Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan-Tatum Welcome First Child: Everly

The 85th Annual Academy Awards in Hollywood

UPDATE: Star couple Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum announced the birth of their daughter on their respective websites. Both parents posted “Welcome to the World!” with the message: “Jenna Dewan-Tatum and Channing Tatum are thrilled to announce the birth of their daughter, Everly Tatum, who was born on May 31st in London. Sending love and light to Chan, Jenna, and Ms. Everly!”

Continue reading original post below…

Congratulations are in order for Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum.

The Magic Mike star, 33, and the Step Up actress, 32, welcomed their first child in London, England on Thursday (May 30), Us Weekly reports. No further information has been announced at this time.

Just hours before welcoming their baby, we saw the handsome couple walking their dogs in their London neighborhood. Perhaps they were walking through the early contractions?

The star couple – who met on the set of Step Up in 2006 and tied the knot in July 2009 - announced their pregnancy news in December.

The pair, who make their home in California, welcomed their first child overseas.

“We’re going to actually have the baby in London while I’m shooting, and then there will be no downtime whatsoever after that,” Channing said about filming Jupiter Ascending in the UK.

Channing’s new sci-fi flick is set to move to Chicago in July, and Jenna will begin work on her fall Lifetime series, Witches of East End, in Vancouver around the same time.

“By the end, you’re ready to have this baby,” Jenna recently said of her pregnancy. “Channing has been great. He takes the route of no confrontation, just support, saying things like, ‘Do whatever you want! What do you want to eat? I’m going to leave it up to you.’”

Filed under: Births,Channing Tatum,Featured,Jenna Dewan-Tatum

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Dee

Wonder why they had their kid in London, they’re both American.

• Veronica

Channing has been filming a movie (like the article says) in London for two or three months now, so that’s why they are there. And since he was filming and she was 8+ months pregnant… why not?

“We’re going to actually have the baby in London while I’m shooting”

Reading is fundamental.

2. Congratulations to Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan. Can’t wait to hear his/ her name :)

3. Veronica

Congrats to them! They’re such a cute couple. Can’t wait to know the baby’s gender, though. I suck at this lol.

My bet was they were going to have a boy.

4. Annabella

Humor has it the baby is a girl.

Girl or boy, this kid has to be cute lol.

6. klutzy_girl

Congratulations to them!

Finally watched Magic Mike on Friday and while it wasn’t the greatest, I appreciated all the half-naked guys.

7. Courtney

congrats to them and they’re far from the first American stars to have at least one of their kids in London Elizabeth Taylor had two of her biological kids in London

8. cassie

I’m so excited for both of them congregate changing Tatum is going to be a great dad

9. Bev

Why is it even important that the baby was not born in America? I imagine it will still be American (and even if not, so what?) ;-)

Anyway, congratulations on their bundle of joy!

10. Someone

I just don’t get the hype about this guy…nice bod but that’s about it

• Alex.

I don’t think he’s very attractive, but from what I’ve seen in his interviews and what his co-stars have said about him, he’s supposed to be a really great guy. Which is why I personally like him. A bunch of his co-stars have gushed about how sweet he is and how much he loves his wife. I think that’s endearing because the media rarely looks past the physical aspects of celebrities to focus on the things that actually matter.

11. Emily

Congratulations!! Wow, can’t wait to hear more information about this lil’ one. I love both Channing and Jenna and they’ll make amazing parents! Pure cuteness! xo

12. SMH

I agree just like robert pattinson l dont find channing too be that attractive…at least to me.
    I think dual citizenship is awesome. Angelina had her babies out of the country too!

Us is now reporting its a baby girl! Congrats to.

13. Emily

Heard it was a girl…bet she is a beauty! I thought Jennas’ bump looked girlish before so I kinda was expecting a pink bundle. Can’t wait to get a glimpse of her…congrats to them.

Her bump looked girlish????

• Emily

Hey, it’s you again. I’ve been waiting for your smart comments Anon. They always brighten my day up. Anywho

I posted a long time ago on a CBS Jenna article, that if old wives tales were true, (which they aren’t) but for fun I thought she looked like she was carrying a girl. Guess what I happened to be right (I had a 50/50 shot). So what are you going to do about it. Sue me.

14. Shirelle

Congrats Channing Tatum= Definition DILF

15. Berts

The laws changed in the UK in 1983. Their baby is American and does not have dual citizenship.

16. Tiffany

Read on daily mail that they had a girl.

17. Sarah

I just saw on instagram that they indeed had a little girl, Everly Tatum!

Congratulations. What a lovely name!

19. Chloé

Really cute name !

20. Sophia

Congratulations to Channing and Jenna, and welcome sweet Everly. LOVE the name :) No doubt she’s a pretty little thing, with genes like that! x

That’s the name of Anthony Kiedis’s son – I guess it’s unisex. Cute.

22. Estella

GORGEOUS NAME !!! I love it
    it’s like everleigh gigandet but writed differently

23. Bonnie

I love the name! But then again my baby girl is Everleigh so I might be a little biased. ;)

24. sierra