Henry & Jenna Bush Hager Welcome First Child: Mila

jenna-bush-00-600

Congratulations to Henry and Jenna Bush Hager.

The former first daughter and her husband welcomed daughter Mila on Saturday, April 13 in New York City, TODAY reports. Baby Margaret Laura is named after her grandmothers and will be called Mila.

“Both my girls are healthy and well,” Henry said in an email. He said that Mila arrived a bit ahead of her due date but weighed in at 6 lbs., 15 oz. and measures 19¼ inches long.

Jenna, 32, is a contributor on the NBC morning show and shared some family photos, including her proud parents, George W. Bush and Laura Bush, bonding with their first grandchild.

“We met our beautiful granddaughter [on Sunday],” the former president stated. “Jenna and Mila are healthy. And our family is elated.”

Filed under: Births,Jenna Bush Hager

Photo credit: NBC

1. Mary

Beautiful pictures, love the name using both grandmothers names.

2. anonymous

Congratulations. What a lovely name.

3. L

Is that Mee-la or Mill-a?

Why not just name her Mila if that’s what she’s always going to be referred to as? Dear grandma, I named my baby after you but I don’t actually like the name so I’m never going to call her that. Dumb.

5. SMH

Haha l agree its like meet my son Christopher but we call him Frank!! I think Maggie would be a better alternative.

6. arabella

Why not just name her Mila if that’s what she’s always going to be referred to as. I dont understand people like that.

7. Anon

Calling the child something other than her given name is no different than calling Roberts the nickname Bob, Samanthas called Sam or any other such thing. I like the name Mila. It’s fresh, different , easy to spell either and doesnt’ sound as if it will age badly.

8. Ellen

Congrats. I like the name.

9. arabella

yeah I understand stand the nickname thing but how did she get mila from Margaret or Laura .Like someone naming their daughter Megan Elizabeth and calling her molly.

10. Heather

Sweet pictures. The one of the president holding her is cute – with his arm all awkward! Jenna looks amazing after giving birth too!

11. Pingback: Jenna Bush Hager's "Dearest Pumpkins"