Jessica Alba Wore Double Corset To Lose Baby Weight

The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards in LA

The truth is revealed!

Just four months after giving birth to her second daughter, Jessica Alba wowed in a bikini while vacationing with her family. And now, the mom-of-two is admitting to the extreme measures she took to look so svelte.

“I wore a double corset day and night for three months,” the actress, 31, tells Net-a-Porter. “It was sweaty, but worth it.” Calling her weight loss method “brutal,” the actress adds that “it’s not for everyone.”

The Sin City: A Dame to Kill actress says her acting has changed since motherhood.

“My approach to acting now is so different – I’m fearless because I have nothing to lose,” she shares. “Before children my identity was wrapped up in every decision – now I don’t care.”

The Honest Company founder went on to talk about juggling work and family life. “I don’t balance [work and home] well. I just try to do the best I can.”

And after their recent trip to St. Barts with hubby Cash Warren — sans daughters Honor, 4, and 1-year-old Haven — the couple feels closer than ever.

“It was our first trip in six years that wasn’t a work trip,” she says. “I didn’t realize how important it was until we got home and I was like ‘We like each other! We really are best friends.’”

She adds: “I knew we were rooting for each other every day and we’d made these two people who are my favorite things on the planet, but having that time just us, it was cool to connect. We both chose the right person.”

Filed under: Jessica Alba

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Louise

I don’t see how a corset can actually make you LOSE weight, instead of compressing it…

2. Jennifer

All just to “look” perfect. To be really skinny and to have people say 4 mo. after she gave birth, “look at her…she looks so good and she just had a baby.” I don’t respect her. I think she is surface…and that is just not the kind of person I would admire. Funny how she ‘reveals’ this a year later…guess she just wanted everyone to think the baby weight magically came off.

3. lulu

That’s not a scoop! she has already said in a magazine (2011) “I wear a girdle around my tummy from the moment I give birth until it doesn’t feel loosely goosey anymore—that takes a good two to three months. It’s spandex with Velcro.”…

4. Bella

My issue is her thinking she’s the modern poster woman for healthy kids, healthy lifestyle and blah blah then she says this. Not healthy! Not intelligent! Sweating and binding yourself does not equal weight loss. Every trainer I know who did or does work in the Hollywood circuit says everyone uses some type of diet pill or Rx drug to drop the weight because of the pressure. Be honest and not dumb, Jessica.

It actually dose work.

I’m sure she also work out to look they way she dose but it dose strengthen your stomach muscles so you get a flat stomach.

• Bella

No it doesn’t. Sweat does not make you lose actual fat, just water weight. It may help your muscles back into place but it DOES NOT make you skinnier. If you get on the scale minus a few pounds of water, nothing will go down on the scare. She is a total moron and very dishonest. She looks great but either don’t offer the info of how you did it or tell the truth.

5. DJ

I’m trying to have a baby and definitely book marked a few websites that sell corsets for after pregnancy, once I read her article. I was inspired actually. Of course I’d ask my obgyn to make sure it was a healthy option, but I think it’s a great idea to give your stomach some support after your muscles and organs are all out of whack, due to pregnancy. And I must say that it’s disturbing how hateful some of the commenters are on here, over another human being choosing to wear a corset. What benefit is it to the world to go around trolling on websites and spewing all your discontent about issues that really don’t personally affect you!!

• amanda

I wish you to get pregnant soon because you seems to really desire it… Don’t worry about wearing a corset or not, it’s not the priority according to me, the essential is you to be a mother and I’m sure that you’ll be a good one! Just take it easy and don’t try to be a control freak (I know how it can be difficult to stop planning everything…) because when we are expecting and the maternity will not be compatible with that lol! I wish you all the best!

6. kia

I am glad she is admitting what she has done post-partum. It helps for other post-partum women to have realistic expectations that movie stars don’t magically transform after a baby.

• JLM

i agree! i’d rather her admit how she lost the weight instead of the old “the weight just fell off by breast feeding and running after babies”. at least she’s honest!

7. Jennifer

This is actually an issue that is close to me. My sister chose to wear one after her second pregnancy and it bruised her so badly and squeezed her in such a way her tummy muscles and adhesions from inside her stomach from having her babies became infected. Dr felt it was due to the extreme tightness of the corsets. So… It does pertain to me and I do not agree with it.

8. Meliss

I’m sure she worked out like a beast as well. Hey, whatever works. Her face and body are her money makers. Can’t forget that these gals kind of have to lose the weight. It’s part of their job to look the way they do. That said, I wonder if that corset thing works 12 months post partum. Hahaha