Khloe Kardashian Explains Ongoing Fertility Struggles

khloe

From our friends at BabyCenter.com! By Carolyn Robertson.

With all eyes on Kim Kardashian’s growing baby bump these days, her sister Khloe is still working toward her own dream of motherhood.

Revealing that she and her husband Lamar Odom have been trying to conceive since they tied the knot in 2009, Khloe, 28, explained on a recent episode of Kourtney & Kim Take Miami, “I found out I don’t ovulate, and now my uterus lining isn’t thick enough and I have to take pills to make my uterus lining thicker. If that doesn’t get thicker, then I cannot carry a baby.”

Khloe’s sister Kourtney, mom to kids Mason and Penelope, says that she tries not to bother her with questions about her “pregnancy drama,” adding, “It just makes me sad that she has to struggle with getting pregnant.”

It sounds like the mom-of-two has been thinking about ways she can help her little sister, though – including acting as a surrogate! She broached the topic with her longtime partner Scott Disick, who admitted that just the idea of it left him feeling “freaked out.”

It must be difficult in some ways for Khloe to see her sisters immerse themselves in motherhood, but Kim recently revealed that she was completely supportive of her own pregnancy announcement late last year: “I had Kourtney come with me to tell Khloe because I was a little nervous, because I know she really really really wants a baby,” she admits. “So I felt like I’m gonna need some moral support to tell her. And she was so happy!”

I’m not sure how serious Kourtney is about surrogacy, but I’m always amazed by women who carry babies for other families. What an incredible, life-changing thing to do for someone else. However it happens, I really do hope that Khloe has baby news of her own to share soon.

Did you struggle to conceive? Would you consider acting as a surrogate?

Be sure to check out our interview with Khloe over at our sister site, Celebrity Teen Scoop.

Filed under: Partners

1. LA Woman

Someone really needs to tell this dude, Khloe that men are not physically capable of getting pregnant.

2. Emily

I’m only 25 and my Husband and I struggled for 1 1/2 years to conceive my Son. Last year I had one early miscarriage and one mid-term. It’s always something, I had insulin resistance, then my progesterone was too low, my estrogen too low and my follicle stimulating hormone wasn’t high enough so I didn’t ovulate for awhile. It’s annoying when it all happens…but for me they have high hope since I carried a healthy baby. Best wishes to Khloe and others’ who struggle too. It’s definitely heartbreaking, but worth all the fighting.

3. Halle

My partner and I have been trying to conceive for 18 months so I know how Khloe must be feeling in a way. I hope she achieves her dream of becoming a mum.. Her & Lamar would make such wonderful parents :)

4. Anika

I was very blessed in the baby department, I am sure some people will hate me but I conceived boy/girl twins on my first try. It’s not as ideal as some might think. I only planned on having 2 kids so for it to be all done and over in one go is a little sad I didn’t picture myself being done with this part of my life so soon. Don’t know if baby #3 is in the cards for me and I am at greater odds of having repeat twins since mine were conceive naturally. I am not sure I would consider being a surrogate, but would give it some thought if it was asked by someone close to me.

5. SMH

Babies are blessings no matter what but its sad that her 2 unmarried sisters managed to get knocked up yet khloe who has been married for years struggles to have a baby. She prob will never admit it but l bet deep down she is sad to watch everyone else conceive. I hope she and lamar do have a baby someday whether its biologically or adopted. And if kourtneys decision is to help her sister l hope scotts influence doesnt play a part in her not doing so.

6. Tracy

I would definitely be a surrogate. Had no prob with my pregnancies.

7. nthabeleng

I think the people should just chill and give khloe a break, how can she conceive when every is on her case like this and putting so much pressure on her? Stop causing her this unnecessary stress and trust me she will conceive. God will never fail you dear , just hung dere n be strong.

8. Lulu

I guess she has PCOS, if she doesn’t ovulate? I always thought her hair part seemed a bit wide. Good luck to her.

9. Jennifer

Hang in there it took my husband and I 7 years to get pregnant the first time. Now we have 3 wonderful boys

10. Chantal waters

Is going to be ok,i am praying for you.