Madonna: It’s Kind Of “Uncomfortable” To See Lourdes Growing Up

2013 Billboard Music Awards - Part 2 **USA, Australia, New Zealand ONLY**

Madonna appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America on Friday to promote her EPIX concert documentary Madonna: The MDNA Tour when she shared how Lourdes, 16, and Rocco, 12, are growing up.

She said, “Ever since my daughter [Lourdes Leon] got an iPhone, she stopped talking to me. Seeing my daughter at 16 — it’s kind of uncomfortable. She’s still my little girl and she’s also a woman.”

As for her Rocco – he’s now “a foot taller” than her and has facial hair.

Shaking her head she added, he’s “looking at girl’s butts. Terrible.”

Last week she talked to Access Hollywood on the children traveling with her on her world tour.

“[It was] great and amazing to work with both of them,” she told Access Hollywood earlier this week.

She explained, “[They got to] travel the world and had to deal with all the ups and downs of doing shows outdoors. Rain, extreme heat, torrential downpours, hail, freezing cold. So pushing through any kind of limitations and having the attitude of the show must go one, no matter what [was] good training.”

As for junk food? The fit 54-year-old admitted to indulging.

“I’m guilty of eating Magnum bars before I go to sleep at night. French fries? Yes! I’ve had French fries for the last three nights!”

Filed under: Featured,Madonna

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. Isabella

Especially when you are in competition with her. Grow up Madonna!

2. A

I think it’s even worse to see your mother being half naked in public.

• laura

..at almost 55… I mean, I do find it ugly in any case, but I’d be willing to condone the bad taste to Rihanna, who’s in her 20es and at least looks young and good, whilst Madonna could potentially be twice Riri’s mum, and she’s just pathetic.

Bad taste is bad taste, it doesn’t have an age limit.

I’ll never understand why it’s okay to be half naked if your body is “perfect”, but the second you gain 5 pounds or hit a certain age, people get nasty. It’s ridiculous.

• laura

No, it’s a matter of bad or good taste. I personally don’t like people with cellulite wearing short shorts, I think it doesn’t do them justice and isn’t nice to see for other people either. But if you’re young and have nice toned legs, and you’re in the right context, shorts look good on you.

• laura

And anyway it’s not 5 pounds that make the difference and it’s not a couple of years. She’s 55!
          55!

3. dub

She is probably so embarrassed to have you as a mother.

4. choop

Why she isn’t speaking about her other children?

5. Anie

Yeah Madonna, specially when you still behave like a teenager yourself.

6. Jenny

This is getting ridiculous! Cover up Granny!

7. anonymous

Madonna doesn’t care what you think. There’s nothing wrong with her comments but jealous people will find something. She’s extremely successful with sold out concerts wherever she goes because she is timeless. She isn’t speaking about her other children because they’re not teenagers; they’re not in the show; they’re not turning into adults yet; grow a brain and then use it to think with for a change.

• laura

Jealous of a woman who’s my father age and ridiculizes herself constantly?

Why is she ridiculous? Because she’s a little outrageous and doesn’t dress like you think an ‘old’ person should? Leave her alone and worry about your own self.

• meghan

Are you dumb? Only a person with the complete inability to think critically assumes that “dislike” automatically equals “Jealous”.

• laura

Oh, finally someone says it! I really can’t stand people who automatically, as soon as you criticize a person, say you’re jealous… I mean, do you even know me? Do you even know in which continent I live, or if I’m a woman or a man, or if I’m 20, or 50, or something else?

Doesn’t really matter where you live. I can’t think of a single reason, besides jealously, that someone would be so catty and vicious to someone just because they don’t live their life exactly as you see fit.

Well you must not think a lot.

• laura

Mmmmmmm…Ok, answer one little question: Even if jealousy was the only feeling that people could possibly have towards celebrities (which is absurd), why would anybody be jealous of a ridiculous 55 year old woman who’s making a fool of herself, instead of being jealous of people who are much more younger, prettier and have more taste? (It’s not my way of thinking, but if jealousy is the only thing you can understand….)
            I mean, why Madonna instead of Jessica Alba, Blake Lively, Rihanna, or Anne Hathaway, or Jenna Dewan, or Lana del Rey, or Kate Hudson, or kate Winslet, orMiranda Kerr, or Gisele Bündchen, or Amber Heard, or Nina Dobrev, or tons of other people?
            They didn’t all do as much as Madonna, but they’re all gorgeous, famous, talented and with amazing careers in front of them…

• laura

And also, among the older ladies, why should anyone be jealous of Madonna, instead of much classier Sharon Stone, Salma Hayek, Cindy Crawford, Michelle Pfeiffer, Madeleine Stowe, Joni Mitchell?

• Albus

You’re mentioning things we’re NOT criticizing of her. I don’t see anyone saying anything bad about her success or her money. No one denies that. It’s her behavior that’s laughable sometimes for a 50+ year old woman. And it’s not that we’re expecting her to care about our comments, but we’re surely free enough to say what we want about her, good and bad.

It looks like all the idiot haters are out. You people would give anything to have her money and probably her body.

• laura

yeah, her body is fit and she has a lot of money, but that doesn’t change the fact that she is shallow and has bad taste. None of us criticized her body or her money, we said that it’s pathetic that a 55 year old lady has to make a fool of herself to garner people’s attention…

• anonymous

That’s just your personal opinion. Millions would love to see Madonna perform and maybe someday they will. She garners people’s attention just by showing up. Yes, you’re jealous but she’s so far removed from your world that there’s no point in it.

• meghan

Right. Only a person with the complete inability to think critically assumes that “dislike” automatically equals “Jealous”. Grow up.

• Sami

Have you seen Madonna without makeup??? No one is jealous of her. She just lobes media attention. Looks at all the photographers she brings with her each time she does charity work.

9. Marie

Madonna is such an embarrassment. She wouldn’t be so bad if it was not so obvious to everyone that she is desperately trying to hold on to her youth. She needs to be classy and dress and act that way, and she can still look really good, but seeing someone in their mid 50′s wearing what looks like underwear and fish nets is not appealing. I still love the Madonna from the 80s that I danced to, but I don’t continue dressing that way and she needs to stop.

• anonymous

If she was classy and dressed her age, her fans would be very disappointed and nobody would go and see her. Your comment makes no sense. People want Madonna to be herself, not dressed like a middle aged pudding ,

• laura

She looks exactly like a depressed middle aged woman who can’t accept that time’s passing.
        Dressing appropriately doesn’t mean dressing like an old granny, it just means having that taste which many seem to lack here.

You are completely missing the point. She NEVER had ‘taste’ in any classic sense… why should she now? Just because the calender says so? That’s just dumb.

Sami, show YOUR face without makeup.

11. kellee

the negative comments towards Madonna are appalling ,,

12. An33

Oh Madonna….just show her your “Sex” book and the uncomfortableness will be mutual…

13. anon

seeing mummys vajay hanging out in undies and fishnets is a little uncomfortable