January Jones: I Don’t Want My Son To Google It

January Jones And Her Son Out And About

Mad Men star January Jones, 35, has been talking about the identity of her son’s father. In a new interview with Net-a-Porter’s The Edit, the actress says she has no regrets about raising her son Xander, 20 months, in a single-parent household.

“I don’t have room for anything else, so I don’t know how I would have done it with a partner. I knew I would be raising my son alone,” says Jones. “It was something I went in to knowingly, I was prepared mentally — and I was excited about it.”

Jones adds that pregnancy was the “most healthy and peaceful I’ve ever felt.”

The actress – who has dated Jason Sudeikis, Ashton Kutcher and Josh Groban - is remaining mum on the identity of her son’s father.

“It’s just not something the public needs to know,” she shares. “I don’t divulge my sexual preferences. There are parts of your life — no matter what your job — that should remain private.”

She added: “When I was starting out, other actors advised me to keep certain things close to the vest. When you become a public figure people want to know everything about you, and then [they] pick it apart — it becomes negative. When my son asks those questions, I want him to [hear it from me]. I don’t want him to be able to Google it.”

“As an actor, if people know too many things about you they won’t believe you in a certain character,” Jones continued. “You don’t want people to have a preconceived notion of who you are.”

Filed under: January Jones

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. L

I’m pretty sure he’s going to start asking who is daddy is before he has the ability to google things, but sure.

Unfortunately nowadays you never know. A bill is trying to be written in my area so that all KINDERGARTENERS get their own Ipads to take home with them. I find that so sad.

My 12 year old doesn’t even have access to my ipad unless I’m right there with him. I’m holding off on unmonitored internet access for as long as I possibly can.

• Lauren

So, he never has access to a computer without you by his side? At 12 years old, I would think he goes to friends houses where they have computers. Not all parents watch over their children. Also, if they XBOX Live, IPOD’s, etc watch out!

2. Em

Private my behind. I’m willing to bet her baby’s father is married.

• ag

All the more reason to believe that the father is Matthew Vaughn. Married man, her director arond the same time as all these other relationships, but none of the other guys had anything to hide if it were them. Google the story of his prompt decision to miss the X-men premier, at which Jones publicly announced her pregnancy. She doesn’t want her son to Google it, but all the evidence is in the headlines surrounding that time, in their behaviors.
      Besides, Xander looks just like him, he’s got Jones’ hair but Vaughn’s eveything else – ears, hairline, eye shape, nose. Cute baby. She doesn’t have to reveal anything to anyone, it’s her own business. But come on, it’s really not that hard to miss either. Oh well.

Why on earth would you put SO MUCH THOUGHT into the paternity of a child you don’t know and will never even lay eyes on?

She’s right: it’s none of yours, or anyone else’s, business.

3. lauren

Like someone else said about the last post about January… she has nothing else to talk about! She claims she wants privacy when all she wants is attention! Maybe if she wasn’t so absolutely horrible to work with, she’d have some new projects to talk about!

• guest

She talked about plenty of other things in the interview. The media are the ones who jump on the section where she mentions her son.

And how would you know she’s horrible to work with? You don’t work with her.

4. Me

Xander doesn’t really look like her, so I’m assuming he looks like his dad. Soon enough everybody will figure it out. She should just be honest about it. She makes it worst by keeping it a secret. But like Em said, he is probably married.

5. Lola

I realize they were together a long time ago but has anyone thought of JOSH GROBAN?!?! Compare his and Xander’s pictures, they look alike!!! Its all in the eye shape!!

6. Jen

He looks just like Jason Sudekis, I don’t see any resemblance to anyone else. But I bet he’ll find out somehow before she gets the chance to tell him.