Evan Rachel Wood: I Miss Marijuana

Vanity Fair Party for opening night of 2013 Tribeca Film Festival **NO Germany, Austria**

It’s a drug-free pregnancy for Evan Rachel Wood.

The pregnant Mildred Pierce actress tweeted about her cravings. “Whoa. Whoa. Peanut Butter Pop Tarts?! Of course, because I can’t smoke any weed right now,” she wrote. “Dammit!”

The Ides of March actress, 25, has often tweeted about her pregnancy.

“How can you be so excited to see someone you have never even met?” she asked her followers on July 6. She later joked, “When a pregnant woman says she just ‘rolled’ out of bed, she is being very serious.”

The Golden Globe-nominated actress also admitted that “sometimes” her diet “goes to hell” and she has “pigs and a blanket and a pizza. You gotta have your naughty days,” she tweeted July 6.

The Running with Scissors star and her husband, fellow actor Jamie Bell, expect their first child this year.

Filed under: Evan Rachel Wood

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. Kinky

LOL! You look cute though!

So glad she dumped Marilyn Manson.

Classy.

4. Yikes

Wanna bet she regrets that statement soon?

5. Jennifer

gross. trashy comment to make. I hope she doesn’t go back to smoking marijuana after the baby is born.

6. anonymous

Nothing wrong with a little toke of the ganja now and then. It’s very relaxing and reduces stress. As long as you just have it now and then, it’s not the end of the world.

7. Annie

Educate yourself. And then ask yourself WHY alcohol and cigarettes are still legal but marijuana is not.
    “Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won’t come in.”

• Dawn

It’s legal in some states and if it’s really that bad, why do they use it to treat cancer patients. If you knew anything you would know that alcohol/cigerettes are far worse then maryjane

8. SMH

If they use Marijuana for medical reasons why not leisurely? Make it legal. Tax the crap out of it.To each their own. And this is coming from someone who has never touched it!

9. Jenny_LOO

all in moderation folks, to each his own.

10. Jennifer

She can do as she pleases…. But I do hope she doesn’t smoke marijuana when she has her baby. Hopefully she will give that up.

11. Annie

I guess we know where all the uptight, backwards-thinking, holier-than-thou momzillas come…..but it’s ok cause Jesus and the Law says its legal, right? As long as you play by “the book,” follow the sheeple, dont stand out too much, or make “different” comments; you *will* be the perfect parent, and probably secure your spot in heaven.
    Lot of self-righteous ignorazis here. Peace out, Morons. On to more progressive message boards and discussions with open-minded, intelligent moms.

• Jennifer

Wow. Annie, if your idea of being open minded and intelligent is smoking marijuana from time to time then I feel sad for you. I don’t go to church every week, and no I don’t drink or smoke but I am also not a “mom-zilla” either just because I choose not to do those things. I do try to set a good example for my kids. That’s very important to me.

12. Gemi

Seriously.

Alcohol and tobacco are WAY more harmful than marijuana. However, it’s natural so the government can’t make money off of it. That’s why it’s illegal.

13. Aya

Think marijuana is harmless ?? Try watching people quit it, especially cold turkey. Watch people go through withdrawal. 3 men in my life did it casually at first. But as it is affordable and highly addictive, they found themselves hooked. All became suicidal, depressed, ambitionless, irrational etc. They were ok when they were high, it was the rest of the time that was the problem. Quitting was tough. There were points it was hard to witness at first. At certain points I remember feeling, wow, this is like watching a heroin addict go through withdrawal, I thought it was “just marijuana”.. Then began the division of the “clean” friends and family and the “just marijuana” people. Many of the “just marijuana” people took the high road, many is disbelief, most said they didn’t want to see it. Out of sight, out of mind. I am happy to report that all of these 3 have overcome their hard days and have completely transformed their lives. One went back to school, getting top marks and will be graduating soon at the top of their class. The second had to completely move away from all of their “frienemies” and begin again. This person at 22 has used the weed money to save up and has bought a truck, a car, a house. He now works at an AMAZING job and is now thinking about settling down and starting a family.. Much better than the suicidal wreck he was a year and a half ago. The second is similar. Amazing job which he wouldn’t have been able to have because of the mandatory drug checks, he has rebuilt his self esteem, family life, marriage, weight. He has now picked up gardening instead of going out to smoke a joint. Personally I don’t do anything casually like drinking, drugs, smoking. I, like Jennifer have witnessed too many horrible things from all. Instead, i raise my kids to pick up a book, learn a new skill, language etc. Are there highly successful “potheads”, probably.. but when you get down in the dirty, the demographics are more one way than the other. I personally work with the children of these statistics, so again, I am biased. You think parents trade their kids virginity for only crack ? Try for something like weed.. Don’t even get me started on the horrible things people have done when their weed was laced with something else :s