Neil Patrick Harris Tweets The Twins

BM0xdR8CEAIEsNh

Double the cuteness!

How I Met Your Mother star Neil Patrick Harris celebrates his 40th birthday and Father’s Day with his adorable 2-year-old twins Harper and Gideon.

The actor jokingly tweeted, “For my birthday, I only want one thing for the world: lots of presents for me. And good ones. Well thought out gifts. So… tick tock.”

NPH later captioned the above photo, “Never mind. I’ve got the two best gifts in the world sitting right in front of me.”

The Doogie Howser alum went on to poke fun at turning the big 4-0.

“So weird. I woke up this morning with infinite wisdom. Not sure why…”, he wrote. Adding, “Oh, wait. Scratch that last tweet. I thought turning 40 would bring enlightenment. It doesn’t. I’m still pretty dim.”

NPH and partner David Burtka are dads to Harper and Gideon.

Filed under: Gideon Harris,Harper Harris,Neil Patrick Harris

Photo credit: Twitter

1. arabella

adorable babies

2. Missy

Those babies are gorgeous. Really beautiful children!

3. Anon

They are the cutest. Am I imagining or does the girl look like David Burka and the boy like Neil?

4. Gretchen

They have always looked so similar to me, (obviously because they are siblings!), but now with them both being blond, WOW! They are as identical as boy/girl siblings can get! What a bunch of cutie pies!

• lalavasquez

Wait, aren’t they twins, and not just siblings? Did they have one with Neil’s sperm and the other with David’s? Just curious.. :)

• Missy

They said in a interview that they used two embryos, one with Neil’s sperm and one with David’s, and hoped at least one would work. Then both worked and each twin has a different bio father, but I believe, the same bio mother.

Harper does look at lot like David and Gideon like Neil.

Fraternal wins are just siblings that gestated together. They have no more chance of looking alike than any other born-at-different-times siblings.

5. Anna

Gideon is a mini Neil! So cute!

6. Anne

Adorable children! A wonderful family!!

7. tee

Do people read these articles before posting comments? They are twins, fraternal twins, and not “siblings.” Except a miracle happened, they are born to one dad.

8. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

They look as identical as you can without obviously being identical twins. So whoever you think Gideon looks like than Harper does too.

9. xyz

BOTH KIDS LOOK LIKE DAVID BURKA….

10. Paula

They are so chubby and adorable… just wanna eat them up! Neil is right, kids are the greatest gift! Happy Birthday Barney!!!