Hollywood’s Worst Baby Names

badbabynames

North West as a name?

Star couple Kim Kardashian and Kanye West welcomed their first child on June 15. And while the world waited on pins and needles to hear the baby name, many were shocked to hear they called their daughter North West.

While celebrities are commonly known for their wacky baby names, let’s look through some of the worst monikers out of Tinseltown.

According to our Readers’ Choice Awards, here are the worst baby names in Hollywood in 2012:

• Emet
  • Aofie
  • Maple
  • Exton
  • Romy
  • Beatrice
  • Blue

And here’s a list of more unusual baby names out of Hollywood over the last few years:

• Pilot Inspektor
  • Moxie Crimefighter
  • Apple
  • Bronx Mowgli
  • Zuma Nesta Rock
  • Ikhyd Edgar Arular
  • Buddy Bear
  • Sparrow James Midnight
  • Bluebell Madonna
  • Bandit Lee
  • Bardot Vita (note: her name has since been changed to Bella)
  • Bear Blu
  • Bingham Hawn
  • Aleph
  • Cree Taylor
  • Boone McCoy
  • Cash Rich
  • Coco

What do you think are some of the worst baby names out of Hollywood?

Filed under: Exclusives,Featured,Kanye West,Kim Kardashian

Photo credit: AKM-GSI/FameFlynet

1. Ariel

North west is butt ugly

2. arabella

north and peanut are the worst.but coco is an ugly name.

What’s wrong with the name Gloria? At least it’s a real name. It may not be the nicest name but it IS a name.

• Jen

My grandmother’s name is Gloria and we gave our daughter that as her middle name. I think it is incredibly beautiful and only have the most positive connotations of it. I really do think some people put down other’s baby names because they make everything a competition.

• Jen

I should have added my grandmother’s real legal first name is Nora but she has apparently only ever been called Gloria since she was a toddler. She was so happy when she found out about the name of my daughter. Cut to a few months later, my dad jokingly called my grandma “Nora” and all my cousins and I didn’t even know. Haha. Now it is a funny family story that we named our daughter after her and got it wrong!

So, ya, we love the name Gloria but our family loves to joke about how we messed up naming our baby girl. It’s a good laugh but even if we had known, we still would have gone with Gloria. We try to own our naming fail. Ha!

• Cari

Every name is a name……every name was made up at one point. Just because older names are more common to you doesn’t make them any more valid. Try to be more open minded.

4. A

Heavenly Joy sounds like a p0rn star. Poor kid.

5. zxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiop

I think everyone tries to out-do each other. This one picked a dumb name so let me pick a dumber one.

6. Ava

Some of those names are terrible! I think poppy and ever are cute though!

What on earth are names like Beatrice, Mabel, and Gloria doing on a list with names such as Breeze, Lukensia, and Lion?

8. DanSy

What is wrong wit Ever?? It is an actual name of Celtic origin. Some of the names are fine, don’t know why they are here.

9. Jessica V

Some beautiful really old fashioned and classic names are on the list for worst names.

10. bigprisc

Goodness… I really don’t understand why Apple is such a ‘gasp worthy’ name? I know alot of people by the name of Apple… I think it is pretty.

11. Annie_S

Rosalind ugly? Beatrice, Maple and Maxwell ugly? You guys should sort out your priorities.. What do you consider beautiful?

• temi

i swear i like the name beatrice i think it is nice. well no name can beat kims baby NORTH WEST WTF!! i know they give names through inspiration but how did she get so inspired to give a child that name kai she is wicked. there a reason her mom didnt call her EAST SOUTH OR EAST WEST OT NORTH EAST OR SOUTH WEST BUT A BEAUTIFUL NAME KIM. woow

12. Sophia

Sure there are some doozies on the list (I’m looking at you Kash, Breeze and Princeton), but there are also some really lovely ones on there that are real names, like Bastian, Magnus, Henrietta, Wilhelmina, Marlowe, Poppy, Clover, Phoenix, Pearl, Mabel, Romy and Beatrice. I am also a sucker for Astala and Dixie.
    And I have to say, I absolutely ADORE Hero Harper. Knox Leon, Ever Gabo, Mabel Painter, Rumer Glenn, Petal Blossom (maybe not together, but separately I love them), Aleph and Coco are all fantastic IMHO.

13. Jan (short for something hard to pronounce)

My legal name is unusual and growing up I was always embarrassed when someone new tried to pronounce it and got it wrong. Saddling a child with an ‘interesting’ name isn’t fair. My entire life I’ve said that when my mother dies I’m heading to the courthouse to legally change my name right after her funeral!

what is it? i agree about names that are hard to pronounce or spell. i like simple, but different names. i’m sick of hearing the same 25 names over and over.

14. I like rocky but I prefer Rocco. I will want to call my son Rocco because Guy Ritchie is one of my daddy crushes and his son with Madonna is called Rocco. im 16 and a half and I will want a kid between 20 and 35

15. Poppy

Enough with Apple already! It DOES sound like a name.

16. Isabelle

I don’t understand why people don’t like some of these names. Ever? North(without the last name being West)? Apple? Blue? Breeze? Sky? Thoe all are beautiful names! People have different names! I have a friend named KenzaRae Adrenkal. All names that are different are beautiful names!

17. anonymous

how is Marlowe,Gloria,Monroe,Sonny,Dixie,Mabel,Clover,and rocky such a bad name and why is the media so interested in Hollywood baby names? its not like were all dieing to know the names of every single movie stars kid. some might come from different religions or such. why is it got to be a decent name like Mary, Elizabeth or Sidney to be a good name. i have a friend from china and her name isn’t what you expect but its a nice name.really who cares.

18. Tomcat

Where do some of these people get these stupid names for their kids from?! I think that some of these people who give their babies ridiculous names are lacking brains. Look, I don’t tell people what to name their kids. But, come on! Give them decent names instead of these idiotic ones! Let’s see, oh yeah, NORTH WEST (hoho clever). Please Kim and Kanye are a pair of morons. I hate them both and feel sorry for their kid. BLUE IVY CARTER?! Yeah, just Ivy Carter would work out, but BLUE is not a human name it’s a color for cripe’s sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw that some decent names were on the list. Gloria, Beatrice, and a few others. WHAT?! Those are lovely names, especially Beatrice. I think that Winifred should be on the list for worst names because I think that it’s a stupid name and isn’t a lovely one, no offense, but I hate the name! Oh Brooklyn, not really a name fit for a human! I don’t really see that as a proper name either, it should just be Brooke. When I have kids someday, I’ll make sure to give them REAL names. Nothing stupid or anything that others struggle to pronounce. That’s just a waste of time and effort.

19. Elle

My son is named clover and he’s 5. It’s a good name.

20. chantel

I have a friend named Gloria and I love that name. Poppy is also a cute name

21. Ava

I think some names on this little are a little bit much but quite a few of them are cute/fun/unique. I think Bandit Lee is an adorable one. Very fun I feel like it’s a name a kid would enjoy having. So many of you are making fun of Apple but it’s not terrible. Blaise I also think is a wonderful name. I do believe there is a Saint Blaise? I maybe wrong. Ever is also nice along with Knox. The simple true is no two people will have the same opinion of what a good name is. I’ve met a North in my life and never found it too odd. Now people are gonna think North West’s name is silly simply because well both names seem okay on their own but together it just seems forced and over done. Poor child is going to live a lifetime being judged regardless of her name.