Reese Witherspoon: The Baby Stole My Brain

1367232194_reece-witherspoon-red-cover_1

Pre DUI drama with husband Jim Toth, Academy Award-winner Reese Witherspoon opened up to British magazine Red about being an overwhelmed mom-of-three kids: Ava, 13, Deacon, 9, and Tennessee, 6 months.

On being an overwhelmed mom-of-three: “Ever since I had the baby, I can’t remember anything. Serious, this child stole my brain. I’m losing friendships over forgetting to get back to people. But you can’t keep up with everything. I’ve got a 13-year-old, a nine-year-old and a baby.”

On keeping track of all three kids: “[It's] like CNN ticker tape running through my mind at all times . . .’Where is Ava? She’s okay. Good. Where is Deacon? He’s okay. Good. Where is Tennessee? Is he okay? Yes. Great. Back to Ava…’ It doesn’t stop.”

On life: “Lord knows every day is not a success, every year is not a success. You have to celebrate the good.”

On her A-list pals Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz: “They’re just as charismatic and fun as you would imagine. It’s nice to hang with Drew because we both just had babies and we can support each other. And Cameron is such a funny, bright gal. She’s an incredibly sharp business-minded woman, but she disguises that side of herself. It’s her secret alter ego. I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends. They have literally gotten me up out of bed, taken my clothes off, put me in the shower, dressed me, said, ‘Hey, you can do this,’ put my high heels on and pushed me out the door!”

Reese her new husband Jim Toth were arrested on April 19 for suspicion of driving while intoxicated in Atlanta.

Filed under: Reese Witherspoon

Photo credit: Red

1. Jessica

As much as I hated her altercation with the police asking them if they knew who she was (how conceited and disgusting), I must say the baby brain is real thing lol. After I had my recent baby it’s like I forget the simplest things. It’s crazy!!! However i hope she isn’t blaming her baby brain in her drunk driving because one has nothing to do with other.

2. A

Too much photo shop. I thought it was one of the Olsen twins.

3. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

A, you took the words right out of the mouth. I thought it was either Mary Kate or Ashely. Wow!

Her husband’s drinking ‘has been an issue for her…‘, but she still went out drinking with him? (Not even to mention getting in the car with him).

If it had really already been a concern for her (which means she knows this was a problem before ever going anywhere), she would’ve been smart enough to know he wouldn’t be able to drive them home… Yet let him drive them *to* the location, knowing that she also planned to drink. And now she’s throwing her husband under the bus in an attempt to make us forget what she pulled.

Are you nuts? Her and her husband did a stupid, dangerous thing. I’m sure they don’t stay up nights worried about whether you’ve forgiven them for “what they pulled”

5. Peter

She’s pulling a Chris Brown. Granted, what she did isn’t as bad as Chris’ but she’s handling the situation very similarly to how he handled it. She won’t take responsibility for her actions.

• SMH

How do you figure? She released an apology saying how she regrets her behavior. There was two options. Make a statement or say nothing either way she’s damned if she does or damned if she doesn’t. I for one am glad she came out and apologized even f it was a forced one (which I don’t believe it was). We all make mistakes. Granted you should never drink or drive or think it’s okay to get in a car with someone that drinks but tons of people everyday do it. It’s not right but it happens.
      I hope she learned a lesson and if not I hope the embarrassment was enough. What she said was conceited but I think she let her drunk brain get to her and it’s not the first time we’ve seen a celeb go off on a tangent (i.e. Mel Gibson).
      Lindsay Lohan gets in trouble all the time but it’s kind of like we expect it now. Nobody expected it with Reese I think that’s why it was such a shocker.

She learned nothing because that Sunday night when her apology came out she was out drinking with her alcoholic, druggy, racist BFF Chelsea Handler.

She was out drinking and driving Friday night and was out drinking Sunday night, ya I’m sure she “so” sorry.lol

• Amypotter

@SMH

Lol at your comment anyone who is friends with Chelsea Handler is not as sweet and inasent as they appears to be.

So am I surprised by her actions no and I think she only sorry she got caught and couldn’t use her name to get out of it.

6. anonymous

Well nobody’s perfect. She made a mistake as we all do. She doesn’t need to be crucified for it.

Exactly!

Ummm you can absolutely judge someone for having a DUI. Getting into a car after when your BAL exceeds the legal limit is not only illegal, but it could potentially kill you or someone else. I have NO respect for people that drive drunk. I have seen first hand the pain drunk driving can cause. I also have very little respect for people that think it is okay to taunt, basically threaten (because the “do you know who I am” line IS a threat to fire those that celebs deem lower than themselves), and mouth off to a police officer just doing their job. Yes, there are jerk cops out their who let the power go to their heads, but the majority of cops out there are good people who put their lives on the line to protect us. I worked as a 911 dispatcher for two years and I have a heck of a lot more respect for cops and the EMTs that have to go to the scene of a drunk driving accident than I do for this so called “America’s Sweetheart” who gets paid millions of dollars to pretend to be someone else. So yeah, I am going to judge her for this. Sorry for this rant, but I am so sick of the mini van majority falling for this BS and saying “oh it was a mistake.” No she didn’t kill anyone, but her husband could

• Anon

It’s a mistake that could’ve made her new baby an orphan, or worse – get someone else killed. ‘Don’t drink and drive’ is not a recommendation and the law exists for a reason.

So tell me.. Should everyone on the planet simply just hate her forever and pretend she doesn’t exist? Is that what should happen to everyone who does something incredibly stupid? Is there no way for someone to learn from their mistakes, and never repeat them? Or does one mistake just put you in the category of “Chris Brown” and you should just kill yourself and get it over with?

7. hopper

Babybrain or not . Yes it is real . I have it myself most days,but getting that drunk when you are a new mom is not wright. I think maybe Reese may want to look in to some AA meetings.With her new husband. Ryan does not look so bad just about now.

8. Jen

Yeah, yeah, the baby stole her brain…whatever. She also conveniently forgot that drunk driving is dangerous and illegal. She is so conceited- I can’t stand her.