The Little Couple Adopt Baby No. 2: Zoey

BIytoXFCUAIoTHn-500x500

Wonderful – and surprising! – news to report.

The Little Couple’s Dr. Jen Arnold, 39, and Bill Klein, 38, introduced their 3-year-old son William on the Katie Couric show recently. And now they have more exciting news to report. After years of hoping to become parents and suffering through fertility issues, the couple are also adopting a 19-month-old girl from India they have named Zoey.

“We’re so delighted that Zoey will be joining our family and that William will have a little sister coming home very soon,” the reality TV couple said in a statement to PEOPLE.

While Zoey – who also has a form of dwarfism like her adoptive parents and brother Will – is officially their daughter, Jennifer and Bill are waiting on final approvals and dates to be put in place before bringing her home to Houston.

“We’ve dealt with prejudice and many challenges,” Jennifer said of her life experiences. “I feel very lucky and fortunate that I have the wonderful life I have.”

“A little girl came up to me in a store and said, ‘You are a little person,’ very matter-of-factly and I said, ‘Yes, I am, thank you very much,’” the doctor continued. “We have an opportunity to raise awareness and that’s wonderful.”

She added: “I wanted us to be parents before we were too old to enjoy being parents.”

Watch their TLC show, The Little Couple, Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET where they find out about Zoey for the first time.

Filed under: Adoptions,Bill Klein,Featured,Jennifer Arnold

Photo credit: Instagram

1. Megan

Good for them!

• kim

I feel they should have adopted children from the usa! To me this said a lot about them and playing it safe! I will not watch there show anymore.

• Renee M

They are little people, who want to adopt other little people. Have you considered the fact that maybe these were the only “little people” available for adoption at the time? Or the fact that these little children were already living in orphanages, and they are harder to place than a average height person? Or maybe this couple just got sick and tired of waiting to get pregnant unsuccessfully that they just had enough already and couldn’t wait any longer to start a family, and these overseas adoptions are finalized alot faster than American adoptions? No matter what the reason, these beautiful little children needed loving homes with parents who could financially provide their extensive needs, and have overcome the same obstacles themselves. Hands down they make a beautiful family. I cant wait for new episodes of their show!!!!

• Linda

I totally agree with Renne. I am so happy for them.

• adela

People need to stop being so rude, who do they think they are. Jen and Bill could adopt any kids from any country and its their Business to do so. They have so much love to offer and I Thank God for them. I love their show and its my number one show, lots of people could learn from them. I Pray God will heal Jen from this stupid cancer, Jen is a fighter and been through so many surgery.. God Bless Jen and her family and fans like me. Happy Holidays Jen,Bill,Will,Joey.

• Beth Neer

i think it is so nice to see them with there kids. they treat them just like thear own.it is very rare to see.I was adopted and was abused mentaly, emotonaly, and physicaly.we need more odoptive parents like them in our world!

• lisa

Umm??? Why would you say that? They adopted kids from other countries because most of those kids are in 3rd world countries

• Nita

Oh, come on…There are so many children that can be adopted in the United States, but they make it so so hard to do so. That is why so many people go out of the USA to adopt….

• Mary

To Kim, that is ridiculous! Do you know how hard it is to adopt children in the US? They just want to be parents and Will is the cutest little kid I ever saw who by the way needed a good home and loving parents. You sound like a bigot.

• bo s

I agree with Renee M. I think that you do not know what goes into adopting a child. Especially a child in the US. My aunt and uncle tried for years. They kept on fixing the things the agency wanted special requirements etc… and after they did what was asked…. oeps your to old to adopt… It is not easy in the US to adopt. and I know especially children in china with a disapilatiy is it dwarfism, blind, missing a leg you name it grow up in orphanages because they are not seen as perfect. I think giving a child a life that they would otherwise never had is a wonderful thing. and in the US children with a disability have more of a chance to be adopted or fostered because of a lot of loving familys.
        way to go Jen and Bill and enjoy every minute of it…

• elaine

Assume you know of dwarf “orphans” babies in US who needing to be adopted now?

• Elyce V.

I am sorry you feel that way Kim. Do you know what they do to disabled children in some foreign countries? Not to mention the special medical care that these children would not have access to. I think people who adopt children (that would most likely die of illness or have no chance for a normal life) are heroes. Jen and Bill are giving life to children that would not only be ostracized for their disability, but would be prone to die early for lack of proper medical care. I applaud anyone who wants to adopt outside the US, from a 3rd world country, to save a child. It’s too bad that more people in the US don’t consider adoption vs. having their own child, because so many more lives would be saved. Every child deserves love.

• Sandy Jones

Yes it says how wonderful they are. Perhaps it would take years to adopt a child with dwarfism from the US. They struggled with getting pregnant and they wanted to experience parenthood. Jennifer gives to children in the US everyday by taking care of premies being a pediatric doctor. Don’t judge someone from a TV show. You don’t know the intracacies of their struggle.

• Jean Lindstrom

What a narrow mind you must have, Kim. There is no reason for you to continue watching the show–and your viewership will not be missed.

• Carol Kitterman

To Kim. You obviously have never visited an orphange in a country like India. These are the children who desperately need to be adopted (especially the special needs children) by parents who can afford to provide them with the medical treatments they need. The worst case scenario of an orphaned child in the USA, is the best case scenario of an orphaned child in many countries. The USA kids at least have the basic necessities – food, shelter, clothing, etc. – I say “Go Bill & Jen”. I LOVE your show. I can FEEL the love you both have for little Will. Besides a child is a child no matter where they come from! God bless you both for your unselfish love. I hope I live long enough to see the wonderful man I believe Will will turn out to be and the contribution I think he will make to our society. I can’t wait to meet Zoey!

• Carol Kitterman

• katy

Wow…another racist American….surprise surprise

2. Meg

Love reading this! So happy for them!

3. denise

Double the fun!!!! Best wishes to everyone.

4. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

I am so happy for them. I think they’ll be awesome parents.

5. Jennifer

Bless them…they are going to be wonderful parents to these children!

It’ll probably be a great thing to have adopted them so close together. Best wishes to the new family!

7. Teresa

Very happy for them both they will be very loving parents

8. Kelly

Bill & Jen deserve the best. I love to watch the show. Can’t wait to see Zoey also! CONGRATS

9. Lynda

You both are awsome people and congrats for any ventures you both take on. Life is to short to not enjoy all of what you can do

10. Tess

I am so happy for them. Jen and Bill will be wonderful parents.

11. I’m so excited to see the new baby. Love the show.

12. Candace Bassat

So happy for them–know they will be great parents. I think it’s great that they’re adopting little people. Love this show!

13. kelly reynolds

So happy for them the will great parents.I love the show cant wait to see them bring both children.Congrats bill and jen .

14. Katie

Mazel tov to the new family. May you enjoy everything for the hardships to every joy because when you look back everything is a joy even when it doesn’t seem it at the time. Oh, take pictures as often as you can anywhere , every occasion good or bad because not everything is good and bad day pictures or bad pictures seem to have the best memories attached. Enjoy the next 18 years, love them like you never thought possible and love the challenge they will bring. P.S. save the nursery school art, my teens love looking at their creations, it is like ‘I’ve been there, done it, and now understand that when I am out of space writing my name in the upper right corner, it is not okay to place the remaining letter at the beginning. That may only happen with William.

15. MOLLY

I REALLY LOVE YOUR SHOW YOUR A BEAUTIFUL SMART COUPLE
    YOUR BABIES ARE GIFTED TO YOU FROM OUR GOOD LORD YOU TOUCHED SO MANY HEARTS

16. Jewel615

Though we are new to “knowing” Jen and Bill, my husband and I have fallen in love with this happy, bright, personable, delightful couple. Though I have never been a person to discriminate, the knowledge Jen and Bill share about their condition has been most interesting ad informative on a learning basis. Their height has NOTHING to do with why we adore them, it is just that they send an overall wonderful message and set this GREAT example of normal family life: A family that has had issues, as all families do, of one kind or another, but it is the grace with which they live their lives and approach their marriage and parenthood that moves me so much. They are “taller” than most full sized adults are, in stature of heart and all that really matters. Thank you so much for setting an example of a really great American family. God Bless you both and your adorable children.

• As Jewel615 stated so eloquently Jen and Bill have been through so much in their lives and then chose to adopt when trying to become pregeant failed. They chose to adopt a child with a form of dwarfism like themselves, and know 1st hand what lies ahead for both Little Will, and soon Zoey too. Luckily they also will be financially able to give these children all they need both medically and all the love they need and deserve

17. Terry Goodrich

I have never written anything to any personalities, but I feel impelled to tell Jen and Bill that I don’t know any couple more deserving of children than you two. I watched the precious show last night of the meeting of you and your son and my heart was touched like never before. Will is adorable and I am anxious to see the show which will show your new little daughter. Jen you really touched me with your genuine and unselfish love for your son, and Bill you will be a great Dad!

18. Kevin

I watch the show every week and have tears of joy without fail. Two of the most wonderful people in the world. All the best in everything you choose to do. You both touch the hearts of so many people and may God bless you with all the children you ever want.

19. Maiasmom

As a grandparent of a special needs child I would like to thank you for sharing your life with us. For showing us that special needs children are just as perfect as any other child. And thank you to the women who gave up Will and Zoey so they could have a wonderful life with you. PS, Will has a smile that just fills up my heart with joy.

20. Connie White

This is GREAT TV. I am new in getting to know Jen and Bill. I have fallen in love with this show and their family. Keep up the great work! Congrats on adopting Will and Zoey. Can’t wait to see her.

21. Penny

I am so EXCITED for you Both Jen and BIll those kids are so LUCKY to have you both as Parents… I can’t wait to see Zoey with you both, and with WILL, I LOVE watching your show always look forward to it.. God BLess and take care..

22. C.McNeill

I love watching your show and I am proud of both of you for starting your family. I cried when I watched the show when you all picked up your son Will. I can not wait to see you all pick up your daughter Zoey. So hear up for episode 10.

To God be the glory for the great things he has done and going to do.

23. How wonderful! And raising your children together a very smart thing for all.Have a happy,healthy family and know you are in the ride of your lives much fun and a sprinkle of “wit;s end”. GOD bLESS ALL,,,,,

24. JOHN

Adopting home: We are registered and legitimate adoption agency. we spring up young babies for adoptions, we are online 24hrs all day or night to help single mothers and parent to adopt new babies, both white or African babies. this child adoption ranges from 1 month old babies to 8years. try our corporations today and you will have us as the best adoption agency world wide. adopt babies from us today and feel the goodness of having much more kids from us. Dr.john :email us for a baby adoption today:::ophanagehomebaby@yahoo.com.
    best regards.

25. Jeanne

William is adorable! Watching all of you together obviously there is a awesome connection. Easy to see how it’s so meant to be. Will ge fun to watch the four if you. Cannot imagine your not getting Zoey. She and William and bith of you are so blessed! Kudos to you all!!

26. I have enjoyed The Little Couple since day one. I absolutely love them both and their little son William. I have been anxiously awaiting their return to TLC and hav’nt been able to find when their show will start with the two kids. the last show I saw was when they were getting ready to leave china with William. Please if at all possible, could you let me know when their new show will be back on. I miss them terribly. I feel like part of my family is missing. I am 76 years old and I have recorded each episode. Please if at all possible, let me know so I can quit worrying about it. thank you.

27. virgie

THOSE TWO BABIES ARE SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE NEW PARENTS. I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE LITTLE ZOEY. WILL IS SO CUTE AND SEEMS SO HAPPY WITH HIS MOMMY AND DADDY(jen and bill). I LOVE THE LITTLE COUPLE SHOW AND HOPE THEY WILL CONTINUE THE SHOW FOR A LONG TIME.

28. Gramma Susie

Love, love, love this show. Love learning from Jen and Bill, Think William has the best smile ever, am eager to see Zoey and just wish that I could see this show on a regular basis. For some reason it comes and goes. Right now I am still waiting for the new family to return home…whats up with that? Surely they have landed by now!
    Please bring them to us on a regular basis, it’s just darn good television. Best of luck to you all Jen and Bill and thank you for the teaching and sharing, Love you all, Gramma Susie

29. Cheryl Christmas

Jen and Bill So happy that you have chosen to share your lives with us…watching your family grow and seeing how happy Will is ..so moved by your love for this special child
    ..God Bless you all

30. Kay Loucks

I am like some of the others who cannot find the Little Couple on TV. It seems they just come and go. I hunt every week hoping that I will be able to see their next show. Can you please tell me when they will appear on TV again????

31. Jean Love

My mother, 88 yrs. young and a retired RN, and I, a 61 yr.old retired cross country truck driver, are so ‘in love’ with your family, Dr. Jen, I hope you can feel all the appreciation and love from the many fans you have. Thank-you for sharing your lives with us. We are the richer for it, and we wait with great anticipation to meet little miss Zoey. We follow your episodes from network to network, and at present are watching much loved reruns on Discovery Fit and Health.. God Bless you, we love you and again Thank-You!

32. Cristina F.

I too am very happy for Jen & Bill! Their dreams of being parents have always been so obvious – and just a part of their strive to be part of this “average” world!
    I`m also going to be “that person” who comes out and says…while I`m just as thrilled and happy for the Kleins as everyone else…I also have concerns (after watching them during their first 2 episodes with Will) that they are capable of all that they have signed up for! It`s easy to see that they have had more experience in dealing with doggys than with children…this became apparent as they offered little Will a cookie with each request they had of him and as praise for absolutely everything. Jen is far too little to just pick Will up when he wonders away…so she `herds` him along….and maybe it was just the angle of the camera, but it sort of looked as though Will is nearly too big for even Bill to toss up onto his hip (as we parents do about a thousand times daily!)
    I watched Bill and Jen as they prepared during filming time…and can only IMAGINE all they did during non-filming times too – which is why ti was surprising to me that PARENTING CLASSES were not a part of this preparation… I also think that Jen & Bill may end up changing Will’s name to “Buddy” too….because Jen calls him THAT far more than she calls his given name! Granted…it IS very tough when one is under the magnifying glass of reality TV….I just see this cute little show…about a little couple and the challanges they face…and it’s such a great opportunity to show us “average” folks how, with some cool modifications, they can live life just as we do….but instead, it seems that Jen & Bill just kinda live as though they are average sized…and either they don’t let us (the audience) in on their little modifications to life, or they just wing it…I don’t know! I worry about Will and Jen back in Houston…with the 2 mean little ankle biter dogs and the 2 new toddlers….I see Jen trying to “herd” the children away from the dogs and Bill not knowing what the heck to do!! But I’m sure they’ll handle it perfectly!

33. sheila kraus

I LOVE this couple Bill and Jen!!!! I have never missed an episode ever. This is such a loving wonderful couple and I believe they have enriched TLC and those of us who watch and love them weekly. Now they have that sweet little WILL!!!! I can’t wait until we see more of him and the family antics with the grandparents and Rocky and Maggi as well ad the new wee gal ZOEY!! please let me know when we can see this show again. ?….this summer or fall airing in Canada….??? I CRAVE THIS SHOW TLC!!!!

34. JoAnn Schrader

I am so happy for Jen and Bill and their newly adopted children. They have waited a long time to be parents.

35. JoAnn Schrader

I am so happy for Bill and Jen.

36. libbykhalaf@facebook.com

I am so proud for y’all. I am praying that you will take them to a Bible Believing church and teach them of Jesus God’s only begotten son who died on the cross for all. We must repent and accept by faith this. Blessings !!! Please add some Christian things in your tv show. John 3:16 and Romans 10:9

37. heidi martinez

I love your show and just wanted to say congratulations wilhem is adoreable and learning alot. Cant wait to see the show this week coming up. Iwish you all the luck in the world in getting baby zoey . You snd yourhusband make great psrents. God bless you snd yout family.

38. dawn

Love the show. Bill and Jen are awesome and little Will is so cute and adorable. Cant wait to meet Zoey. Congratulations and God bless.

39. Robbie

Hi Jen and Bill,

You two are some kinda SPECIAL ! I wish all your viewers were as happy as you two. I have fallen in love with Will. He is so cute and is learning so quickly. I never miss your show. I can’t wait until you get Zoey. One day when they are older; they will realize how much love was given to them. I really like both of your parents and all your relatives . Do you know how refreshing your show is ? I am so sick of all this other garbage on TV. To be honest; I am very picking as to what I watch. I always tape your shows and a few others that are decent and when I need to; I just replay
    your shows.
    I sincerely hope both of you will overlook the comments of some dumb people who feel the need to make nasty comments. You two are doing it right and I only wish there were more people like you. May GOD continue to bless you and your children.
    Please give them a hug from me. I am disable and on oxygen 24/7 but you know I
    am as happy as I have ever been and feel so blessed. We are going to be Grandparents for the first time in March; and we are thrilled. Jen, tell your Mom I
    really liked how she handled everything with Will ! Keep those great shows coming !

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Robbie

40. Robbie

Hi Jen and Bill,

your shows.
    Please give them a hug from me. I am disable and on oxygen 24/7 but you know I

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Robbie

41. Anna

when will they get zoey?

42. Mary

I love your show Bill and Jen and will continue to watch. Congrats on your new family! Will is a doll and can’t wait to see Zoey! I have an adopted son also and he is the best thing that ever happened to me. God Bless.

43. sugarie

love jen and bill. have watched since the beginning and them adopting william was the best ever. can’t wait to see zoey join this wonderful clan. i’m sure with them for parents she will have just as much to offer. william is the cutest little tyke i have seen in ages. he is so bright and smart. he is learning everything so fast. i’m sure it helps having bill and jenn for parents. they are so great and just what will needed. it’s like they were made for each other and god or who ever made sure they found each other the thousands of miles. they are truely a wonderful and beautiful family who give so many of us joy every week.

44. LYN MARIE HOPE

my heart goes out to them i watch the show all the time, i can’t wait to see when they finally get to bring zoey home…

45. Milly Penny

LOVE THIS SHOW, Wil is the sweetest thing in the world, especially when he puts his hands together, just started watching this show and want to watch the reruns. Jen has so much patience and Bill is the greatest dad ever. I hope Zoey falls in love with them just as quick as Wil did. I love the pictures of their wedding, what a couple made for each other. TLC thank you for the great family and God bless to them…

46. Penny hill

Love this family..congrats to all…I would not miss an episode. I have an adopted child with special needs from Korea..can not wait to see zoey I’m sure will be a great big brother. My best to Jen will and little will and of course zoey

47. Michele

I love this show. That little boy is so blessed to have them for parents. but But bill needs to stop kissing the little boy so much. He always wants a kiss. Boys don’t need to be kissed in the mouth by their fathers. i don’t think Bill knows that.

48. Pauline

I absolutely love this show. I wish I knew them personally. It’s such a refreshing change to see a beautiful, kind, intelligent, loving couple with manners and a real sense of family. These days there is so much negativity. I’ll bet anything that these two children will have a great life and be very successful in the future. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to every week. God bless you.

49. I love love this show..it isn’t cancelled is it..?? anxious to see Zoey and I obsessed with Will, he always brings a smile thru the whole show..I’ll be upset if cancelled, theres so many ‘crappy ‘shows I’d hate to lose a wonderful family show, please don’t, its wonderful…please let us know when the next show is xo

50. Bonnie

First, I want to thank you both for sharing your amazing new family with all your viewer’s!! Will, who has stolen all of our hearts and can hardly wait to meet little Zoey ! I look forward to seeing you each week—I know you all need that family time when you go to get Zoey but the wait seems endless is there anyway you can let all of us that are on he edge of our seats a time when you will be back on –I feel like so many others would love to see all of you each week !! You are First Class in everyway. Please Come back Soon!!!! Blessings

51. Brenda D Olavarrieta

Jen and Bill: I just started watching the show a few months ago……. I tape your shows and watch them over and over again when I need to “feel the love”…..Will is absolutely adorable and I can’t wait to see Zoey……….Your home is both beautiful with the décor, but with the love as well…..Your smiles and love for each other is just so amazing to watch…..You both are so very blessed….Oh, by the way, your show is the ONLY reality show I watch……..

• cathy courtney

U.S adoptions are fraught with difficulties. I believe little people and those close to forty would find it impossible to adopt. Bill and Jen are amazing human beings who will make wonderful parents to their children who are often discarded in the countries in which they were born. I can’t believe the ignorance of the woman criticizing and judging them. Nothing but positive thoughts should be going out to them especially now after Jen’s cancer diagnosis. Hearing of her illness today struck me hard. I never have responded to “celebrity” news before but when I read that woman’s comment I just had to say something. We all could learn something about life by taking a page from their book. Bless them.

52. kim kennedy

Congrats to the 3 of you!!! I never miss your show and it is SO refreshing to see NORMAL people dealing with issues as opposed to so much garbage on reality televison….So anxious to see Zoey and and Will together!!! Watched a rerun of picking up Will in China and got choked up when I saw Jen’s eyes getting watery when she wasnt sure Will would love her…As if?? she and Bill will make incredible parents!!!

53. natalierbarrientos

A child is a.child is a child, it should not matter where you adopt them.

54. natalia

Hey rude people> Dont all us humans bleed red, pee yellow, poop brown and feel the same in the dark? Enough said, God speed to your sour souls.

55. natalia

Get Well Jen, our prayers aare with you and your family.

56. Janice Norman

They could have adopted one from the USA. They have opportunities that most people don’t have.

57. I love the little show, is an amazing show, I never miss it, watching jen and will with there adopted son is amazing they are such great parents. they are loving, warm, kind hearted people who wants to be parents and adopting unwanted children no matter if its from the usa or other countries I think is just great, them wanted to give these kids a mother and father who will love them and take care of them is great, good for you guys, I cant wait to watch your next episodes, god bless u all

58. ruthjones

prayer to you and bill

59. I enjoy The Little Couple show alot. Bill & Jen are a wonderful couple who show such unselfish love for each other and for their adopted children Will and Zoey. As an adopted person myself, I’m grateful to God that I was given a chance in life. We all have challenges in life and to me all parents who open their hearts to children who are not their own biologically are special people indeed, for they may not be a family by blood but are a family in their hearts! God bless them all! :)

60. glenda willis

People who have only ugly comments should get on their knees and thank God for the blessings they have. God works in mysterious ways!!!

61. jeannie

bill and jen I DONT Miss your show jen I to had cancer and every time I see you going t o the hospital I pray for you worked with little ones am in love with your little ones god will be at your side eash day Jeannie in san diego ca