Ryan Phillippe: Flag Football During Reese Witherspoon’s Crisis

Ryan Phillippe shows support for his little Cowboy in Brentwood

Actor Ryan Phillippe was seen cheering on his 9-year-old son Deacon during his flag football game in Brentwood, Calif. on Saturday (April 20).

Meanwhile, in somewhat shocking new, mama Reese Witherspoon and her new husband Jim Toth were arrested on Friday for suspicion of driving while intoxicated in Atlanta. Although she put on a brave face at a screening of Mud in New York City on Sunday, the actress released an official statement Monday morning.

“Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say, I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said,” the statement reads.

“It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse,” Reese continues. “I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. The words I used that night definitely do not reflect who I am. I have nothing but respect for the police and I’m very sorry for my behavior.”

Toth, 42, faces a DUI charge after driving in the wrong lane while Witherspoon, 37, was arrested for disorderly conduct.

According to a police report obtained by Variety, “Mrs. Witherspoon asked, ‘Do you know my name?’ I answered, ‘No, I don’t need to know your name.’ I then added, ‘right now.’ Mrs. Witherspoon stated, ‘You’re about to find out who I am.’ “

Filed under: Deacon Phillippe,Featured,Ryan Phillippe

Photo credit: FameFlynet/AKM-GSI

1. lulu

I used to like her, but after her statement “Do know my name”? I am not so sure anymore. Cannot stand it when celebrities think that laws do not apply to them. Do not forget you are just people (with money). I disliked her immediately trying to use her celebrity status. Blaaaah

2. klutzy_girl

I still love her, but not a good move there, Reese. I am happy she apologized for her actions. One bad decision/action isn’t going to ruin her for me forever.

She only apologized after the incident was all over the media. If she was really sorry she would have made her statement Saterday not two days after it happend and late Sunday night after it was all over the media.

Her apology was for damaged control.

• klutzy_girl

Who’s to say she didn’t apologize to the cop before all of this leaked?

And at least her apology is a nice one and she’s not blaming the cop for everything and saying it was his fault. She actually owned up to it.

I’m disappointed in her and I hope this never happens again, but I buy the apology.

I didn’t say anything about her apologizing/not apologizing to the cop.

Their is a lot of talk about their being a video and TMZ will have it out by the end of the day. If that true she had no other choice but to own up to it.

• Sara

I’m sure she’s heartbroken that you’re disppointed in her.

• Anonymouse

Who did she owe an apology to? You?

• Heather

Well yeah, you only apologize to those who either you hurt, or who know what happened, or could be affected by it. I mean if you got a DUI last weekend I’m sure you wouldn’t go apologize to everyone at your work, everyone at your gym, everyone at your school, everyone at your church, every parent on your kid’s soccer team. I give her props for not denying it like most of the celebrities do, I’m sure she is very humiliated.

• Anon

Wow, you really are making light of the situation. Who drinks and drives especially when you could afford a driver? They could have killed someone. Do we know who you are? Yes, you are a low life and so busy chasing this guy you are making such poor decisions. Her daughter is almost a teen. Grow up Reese , you poor example of a parent! He blew a 1.37!!!!!!!!!

3. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

She’s lucky that she and her drunk husband didn’t seriously hurt or kill someone. I don’t understand someone with all her money and they couldn’t call a cab or pay a chauffeur?

4. SMH

I think people make mistakes and she def made a big one. Clearly too drunk to drive her hubby did instead but unfortunately he had been drinking too. You cant make that kind of mistake someone could be seriously hurt and/or killed. I am sure she is sorry bc she got sober and realized she acted like an ass. Not a great lesson to teach your kids and Ava already gets embarrassed by the smallest things her mom does l am sure this isnt going to go over well.
    Nobody is perfect and alcohol makes you say & do crazy things hopefully she learned a big lesson.

5. Wendy

Crisis? She is in legal trouble, she is not in grave danger…crisis is the wrong word.

I really have very little sympathy for drunk drivers, I’ve seen a family destroyed from a drunk driver. I think he should get the same sentence as a lunatic waving a loaded gun around, the could both result in fatalities.

6. Gabby

Drunk drivers kill over 10,000 people in the United States EVERY YEAR. And it is 100% preventable. I think ALL cars should be manufactured with a breathalyzer lock and you must clear it to start your car. And people who get DUIs should serve jail time, period. It is attempted assault with a deadly weapon.

Reese’s self-preservation ‘apology’ is pathetic.

• Anonymouse

You realize she’s in a no-win situation, right? Maybe she genuinely feels badly and felt the need to apologize for how she behaved. It’s not an excuse, it’s not a rationalization. It’s just an apology, not sure why you’d classify it as “pathetic”. What would you have said if she DIDN’T issue an apology?

7. xoJerseyGirlxo

I’ve always felt was unfairly hated on by Reese’s fans who always felt she was perfect. I’m sure she contributed to a lot of their marriage ending just as much as his cheating. Hopefully this will allow people to view Ryan in a different light. Yes, he’s made mistakes but he has grown up so much since their split (which was years ago) and i really think he’s a good father. He’s always seen out with his kids and he’s always talked so nicely of Reese and Jim since their marriage and birth of their son.

If you feel unfairly hated on by Reese’s fans, you need counseling. How in the world could complete strangers make you feel “hated on”?!?!?! LOL

• SMH

In any marriage you can never rake sides unless you have facts. I am sure Ryan isnt perfect either and both seem like good parents. Lets not forget ryan got some girl pregnant and wasnt their a paternity test involved?
      Bottom line is many celebs get drunk (i.e mel gibson lindsay lohan heck even back in the day nicoles richie) all getting caught w. dui’s or saying awful things. Its not fair to hate on Reese for a stupid mistake she hopefully only makes once. And as far as what she said to the cop l literally can brush that off. It wasnt like she screamed nasty things to him she just acted conceited. I know plenty of those kinds of people in my everyday life!!

• xoJerseyGirlxo

I didn’t take sides, i said the downfall of their marriage was probably not all Ryan’s fault like Reese’s fans liked to pretend back when they split. Go back and read what i said again or improve your poor comprehension.

• Sara

OUR poor comprehension?? You left out a crucial piece of information (the subject) and are telling us we’re dumb for not understanding you? Ok!

• Anonymous9

You can literally brush that off? I don’t think you know what “literally” means.

I use to really like Reese, I always thought she was cute and down to earth, but over the last couple of years she seems to have gotten a pretty big ego. I hope this humbles her a little. On a side note, as an actress, I don’t think she has been good in a movie in years, so I am not sure what has inflated her ego so much?!

9. Peter

Good parent, unlike his ex wife.

A crisis is losing your job, having cancer, losing a child. THIS is not a crisis.

She really lucked out with the timing of this and things in Boston. She’s had barely any coverage.