Britney Spears: My Sons Are Embarrassed To Kiss Me In Public

Britney Spears is a Sporty Mom

Britney Spears‘ boys are growing up! After debuting her new song Ooh La La on Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS-FM, the mom-of-two opened up about her sons Sean Preston and Jayden James.

“My sons are 6 and 7, so they’re just now getting to the stage of where you can’t kiss mommy in front of your friends and all that kind of stuff,” the popstar, 31, revealed. “They’re getting what’s cool and what’s not.”

Britney recorded Ooh La La for the Smurfs 2 soundtrack, and included her boys in the music video.

“The main reason why I did it was because my boys. They’re obsessed with The Smurfs,” Britney said. “We’ve seen The Smurfs movie a million, trillion times and they were told they could be in the video.”

The singer said her boys were “really, really good” during the music video shoot. “My oldest son, Preston, was right on cue every time they would tell him to do something,” the proud mom gushed.

“They play themselves,” she added. “But when we did the actual shoot of the video, I didn’t see them. I was in hair and makeup, so later on I got to see what they actually did on camera — and it was adorable!”

In terms of her follow-up album to 2011′s Femme Fatale, Britney said she’s taking her time.

“It’s definitely at the beginning stages right now,” she said of her eighth studio album. “But I want to definitely take this album and have a new approach with it and make it a little different than anything I’ve ever done.”

In addition to teaming up with will.i.am, Britney is working with one music’s top producers.

“William Orbit is coming in to town next week for me to work with,” she said of the hit maker, who has collaborated with Madonna. “I’ve never worked with him before so I’m really, really excited [and I hope to release new music] by the end of the year.”

Filed under: Britney Spears

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. Barbara

I would like to see her hold Sean like that someday. I too went through the don’t kiss me around my friends from my sons too…lol

2. Sue

I agree with you Barbara. Britney is seldom seen giving Sean the loving attention she gives Jayden. It’s weird and sad.

3. Sue

IMO.

4. Jenn

I thought I was the only one that noticed that about her holding Jayden more, lol

5. Brittany

Sean is older than Jayden right? Maybe that’s what she is talking about, Maybe he don’t like the attention in front of people and the cameras I’m sure she loves Sean the way she loves Jayden but Sean might also not be as dependent on Brit as Jayden might be! We just don’t know lol

I love seeing Brit like this though Out there and not caring about the paps just being herself and at peace! Not to mention her boys are cuties! haha x

6. Amy

To the commenters talking about Britney loving on Jayden more – I agree that there seems to be more pictures of her hugging/kissing on Jayden lately, but like someone else said – Sean is a little older and might not like that kind of attention while in public. I think everyone knows that Britney clearly loves BOTH of her children equally.

Also – I hate to point this out because it really does seem like she’s doing well lately, but the woman had a very public breakdown during the first year – two years of Jayden’s life. I had to wiki the dates, but when Jayden was only 5 months old, she checked herself into rehab for one day and then the next day was shaving all of her hair off and attacking people’s car with an umbrella. She clearly was not in her right mind and very likely feels like she missed out on a huge part of his “baby time”. So maybe she makes up for it now with some extra cuddles, etc. I personally don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s understandable in her situation. Since when is it a BAD thing to love on your children? Usually I see comments about how celebrities are always brushing their children off on their nannies, etc. Now it’s complaints about the opposite. They really can never do anything right in the court of public opinion :(