Gwyneth Paltrow’s Attempts To Appear “Relatable”

p17pjag3ls5mi1lk11rmmero1cvb4

From our friends at Hollyscoop.com!

On April 16th, 2013 Gwyneth Paltrow was voted the “Most Hated” celebrity in Hollywood.

She earned this despicable spot namely because she constantly says stuff like, “I am who I am; I can’t pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year” and, “I would rather die than let my kid eat Cup-a-Soup.”

Every day since that article was published, Gwyn has been trying to save face and get everyone to change their opinion about her.

Gwyneth is working overtime so that people stop calling her “insufferable,” “pretentious” and “out of touch” and start calling her “cool,” “down-to-earth” and “just like you.”

For a timeline of Gwyn’s attempts to appear “relatable” since the “Most Hated” interview – visit Hollyscoop.com.

Filed under: Gwyneth Paltrow,Partners

1. Dana.

As a regular reader of this site, I must say that I’m disappointed in this negative article. Isn’t this site supposed to be devoted to baby and child related topics? Anyway, Gweneth isn’t that bad. People just like to focus on a couple comments they don’t like, and exaggerate them into this huge ordeal, when truly it’s not that big of a deal – they are a couple of comments, do get over it people. I like Gweneth. I think she promotes healthy living, she’s funny and honest. Keep in mind that she grew up in a world of privilege and wasn’t shown how to be as humble as she probably could be. This doesn’t make her a bad person. I actually find it to be pathetic that there is even a contest to vote a person as being most hated in Hollywood. Who in their right mind participates in these voting contests?? What is worse, a woman who makes a statement saying, “I can’t pretend that I make $25,000 a year?” or gossip sites, such as Celeb Baby Scoop and Hollyscoop thinking that it’s more publicly acceptable to publish articles about hating people??

• Robin

I completely agree with you! At least Gwyneth is honest and doesn’t pretend to be someone she is not. I think she is a good example of a strong, intelligent woman in Hollywood… Not something you find very often!

• @

( I think she is a good example of a strong, intelligent woman in Hollywood… Not something you find very often!

Lol thanks for this comment I need a good laugh.

• SiervaMaria

I also totally agree with you Dana and I can’t add to it because you said pretty much my opinion on the matter.

So true Gwen is full of herself.

Love this post.

4. Sandra

Well Gwyneth, if you lived paycheck to paycheck and your child had to eat cup a soup, then so be it. Not too many people are as fortunate as you are to give their children anything they want, or to feed them the best of everything. If my child or any child has to eat macaroni and cheese from a box, so what??

• Helena

You can still eat healthy without being rich. It’s possible to feed your child a decent meal even if you don’t make top dollar.

5. Jennifer

Wake up Gwen….sad but true a lot of kids in this country aren’t even lucky to have cup of soup as their meal at home. As a former teacher, I knew a few children who would eat their school lunches on Friday afternoon, and didn’t get a meal till they got to school Monday morning for school breakfast. It was heartbreaking. Of course, Gwen could maybe use her celebrity $$ and ways to help some of the charities out there who help to feed kids who are not getting healthy meals. Yes, she promotes healthy eating and lifestyle, but go out there and do something about it…look at Jamie Oliver who did so much for the school lunch programs and implementing healthy eating choices for kids and families. So what if you were brought up “priveledged?” It doesn’t mean that you have to continue to sit on your high horse and judge others who have less than you or cannot afford organic meals for their children.

• Helena

If a child is not eating for days in a row that is straight up neglect. Even very poor people in third world countries can manage to feed their children. The fact that you seem to be giving the parents of your starving students a break due to their economic status is wrong. They should be arrested for child abuse. As a teacher I hope you reported them.

• Lioness

Isn’t that what Goop was? Her attempt at doing something about it?

6. Albus

I don’t hate her, but she is indeed annoying. Now she’s talking and talking about her marriage to look more like “us.” She doesn’t need to do that! If she wants to share tips for a healthy life, that’s pretty good. But other than that, she really needs to shut up.

7. Lioness

So… we’re mad at her because she doesn’t want to feed her kids a bowl of sodium and preservatives? Am I reading that right? Do YOU like feeding your kids that mess? I don’t. If it was a choice between starvation and living, I’d choose life, of course- but there’s no way I’m getting mad at someone else for putting her foot down about not giving that to her kids. I honestly don’t get the whole hatred of Gwyneth- she has her opinions on things, and she’s entitled to them. I’m sure she didn’t *ACTUALLY* mean she’d die if her kids had to eat a Cup of Soup, just like when you really want something and you say “I’d kill for some ___”, you wouldn’t *ACTUALLY* kill someone for that thing- and she’s been fortunate enough not to have to feed her kids that stuff. What’s wrong with being happy about that? And why does she have to relate to ANYone, anyway?? I mean, I like that she promotes healthy living, we all should- but on the whole, I really could care less about how she feels about things, I live my own life- which is why I don’t understand why people dislike her so much. You really don’t have to listen to or read about ANYthng Gwyneth Paltrow says. At all.

8. Gemi

Ugh.

What do you expect from someone who was born with a silver spoon in her ass. She never knew struggle, she is oblivious.

• Lioness

I think it is unfair to say that because she was born rich, she has never known struggle- she may not have struggled to find her next meal or save for a vacation, but life comes with far more than financial struggles. Paltrow has talked a lot about struggling with post-partum depression, something that doesn’t discriminate who it affects.

And last time I checked, being born rich wasn’t a crime. It makes absolutely no sense to me to portray Gwyneth’s birth into affluence as a negative thing, because 99.9% of the adult population would love to have Gwyneth’s wealth- we would love for our own kids to be born with witnessing financial struggle. And so for that reason, every negative comment I read against Gwyneth seems to reek of jealousy. Everyone complains she was born rich and can’t relate- again, she doesn’t need to relate to everyone. She’s not running for office- she’s just stating her opinions. And many like-minded people learn from her- rich and poor. I, for one, agree that we should try to find better alternatives for our kids than processed foods. The whole American food system needs an intervention and major overhaul. But I digress…

For the record, I am NO fan of Gwyneth Paltrow- I like her in the Iron Man movies, but beyond that, I think she’s a pretty average actress with a lot of undeserved attention- good and bad- and merit. She seems like a poor little rich girl. But the disgust that some of you have? You would think she kills puppies. Keep hating if you guys want- we are ALL keeping her relevant by talking about her, so eat your hearts out :-).

9. Hadley

Oh my God. This isn’t about whether or not she feeds soup to her child. It’s about the fact that she has proven herself time after time, to be an insufferably arrogant, judgmental, self-worshipping know-it-all. She’s a tool. Period.

• Lioness

We can live our lives without EVER knowing what Gwyneth Paltrow thinks about anything. And what I’ve heard from her doesn’t ruffle me. At all. I just don’t get it.

10. SMH

I am more amazed when she can get through an interview w.out mentioning jay z and Beyonce.

11. Melonie

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Gwyneth should stop trying to convince the world that she is just like the rest of us and just accept that she is privileged beyond what most of us will ever experience.

What she can do is stop reminding us of that every chance she gets.