Kristen Bell & Dax Shepard Welcome First Child: Lincoln

The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards in LA

Congratulations are in order for Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell!

The longtime couple welcomed a daughter on Thursday, March 28. “Lincoln Bell Shepard is here,” the proud new papa announced via Twitter. “She has mom’s beauty and dad’s obsession with breasts. Hooray!!!”

“My new roommate poops her pants and doesn’t pay rent…basically Dax pre-sobriety,” the new mom added via Twitter. “Welcome baby Lincoln.”

The Parenthood actor, 38, and the House of Lies star, 32, announced the pregnancy in November.

As for the delivery, the Veronica Mars alum talked about her big plans.

“I want a glass of whiskey, I want the epidural in my back,” Bell joked. “I want to get hit in the face with a baseball bat and wake me up when it’s over, because I’ve seen the videos and it looks terrifying.”

Filed under: Births,Dax Shepard,Featured,Kristen Bell

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Veronica

Yay, congrats! i really, really love the name. It’s cute and badass.

And before y’all start saying “Lincoln is a boy’s name, etc”: things change, names cross genders (Ashley, for example), gender binaries are dumb, get with the times, etc. It’s not your child, so don’t be so hard on them! ;P

• D

Yes it does seem to be a real trend especially of late to use a name typically for the other gender. Unfortunately its mainly girls having names ordinarily used for boys. (how many people do you know naming their boys Jennifer or Molly? ;) ) Then those names tend to just be seen as ‘girl names’ meaning there are less an less boys names.
      How many boys do you know named Madison, or Ashley now? Harper and Ever are fast becoming girls names. And did you know Blithe was originally a boys name!
      So can’t say im a fan of Lincoln myself.

2. popsykl

wonderful :)

3. Dana

Ooh. Wow. That’s a special kind of name for a little girl. It scores high in the celebrity baby name hall of fame for me.

4. jo

Love the name! Congrats to them.

5. arabella

I actually love the name Lincoln for a girl or a boy. I mean its a lot better than Rainbow, people cheer when Holly Madison named her daughter rainbow saying things I like the name rainbow its unique adorable girly.but people bash Kirsten and Dax for naming their daughter Lincoln( i’m talking about the people on people.com)

6. Annie_S

Now that was fast. It feels like it was yesterday when they announced the pregnancy. : )
    Congrats!

7. Lizzie

“My new roommate” LOl so funny. Congrats!! I think Lincoln is fine for a boy or girl.

8. Joy O.

LINCOLN BELL sounds like a law firm or something lol. I was pretty sure the name would have been Sloth but l guess that sounds better on a boy….maybe next time! ;)

9. Lia

I’m so happy for them and I love the name.

10. arabella

there was a girl on tv. whose name was Joshua. that’s scream all boy name at least Lincoln is kind of girly.

11. Nicole

Maybe they can call her “Linker Bell” for a nickname.

12. Jessica

I think thats a really high name to live up to. Lincoln is ONE of THE BEST presidents there was. That’s just a hard name to live by its standards in my opinion.
    Shouldn’t have named her that.

• Dana

They teach you to idolize Lincoln in school, but read a few books on the subject and you might change your tune about him being a great president. The guy spear headed the bloodiest war on US soil, with half a million dead, plunged the US economy into incredible debt, and only emancipated the slaves to get more soldiers and defeat the south. Lincoln did not start the war to free black people… That was just done at the end to crush the southern economy.

13. Dj

I just watched the movie Lincoln this evening and I just can’t see the positive correlation between the President, his idolized name, and a baby girl. It’s like naming a baby girl Ghandi or Einstein. Not very fitting for a feminine girl, but that’s just my opinion.

14. Bek

How sweet! Congrats to them!
    After his Lincoln Continental I’m guessing! :)

15. Sam

Lincoln is on my favorite list of BOY names. I had never even considered it for a girl, but leave it to a celebrity to put a twist on things. At least they didn’t name her “sloth”. Does anyone remember the video of Dax telling Kristen that he had arranged for a sloth to come stay for the day? She was a sobbing mess in the video, so much so that I thought she was on something. Talking about “he’s here?! He gets to stay all day? Even for my party?!”
    It was so bizarre. It’s the first time that I had really seen that unusual side of her. I’ve known Dax to be different, but Kristen always seemed
    Dainty & girl. No big deal. Just an eye opener. Not necessarily a fan of Lincoln as a girls name, but neither was I of Apple Blythe Alison Martin, Heavenly Rain Charvet or the other newest which made me gag a little, Rainbow Aurora (forgot last name).

16. Pingback: Kristen Bell: Motherhood is “Pretty Wonderful” « SliverJewelry.com