Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Attend MET Gala

Met Gala 2013 Celebrity Arrivals

Back from their romantic getaway in Paris, parents-to-be Kim Kardashian and Kanye West rocked the Costume Institute Gala for the “Punk: Chaos to Couture” exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on Monday (May 6).

Showing off her pregnancy glow, Kim donned a full-length, floral-print gown with a leg-baring slip up the side by Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy. The rapper looked dapper, also in Givenchy.

“I love fashion and I really am excited to see everyone’s take on punk,” Kim told Vogue.com at the posh event. “I know it’s different for everybody…It will be really interesting for me to see what the designers and everyone else really feels about punk.”

Asked if she ever had a punk phase, the mom-to-be shared the truth.

“I really didn’t. That’s why I think Riccardo’s version of punk for me is not probably, you know, the mohawk, typical punk that you would normally envision,” she said. “A little bit more romantic punk.”

Filed under: Expecting,Kanye West,Kim Kardashian

Photo credit: AKM-GSI/FameFlynet

1. ChiTownEggHead82

Her take on punk looks an awful lot like my grandma’s old living room couch.

2. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

She’s got the worst wardrobe ever.

3. Bink

The gloves are the real mystery to me. I feel like I should play a game of “Find Kim’s hands”. Better than a tulle-covered mini dress…
    It is nice to see the couple together, though.

4. cb

omg, she should either fire her stylist or hire one !!!! this poor woman has got to have the worst taste in clothes i have ever seen. she is cute but since she got pregnant she dresses so horrible. i guess she has no mirrors at home !!!! if she would dress appropriately she would look so good. now she looks like a whale !

5. lulu

This is just all wrong, terrible fabric, terrible design and I will not even go to gloves part…what was she thinking???

6. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

Wow, you’re right – she looks handless LOL

7. D

Anna wintour has been laughing non stop since yesterday

8. denise

I would have went with a different dress. But they looked happy.So give her a pass.

9. anonymous

Florals are in big time. I guess some people don’t know that. The dress is gorgeous.

10. Porter

Is that a table cloth?!? no, its a curtain!

11. Heather

I think her face, hair and make up look beautiful! The gloves not so much. I feel like she would be so claustrophobic in all of that material. I agree that floral is in big time – but not really for this occasion. Flowers aren’t really punk….unless they are spiky or bleeding or something like that!

12. Really in the end you have to wonder if Anna Wintour is sitting there cringing, regretting her decision to invite our collective hero Kim Kardashian who of course managed to upshow everyone to delight, but then wasn’t that the plan….??

13. Doreen

You can think whatever you want but don’t be disrespectful! Would you change your style just because of the fact other people don’t like it?…