Jessica Simpson Welcomes Baby No. 2: Ace Knute

Jessica Simpson and Eric Take Maxwell To Seafood Lunch

Congratulations are in order for Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson.

The engaged couple have welcomed their second child, a boy named Ace Knute Johnson, Us Weekly reports. Baby Ace was born in Los Angeles via scheduled C-section on Sunday, June 30, Jessica’s rep adds.

“Ace Knute (pronounced Ka-nute) Johnson has arrived! Mom and baby are doing great,” her rep tells the mag. “Jessica, Eric and Maxwell are thrilled to welcome the new addition to their family.”

The Fashion Star mentor, 32, and Johnson, 33, are already parents to daughter Maxwell, nearly 14 months.

In February, reports swirled that the couple planned to call their son Ace. (Ace’s middle name honors dad Eric’s Swedish paternal grandfather, Knute Johnson.)

In true Jessica style, the singer-turned-entrepreneur accidentally spilled the beans on her baby’s gender. “The crazy thing is I never knew a wiener could make me nauseous,” she joked, and added, “Well, I guess I just told the world that I’m having a boy!”

Filed under: Births,Featured,Jessica Simpson

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. klutzy_girl

I actually like Ace, tbh. Knute, I’m kinda meh on, but it’s a family name so whatever.

Congratulations to them!

2. arabella

I hate the name ace .

3. anonymous

Just be glad the first name isn’t Knute. That would be far worse than Ace. Anyway, congrats to the happy couple. It seemed like Jessica was pregnant for a long time.

4. Jennifer

Well, growing up there was a grouchy old man who lived next door to us named ace. So hearing that name will always make me think of him. Not a fan of either name.

5. Lizzie

Congrats!! I know people with the last name Knute but it’s spelt differently. I wonder if he’ll grow up to look like Maxwell.

6. SMH

Ace isnt so bad. Could be worse.

Ugh… Now we’ll be inundated with her weight loss saga, and claims of wanting to be healthy (but only when someone pays her millions of $$, not when it’s simply the right thing for her baby).

8. Me

Maybe Knute is after Knute Rockne, an old football player/coach. Since Eric is a former football player…

9. Maria from Sweden

I am sorry Jessica and Eric but if they want the middle name to be a Swedish name, they have misspelled it. In Sweden we spell the name simply “Knut” no -e in the end. It is a really old Swedish name and I have never seen it been spelled like that here.

They did not want his middle name to be Swedish, they wanted his middle name to honor Eric’s grandfather, Knute.
      I’m sure the sentimental value of the name meant much more to them than whether or not Eric’s great-grandparents had spelled it correctly many years ago.

10. DanSy

Congrats!

I like the name Ace.

And the stupid names continue……

12. Someone

I guess I kinda like the name…it’s *semi* normal lol. At first I was like say wha? to the middle name but the family sentiment is rather sweet. Jessica totally bugs me but hey she seems like a good mom and is happy with her little family so good for her!

13. Gretchen

I love Ace! I can’t seem to get down how to combine the middle name and the first name without sounding like I’m saying SNOOT. Clearly I have no worries though as I’m not family nor friends with the Simpson/Johnson clan!

14. AvaElizabeth

another stupid name.

wonder about ‘knute’ because usually it’s ‘Knut’ in the northern european countrys.

Maxwell Drew is a bit ‘boyish’ but a normal name, it really doesn’t fit the stupid ‘Ace Knute’.

Thank god, here in germany the law is much stricter about names <3

“Thank god, here in germany the law is much stricter about names”

You think it’s a GOOD thing that your government decides what your baby’s name will be? Oh my!

• Airwrecka or Erika

Nobody said anything about government deciding baby’s name here in Europe. AvaElizabeth just stated that in most European countries the law states that parents should name their kids using good sense, good taste and with names that doesn’t cause the kids to be ridiculed. So it’s done to *protect* the baby. Moxie Crimefighter would never happen here and I kinda prefer it that way.

• AvaElizabeth

that’s exactly what I meant :-)

You have millions of names to give, so the ‘rules’ are just: don’t make your kid a thing where people laugh about it because you named it ‘broken condom’ ‘tea pot’ or ‘ace knute’ or ‘north’ or pilot inspector or the moxie-thing or peaches, hiraanyi heavenly tiger and so on. Thank god, that THAT is forbidden!

But every name, that is really a name you can give to your child, so, no law that really harms you in any way.

Of course, not every name is ‘modern’ or unique and it’s still the choice and taste of the parents, but most parents don’t give names like Brunhilde or Helmut today. But 50 years ago they where modern ;-) Think you also have such names in America which where modern years before ;-)

I have relatives who live in Hamburg with the names of Helmut, Eckhard, Henning, Bruni, & Willi Adolf.
      I think its pretty damn awesome that they have such different, unique names (although I will admit that the name Adolf has been a bit tainted).
      While the name Ava Elizabeth is beautiful (my name is Elizabeth), I’d rather be named something like Brunhilde than be one of the 10,000 others with the name Ava Elizabeth.

• Nadia

I agree with you 100% I live in Canada I wish we had laws like this. I thought it was the trailer parks,black trash that name their kids stupid names now its people who have money “liberal” crazy people do that. I think laws in North America would be great I mean look at how names are hurting black Americans sad :(

15. AvaElizabeth

.. forgot to say..
    maybe Simpson is jealous on the attention Kimye get with their stupid baby name so she needed one, too.

16. guccilizy

I read elsewhere that they pronounce Knute: ka-nute. i bet she doesn’t know that the “K” is usually silent when paired with an “N”. Maybe she wanted to top Kim and Kanye’s ridiculous name.

17. Suzie

Knut is not spelled like Knute in Scandinavia. My husband’s father is a Norwegian and he definitely spells it Knut. I also know Germans with the name. Still no E.