Kim Kardashian Names Baby Daughter North West

Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner grab a bite at Stanley's - Part 2

The name of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s baby girl has been revealed. It’s North West!

People confirms the news – soon after TMZ reported that the name is on the birth certificate at Cedars-Sinai hospital. According to US Weekly – a source says,”They will call her Nori for short.”

Back in March – Kim had denied rumors that her and Kanye wanted that name for their baby.

“I do like Easton, Easton West,” she said on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Kim gave birth last Saturday, June 15. Her due date was July 12.

An insider told US,  “Everybody is doing great. The baby is so sweet. Kanye is in love. Kim’s real due date was July 12 — Kanye’s mom’s birthday. That warmed his heart.”

Filed under: Featured,Kanye West,Kim Kardashian

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. Wendy

This has to be a joke.

• AvaElizabeth

hoped sooo much for kaidence instead of north.

north west. that’s so awkward.
      Poor little girl if that story is really true.
      Still hoping, the birth certificate is false. hope so. omg.

But if north is true we already know the names of the next kids:
      east, south and west west…

2. Emma

Stupid and ridiculous, just like her. Poor baby girl.

3. Someone

Horrid. At least her nickname is cute.

4. anonymous

nonono nonono nononononononononono
    nononono nonono nononononononononono
    nonononono nonono nonono nonono
    nonono nonono nonono nonono nonono
    nonono nononononono nonono nonono
    nonono nonononono nononononononononono
    nonono nononono nononononononononono

5. klutzy_girl

Easton, the name Kim liked, would have been better and really pretty! This poor little girl.

Wonder what her middle name is.

6. Sonia

Definitely this woman has a problem.

7. Kristine

What a bunch of fools. She should have böught a puppy instead.

Because she needed another reason for people to poke jokes at her?

9. Anon

What morons. As if the child isn’t going to be picked on enough for being a Kardashian and Kayne West’s kid.

10. Adele

Idiots. It should have been Knorth. @@

I would’ve thought that even the two of them had better taste than this.

12. Jessica

I actually think North would be an okay name (weird and odd but better than some outrageous names) but not with the last name West. That just sounds silly and stupid.

13. Hopper

It’s cute . They travel alot so it is fitting and Nori is pretty. People in Seattle will love her !

14. denise

All of America is laughing at them right now. $10 Baby book of names and this is what they come up with. Shame on them

15. Marilyn

Nori is ok but North is horrible. What a couple of idiots these two are.

Anustart has a nice ring to it. Morons.

17. Alex.

The last shred I had of hope I had for this poor child is gone.

18. v-girl

South West would have gotten them free airfare. Dummies missed a great opportunity but what do you expect from morons.

19. Elizabeth

Wow, really dumb!

20. louise

She will regret this when they divorce…

21. Lizzie

I definitely thought, from all of the reports I read, that it was Kaidence. North is neat but North West is so dumb, like come on.

• Lizzie

There are a lot of comments all over the place saying it is probably fake and they may have leaked a fake birth certificate which I think that sounds exactly like something Kanye would do. And there were reports months and months ago about her being named North and I don’t see how anyone or the media could learn the name months before she was born. So I think since it was already out there months ago, they are telling everyone that that is her name to throw people off.

• KitKat

I really hope this is true…otherwise, poor baby!!

It was ‘out there’ months and months ago because people thought it would be outlandish to name a kid that and said so in a joking manner. Honestly, with two parents that have larger than life personalities, what other name would do? The relationship I think will be the most interesting to watch will be the one between Kanye and Kris Jenner.

22. Sophia

So she gets to chose between being referred to as a direction or a sheet of dried seaweed? Poor kid.

23. Meliss

Little North was born to parents with loads of cash. When you have enough money to not have to care what people think, you get to name your kids wacky stuff (Apple, Pilot Inspektor, Moxie Crimefighter, etc). That’s why I named my kid Vivienne Noelle. She’ll need to get a job one day.

I think North sounds pretty and I’m sure there will be plenty of other things she’ll get picked on for besides her name. It’s gotta be tough having famous parents.

24. Laughing

LMAO. That is all.

25. A

If they already decided on Nori as a nickname, why not just save this poor child and name her that?! North West is absolutely horrible. I always think about these children in grade school during roll call…North West? Here. ughhhhhhhhh.

26. Tracy

Oh no, they did not!

27. Jj

Idiots. I hope this is a joke. Then again, I thought Apple was too.

28. Ali_spain

I don’t get why choose a name, and then say but we will call her “whatever”, choose another one you like already!
    By the way, the name is a joke!

29. Tiffany

SMH….Apple, Blue and North should really hang out and plan ways to get back at their parents. Common sense ain’t common!!!

30. Sphinx

Welcome North…Apple, Buddy Bear, Bear Blue, Pilot Inspektor etc extend the warm welcome to their club. ;)

31. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

There isn’t a brain cell between these 2 idiots.

32. Anabelle

North is a cool name, but mixed with the last name they’ve just turned the poor girl into a walking joke. I really hope that this is just a rumor and the little girl has a different name.

33. Carol

Better then Rainbow.

34. Sandra

OMG! How ridiculous! That poor child is going to be ridiculed forever! What a bunch of damn morons to name this child that name! Stupid people! To name a child just so it goes with the last name is dumb. “North” isn’t even a name that goes with a male or a female! I feel sorry for the poor child!

35. Doreen

I really think it’s not true…

36. Dani

1st thought:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You’ve got to be kidding! Please let this be a fake!!!!
    2nd thought:
    Why not “Knorth”? That would have been much more authentic for them…

But seriously, if this is not a joke, I’m going to push CPS taking the kid away right now!!!!

;o)

37. Anne

In France it would have been impossible for them to name their kid North given the last name is West. There is a law to prevent akward/ridiculous names. You don’t have that in the US? Several countries in Europe have laws of that kind.

While Apple, Moses, Blue, etc are all awful names as well I just cannot clump North in with them. North may be as bad when it stands alone but when you say it along with the last name it is sooo much worse. If I had a choice between being names Apple Martin or North West? Apple Martin hands down.

39. coco

Oh no, they didn’t!

40. Seriously

I know Kim is a complete idiot but I thought she would at least pick out a nice and proper girl name…This has Kanye written all over it.

41. Bink

Nora could work…and when she’s a teenager, she can change her name to Wild.

42. Jas

The Baby Name Is Kaidence Donda West . Middle Name After Kanye’s Late Mother . MTO And Kris Jenner Confirmed It Two Days After Her Birth . Idk Wtf BabyScoop Talking About !!!’n

43. Faith

until Kimye confirm it then I will believe it, I don’t think that this is the name they pick for their child. (I hope not anyway) I think that Kaidence Donda West is so much better than North West. I think is about 3 week or a month that will have an official birth announcement with a picture a the 3 of them and the baby’s real name.

44. Alyssa

If the baby’s name turns out to be North then I firmly believe that my suspicions of this being a total publicity stunt are true…

1. I was shocked to hear that they were even dating. Kim is beautiful albeit dumb and probably could’ve had her pick of extremely attractive men so I couldn’t believe she chose the egotistical fame whore Kanye. That was my first clue.
    2. A baby? Nothing brings celebrities more attention than a baby, unless of course…
    3. You give the baby a ridiculous name.
    4. Next up: they will sell the picture w/name announcement for millions of dollars, but instead of donating the money to charity they will keep it all for themselves.

This poor child. I sure hope she wasn’t created in an effort to increase their fame or bank accounts.

45. Marie

By picking this name just shows how immature and what fools they are, they are using their newborn daughter as a joke. Although giving her a name of directions can point her in a way far far away from her parents and familyt! Run North, I mean West.

46. DanSy

I don’t think that’s gonna be her real name, prob the Kardashians are lying to throw the media off. I mean come on! North West?!?!?!?!

47. kamila

I thought Press was the worst baby name ever. But now, it’s North West. That’s appalling. North would be cool by itself but as others have said, with WEST? These two have set their daughter up for a lifetime of name mockery.

48. Kristine

Kris humphries is laughing his behind off…

49. Emma

North is shorter than Nori. More syllables in Nori so it’s not really for short. It’s for long!

50. Jen

Kinda reminds me of that drug commercial, “this is your brain on drugs”.. just change it to “this is your baby on Kim and Kanye”…the two dumbest people on earth responsible for a human being and they can’t even name her right…makes me want to barf!

51. Micaela

Interesting…

52. daisy

They are both morons to saddle their daughter with this crappy name.

53. arabella

Its not a joke North is her given name.Other website shows her birth certificate.North is a stupid name .make Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa seems like a normal everyday name.

54. anonymous

The child’s name will be the least of her problems in life. Her birth is a very sad thing. She barely has a chance with those two for parents.

55. Lioness

69 comments (and counting)… impressive. That said, I’m usually a fan of unusual names- I actually like Apple and Bronx- but everyone has to draw a line somewhere. North West? No, sorry. North is a cool name, but I like it better for a boy, and I absolutely hate it paired with West for any gender. I actually love Nori (yes, I know it’s the Japanese name for a type of algae), and I’m wondering why they didn’t just go with that?? Nori West sounds infinitely better. Or if they were hell-bent on naming her North, why didn’t they do it in another language, so that at LEAST she wouldn’t be named “North West” (i.e. North in Japanese is “Kita”… Kita West sounds so much better to me than North West, blecch). Just… not a fan. I’ll call her Nori, too.

56. coco

Am I the only one who lives in a country where you can’t make up names for your children?
    Sometimes I’d like to tell all these celebrities: you know, normal names are pretty too! And “normal” doesn’t have to mean a very usual name that tons of people have. You can find unusual and particular names but still keeping yourself within existent words and out of animals, things, geographical indications, fruits…

• LaKesha

Am I the only one who lives in a country where the patents alone make the decision on what to name their child? Who cares what the public thinks. If they like “North West,” more power to them!

• coco

What do you want lakesha, this is a gossip website, it’s done on purpose to let the people comment whatever they wants about celebrities, so, please, disappear!

• LaKesha

A gossip website, that seems to be what it has become. I thought it was a website for celebrity children, meant for others to simply say, ” oh, look at my favorite celeb’s child.” I didn’t think it was meant to tear celebs and their children apart.

• a.

Me too coco! Where I live, the “government” (or I don’t know who exactly) has to approve the name, if it something special.
      To me this is funny because I translate these names to my language. So these names are really nothing more than fruits, birds, etc…. because I don’t use them everyday, I just translate them like any other word.

57. Poppy

North is a great name for a guy. A strong and edgy one.

North West is ridiculous in any gender.

But what would you expect from a girl raised in the family unaware of spelling rules? Besides, I’m sure she wouldn’t name the girl North West if she weren’t sure it would bring tons of comments and media attention.

58. Since North is the name of their first child, the second and third child’s names would be South and East.