Richie Sambora: Everyday I Spend With Ava Is Father’s Day

Justin Bieber at The Variety's 4th Annual Power Of Youth Event in Hollywood

Richie Sambora has been in the headlines lately regarding his feud with Jon Bon Jovi. However it was all positive talk when it came to Ava – his 15-year-old daughter with ex-wife Heather Locklear. Celebrity Baby Scoop exclusively asked the 53-year-old rocker the following Father’s Day questions.

CBS: What does Father’s Day mean to you?

RS: “I’m very lucky because to me, every day that I spend with my daughter is Father’s Day. She is my diamond. No matter what happens there is a joyful energy around us. My favorite thing in the world is her.”

CBS: How do you like to celebrate?

RS: “I celebrate by thinking about my dad and all the gifts he’s given to me. He was non-judgmental, good natured and had good humor and morality. I also celebrate by going out on a Daddy/daughter date.”

CBS: What has fatherhood taught you?

RS: “A lot of things to mention here but, I guess truly, how to love unconditionally. I’ve learned to take responsibility, be flexible, and have respect for my parents for what they’ve given me.”

Filed under: Exclusives,Featured,Richie Sambora

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Amanda

WOW! She’s beautiful!

2. Jennifer

She’s beautiful but I don’t like the belly shirt.

I don’t like the belly shirt either.

4. Marie

There’s no way my parents would let me out of the house like that at 15. I’m not a fan of the belly shirt.

5. Jane

That picture is actually a few years old. Here is a more recent one: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/Richie+Sambora+Ava+Sambora+Celebs+Lakers+Game+3IR2nri4-Nvx.jpg

6. pop-pop

she is no baby…….this should be on the teen page….i ain’t interested in ava at all :P

7. Erin

And sadly, this is one of the most modest outfits I’ve seen Ava in. Richie, make your kid put some clothes on. Teach her to respect herself. Really.

8. Doreen

Jealous cause you can’t wear it?! It is not that big of a deal!

• Jennifer

As a Mother, I would never let my daughter out of the house looking like that. And for you to say we are ‘jealous’ of that? I doubt you are the parent of a daughter, because a good one…a protective one…would not allow their child (teenager.) to dress this way. Grow up.

9. cb

i agree with most of the post. she doesnt look good in that shirt. it makes her look trashy. she is a teenager, yes, but cover it up, look like a classy girl, not a hoe.

10. Robin

OMG!!!! Are you kidding me with these comments about the belly shirt!! Ava is very beautiful young LADY!!! that is how Richie and Heather are raising her to be.. At Least Richie is spending his down time from Bon Jovi with his daughter instead of some California bimbo he has been used and abused enough them…

11. Jennifer

It’s great they are spending time together and she’s a beautiful girl but the see through shirt and her belly showing looks trashy. He shouldn’t allow her to be out dressing this way.

12. Lioness

Wooooo, her parents are in trooouuuuuuble, lol!! That girl is something serious… just gorgeous!!