January Jones: My Son’s Father Is Not The Public’s Business

January Jones and Xander : Feeling Blue for Houston's

January Jones has been mum on the identity of her son’s father — and she intends to continue doing so.

“That’s my son’s business,” January told The New York Times of 1-year-old Xander‘s father. “It’s not the public’s business.”

And she says a Hollywood legend advised her to remain private.

“Jack Nicholson once told me: ‘You should never give your personal life away, otherwise people will pick you apart. They’ll never believe in your character,’ ” the Mad Men actress said.

“Women should have lots of secrets,” January added. “It’s our right to have secrets. Otherwise, what would we write in our memoirs?”

The blonde beauty went on to talk fashion. “Most of my choices are my ultramodern and very thought-out,” she said. But the red carpet, meanwhile, “I want to do things that are shocking,” she said.

In many respects she is still the small-town girl with Midwestern common sense.

“I wasn’t brought up with money,” she said. “I don’t think I’d spend more than $150 on a shirt.” She added: “I’m almost O.C.D.,” she said. “You will never find a piece of clothing on my floor. I can’t relax if I’m sitting in a mess.”

As for her sweet son, “His first word was ‘Mama,’ ” the proud mom said. “His second was ‘back,’ ‘cause I keeping saying, ‘Put it back.’ ”

In regards to consuming her placenta, she said, “It was like taking a vitamin blended into a smoothie. I’m a mammal. I nursed. I did all kinds of weird stuff.”

Filed under: Featured,January Jones

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. arabella

If you in the public eyes you can kiss your personal life goodbye. no matter if your an a-list or and d-listed celebrity.

Bull. She’s 100% right.

• Veronica

Except- she has the right to decide whether to publish or share details or some aspects of her personal life. It’s you who DON’T have the right, though. Same applies to the identity of her son’s father. It’s HER and HER SON’S business, not yours.

2. arabella

*you’re

3. A

It’s Eddie Muphy. Xander looks just like Eddie.

4. amy

Honestly – if she would stop talking about Xander’s father, eating her placenta, etc. people would probably let it go. It’s like she has nothing else to talk about to keep her relevant and keep her name in the news, so she keeps talking about things that happened over a year ago. It looks more suspicious to keep bringing it up than to just say “that’s private” and move on.

This site posts photos of her all the time. Never have they quoted her talking about her son’s father, yet in every single post, the speculation is rampant.

• AJ

You don’t actually think she just goes around saying out of nowhere that Xander’s father is no one’s business, do you? She was probably asked. And probably has been asked many, many times. She gave her answer and she’s totally right – it’s not our business.

• Amy

I don’t care if she was asked or offered up the information – she’s trying to stay relevant. Like someone else already mentioned – she’s not a huge part of Mad Men anymore. She needs to keep her name out there. If she really didn’t want any questions about her son’s father – there would be none. Celebrities are able to agree to interviews so long as they’re not asked about certain things. It’s done ALL of the time. She WANTS to keep this secret going and make it very well known that it is a secret because then people are talking about her. She plays it off as if she is protecting her sons privacy when in reality she is using him to keep her in the spotlight as much as she can.

5. anonymous

I know there’s a lot of children out there growing up fatherless, but it still seems kind of sad. Hopefully, this little guy has some uncles or family friends who will spend time with him.

6. Anon

Exactly! Acting is her job, just like some people are teachers, politicians, sales associates at Macys etc.. Her work is public, there is absolutely no reason why her life should be.

And btw, both my mother and father grew up without there fathers’ around. My father didn’t have ANY male figures around either (his relatives are mostly woman, he has 3 sisters and a younger brother) my mother did, regardless they both turned out perfectly fine, they are amazing parents.

Also, why do any of you care? You don’t pay her bills, you aren’t part of her life in the both the bad and good times.

7. just sayin'

Why the secrecy I wonder? The identity of someone’s parents is basic information – not a state secret – and I have to say, it probably encourages speculation and gossip by being so mysterious.

8. Ellen

Amen

9. Pippa

I wonder if she is pissed that she has been in approximatley two episodes of Mad Men thus far. I don’t consider her a main character anymore. In last nights episode, she was literally on camera for 5 seconds. She had one line. I’d be a little bummed if I had to be available to film for 4-6 months for a roll I rarely got to play. Unless she requested this. But I kinda doubt it.

10. zar55

she probably doesn’t know who the father is. She is a grown woman with the kid and she makes out with 20 something year old, i don’t have single respect for her

11. Jenny Kay

The father is David Schimmer. Looks just like him!