Is Willow Smith’s New Video Too Racy?

willow11f-3-web

Is Willow Smith‘s new music video too grown up for a 12-year-old?

Her new song Summer Fling – a collaboration with DJ MVSIC Fabrega under the name Melodic Chaotic – has raised some eyebrows.

The preteen daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith has caused a Twitter ruckus, with some saying the lyrics and content are too mature for the 12-year-old and her audience.

Lyrics include: “Good night kisses if the mood is right/Laying by the beach with you wishing this will never end.” The song also features Willow using a faux British accent to deliver the line: “Thanks for the summer fling. It was nice.”

Click below to see the video.

What do you think of Willow’s latest song and music video?

Filed under: Willow Smith

1. D

Awful! All of it. The song is inappropriate for a 12yr old, all the other people in the video are older than 12, and her hair looks like a mop as well. Is there any parental guidance here or is it big kids raising kids.

2. Jessica V

what is up with the British accent?

3. Lulu

I think those shorts are about five sizes too big and a 12 year old singing about summer flings is ridiculous at best.

4. SMH

I think if she was anyone other then Will Smiths daughter a record company wouldnt look twice at her. I am sorry but she cant sing and her look is hideous and yes l think song and video is too old for a 12 yr old. Guess this is what happens when you dont parent!

5. SiervaMaria

It’s about as racy as It’s My Party by Leslie Gore! If anything it’s typical teen swill and I probably would have loved it at that age. I’m more concerned about kids listening to Rihanna and even Justin Bieber!

6. Kate

Awful.

7. poopypop

but is she even a teenager? do it anyway…….do what anyway?

8. anonymous

She needs a coach on the faux British accent. I sounds to me like she is attempting to sound like Tracy Chapman. I don’t think the sound is that awful.

It is, in my opinion, too old for her. She is over-sexualized in her actions somewhat. It is sad.

Her mother has stated in interviews that she doesn’t want to hamper the creativity of her children. It is a parents responsibility to guide their children and raise them up to be a careful, responsible adult.

I am so thankful to be far away from Hollyweird and the liberal lifestyle.

It more to do with them being scientologist then about Hollywood.

One of scientology main teaching is not to “hinder”a children creativity and never being told no, they are mini adults and are treated as such. Take Suri for example one minuet she was wearing heels, lipstick, blush, big drooping earrings, and a too short dress. Next she was drinking from a bottle at 5 wrapped in a blanket like a infant.

Now that Suri out of the cult and no more bottle or being treated like a baby nor is she dressing like an adult. Suri is dressing her age and walking on her own.

The tackiest thing I’ve ever heard.

10. Lolita

Well I like it, I know it’s too grown for her but I love the lyrics maybe someone older should’ve sung the song, I do agree but y’all can’t deny the song doesn’t sound bad

11. Doreen

Oh my gosh….this hair…

What are their parent thinking!

12. Amber

Clothing: those shorts she is wearing on the trampoline are way too short and right! What little but she has is hanging out of it! Clearly none of the kids in the video are even close to 12! And lyrics are way too mature! I wish my daughter would even think of LAYING on a BEACH WITH SOME BOY SAYING THEY’LL “DO IT” anyway!!! Smh when I was 12 if a boy called my house my parents and brothers would be on me so fast!!! They better be careful before she ends up like Britney Spears little sister!