Travis Barker & Kids: ‘American Idol’ Fans

Stars attend The American Idol 2013 Finale **USA, Australia, New Zealand ONLY**

Travis Barker attended the American Idol 2013 finale last Thursday (May 16) with his children Landon, 9, and Alabama, 7. Atiana Cecilia de la Hoya, 14, also went with them.

Atiana is the daughter of Shanna Moakler and Oscar de la Hoya.

The drummer cancelled touring with Blink 182 in Australia because he is still afraid to fly. In 2008 he survived the plane crash that claimed the lives of four passengers, including his friend and assistant Chris Baker and security guard Che Still.

He wrote on his Facebook page: “I’m sorry to announce i won’t be joining Blink-182 on this Australian tour. I still haven’t gotten over the horrific events that took place the last time i flew when my plane crashed and 4 people were killed, two being my best friends. I gave the band my blessing to take another drummer if they still wanted to do the tour without me. I hope to come to Australia again some day perhaps by ship if need be. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a boat that worked with the schedule this time around. Once again I’m sorry to all the fans.”

Filed under: Alabama Barker,Landon Barker,Travis Barker

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. amanda

That just really touches my heart that after all the years that him and Shanna have been divorced, he still includes Atiana.There are just so many people who wouldn’t continue on in a relationship with the ex stepchild. I commend him for the Man that he is. I wonder if Oscar has a relationship with her?

2. Kota

I’m pretty sure Travis adopted Atiana. He considers her his daughter and he considers him her dad. I used to watch Meet the Barkers.

3. Kota Girl

I’m pretty sure Travis adopted Atiana. I used to watch Meet the Barkers on MTV and that sounds familiar to me. I think they were very clear that he considered her is daughter and she considered him her dad because she didn’t have a relationship with her bio father.

• An33

If he had indeed adopted her, why would she still be carrying De la Hoya’s last name?

• Lauren

Just because a child is adopted, that does not mean they are required to take the name of the adopted parent. My cousins husband just adopted her son, but he kept his last name, which is her maiden name. He wanted to keep it and they allowed him to.

4. TiffanyMW

It’s a shame that he’s still afraid of flying after that catastrophic event.

On another note, i’ve always thought that Travis seems like such a good father to his kids.

5. TT

Travis posts photos on twitter, instagram, etc that include Atiana all the time and refers to her as his daughter so i think he has custody of her when he has the other two. And at the Grammy’s, Atiana referred to Travis as her dad.

6. ANON

Beautiful children and a pretty beautiful, stand-up guy.