meghan

I like her dress. Very cute.

13. Tami

Willow is going to be a great model! She’s beautiful and has the right body for it

14. Ainslee

Jaden reminds me of Sean Penn with the intensely wrinkled furrowed forehead and contorted face. Awful on a 14 year old. Willow is lovely though and nice to see she isn’t twisting her face up like he is. She’s talented and anyone who says she isn’t is jealous.

• Marie

That happened to David Beckham too. Whether in the sun or shade, he now has the same expression. Very different from when he was younger. As opposed to Jaden, i don’t think it was David’s intention for his face to turn that way. But it did.

Just because other disagree with you regarding on whether Willow his talent or not dose not make them jealous.

• anonymous

It seems to be the opinion of many on this site that if you make a negative comment about someone no matter what the case ,you are obviously jealous of them.

15. Mrs M

Annie? Didn’t that kid have red hair and freckles?
    I just find these kids so obnoxious

16. Elle

He looks like he’s wearing a bin liner…. and he’s seriously going to mess up his face when he’s older with the forehead thing. Shame, he seemed like a nice kid when he was younger. Now he just reeks of arrogance.
    Willow looks nice though. I think she’s got a good voice but yeah, I agree that her parents obviously made the record deal happen.