LeAnn Rimes: Sometimes The Boys Call Me Mom

fc0b34197287f9f4c4b8bdc9f487e09c-515ee7314501a-leann1

In a new interview with Fabulous magazine, country crooner LeAnn Rimes, 30, opens up about the “difficult” situation with her husband Eddie Cibrian’s ex-wife Brandi Glanville, and her stepsons Mason, 9, and Jake, 5.

On her stepsons: “They have been very accepting. It’s taken a while to feel like it’s not just Eddie and the two boys and then me. But I do feel that’s happening, and the love that I have for them is tremendous.”

On what the boys call her: “Lee. Sometimes they’ll blurt out: “Mom!”, but I just go with whatever they call me. As long as it’s nice and respectful, I couldn’t care less.”

On if she and Eddie want kids of their own: “Absolutely. There’s still a lot of adjustments to make. It could be five months from now or in two years.”

On the situations with Brandi Glanville: “It’s been really difficult. You have to stand up for yourself and be your own person, but at the same time you have to protect these children and their hearts. And that’s a very tough balance.”

On if she has any regrets: “I don’t like that word. Do I wish I handled it differently? Absolutely. No one wants to hurt anyone or put themselves through hurt. I think the only other thing we could’ve done would have been to get out of our marriages before anything happened. It was tough, and it all happened very fast. I felt so ashamed and guilty.”

On if she’s in touch with her ex-husband Dean Sheremet: “We’re very cordial when we see each other, but it’s not an easy thing just yet.”

On her body image: “I’m secure with my body. Trust me, there are moments when I’ve stood in the mirror and gone, ‘Oh my God, I’m getting cellulite!’ But then I stand in a different light and I’m, like, ‘Oh, it’s not so bad now.’ I have my moments, like every woman.”

For more from LeAnn, go to Fabulous

Filed under: Featured,LeAnn Rimes

Photo credit: Fabulous

What’s wrong with this woman? There are some things you just keep to yourself, like if your stepsons call you mom when you slept with their married father and have an already incredibly strained relationship with their mother.

• lisa smifth

I look after kids for a living and they often call me “mom” by mistake. I’m convinced this is what is happening here with “Lee”, I think she is just trying to whip Brandi into starting another internet fracas. Nice.

2. Opal

Ooh, this is going to make Brandi FLIP

3. Lynn in the South

As a child of divorce, I hope the children can overcome the harm the so called grown up cause.

4. AJ

The parents in this family (step and bio) just consistently use these boys as the rope in a game of tug-of-war. They talk about how much they love them, and maybe they do, but I wish that Eddie, LeAnn and Brandi would learn to quit talking about one another via interviews, social media, books, etc.

5. Mary

Her doctor needs to step in and raise her meds. It is pretty sick that she had an affair with a married man, tore him away from his wife and broke up a family and now she flaunts it like it is ok to do this sort of thing and she is constantly attacking the ex wife of the man she stole. She is a psychological mess and also she is NOT a mother and doesn’t need to be included on the baby websites.

• L

I think it’s unfair to say only biological parents should be on the website. I don’t in any way agree with her behaviour. But you wouldn’t say seal talking about Leni shouldn’t be included (pre-adoption) because he is her parent, and step parents can be brilliant, positive role models and co-parents in successful blended families. Let’s not tar them all with her terrible brush.

• Mary

I am not attacking step parents or adoptive parents in anyway. This specific person who has and continues to do extremely hateful things and she did break up a family, even though she likes to pretend she didnt do anything wrong. She is speaking out ONLY to try and continue to attack the mother of these boys. Can she not keep anything to herself? Yes Eddie was scum for doing what he did, but LeAnn is consistently on social media attacking the ex wife. She needs to have her own baby and she will eventually see what she is and has done to this family, because eventually Eddie will do to her what he did to his ex.

• AvaElizabeth

I don’t like her and it’s really bad that she tells in public that the boys call her mom sometimes (well, maybe sometimes accidentially when they play and think about something else?? don’t know..) she just wants to hurt the mother of the boys, nothing else.

But I also have to say.. she’s a b*tch for having an affair with a married man, but he’s crap too because he also had a choice.

• SMH

You cant tear away a man from a women unless he is wanting to be torn apart. He def is not the innocent one in this either.
      Leanne just needs to go away. She new exactly what she was doing when she said this. This women is beyond immature. I hope she doesnt end up pregnant yet again maybe she should so when her and eddie finally break up she will know what its like to have her child call someone else “mom”.

This remark is probably her revenge for Brandi slamming her in her book. Seriously, grow up.

7. DoesntMatter

She is a disrespectful little troll UGH!

8. Bink

Leann is not their mother, plain and simple. The boys don’t need a replacement. Life in Hollywood (and in general) is already confusing. Leann should respect the boys’
    privacy. “Loyalty” is such a slippery slope for kids of divorce and Eddie and the Shrews are not helping at all.

9. Tracy

Oh yeah, she’s saying that just to piss their mom off. Classy.

10. Virna

This just another example of Leann being disgusting. Why even support or encourage this behavior? Didn’t Eddie say that he didn’t want his kids to experience any type of public exposure? How is she protecting those boys by always giving interviews about them and using them to taunt their mother?

11. Sandra

Why the hell doesn’t she just try and get pregnant and then she will have her own child who can call her “Mommy” instead of going back and forth about her hubby’s kids calling her “Mom” and won’t have to keep up this crazy fighting with her husband’s ex! Those two are like two little kids fighting back and forth! I find it so childish! Grow up women!!

12. Annie

For women out there who sleep with married men, guilt and decency should prevent them to ever open their mouth. I don’t care if the wife is crazy, or the marriage over. Be sensitive and shut up. How hard she’s tried to be likable and pitied is just disgusting. Suck it up b*tch. You made your own bed.

13. LaKesha

She is hardly the first woman to date and marry a previously married man. We know nothing of the details of this relationship. I’m not understanding the level of criticism for this woman. Not sure why so many readers are taking this personally.

• Meliss

I think it’s because it’s well known that her speaking about these boys clearly antagonizes their mother. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Brandi Glanville to ask that LeAnn NOT discuss these kids. The fact that she continues to seems to be purposeful and disrepectful. I’ve asked that people not post my kid’s picture on Facebook. If my mom or aunt or anyone else related to her did it because they felt, as a relative, that they should be able to make that call, I’d be pissed. As the mother, you get to make those kind of calls.

He wasn’t “previously” married, he was currently married when she started having sex with him.

14. Someone

Ugh I would die inside if my children called anyone else ‘mom’.

15. Jb

It seems to me that Leann is always making digs at Brandi. Leann can simply say she does not want to discuss Brandi or the boys. Wouldn’t that be the right thing to do?
    As for them calling her mom it seems she is trying to make it sound like it means more then it does. My nieces have called me mom by accident and my son has done the same with my sister. It’s just a little slip. I’m not sure why she feels the need to bring it up.

• Amy

She would never say that because then she wouldn’t be in the spotlight. That is the only reason that anyone interviews her anymore. She’s like the Kardashians. She’s only famous because of her personal life now, not because of anything else.

I hope you’re kidding. Just because YOU don’t know what’s happening in her career, doesn’t mean that she needs this nonsense to “be in the spotlight”.

• D

Sorry have to disagree, I didn’t even know she was still making music. The first and last time Leann entered on to my radar, was when she had that song that was on that terrible movie Coyote Ugly years ago. The only reason I now know she even she still exists is, when the whole thing with Eddie and Brandi started popping up everywhere!

16. Doreen

Nut job.

The best thing for everyone (except the baby) will be when she has a baby of her own and stops obsessing over Brandi’s. Just like Gisele Bundchen.

18. LIMom

Home-wrecking whore !!! She will NEVER be their mother.

Why is she on this site ?? WHY ????

19. ashley

Something is seriously wrong with this women. Youre already stamped as homewrecker, what else youre trying to pursue. Leann theyre not your kids, they will never love you like they love their mommy. Youre pathetic!

20. Shannon

I agree that this seems like a dig at Brandi. These three “adults” really need to get over themselves and put these kids first. Feel so sorry for these kids and any other kids in this situation. Hopefully the kids learn what NOT to do from watching these clowns.

21. Sophia

This lady rubs me the wrong way. She seems sweet enough, but why continually make public statements about her relationship with her stepsons when she knows it’s going to elicit a negative reaction from their mom? It just seems unnecessary and antagonistic.