Matt Damon: We’re Moving To L.A.

**EXCLUSIVE** Actor and oscar winner Matt Damon seen with his wife Luciana Bozan Barroso and daughters Alexia, Isabella and Gia while arriving to the Sortino restaurant in Brentwood, Los Angeles

Matt Damon is moving his family-of-six from New York City to Los Angeles.

The Elysium star – along with wife Luciana and their daughters Alexia, 15, Isabella, 7, Gia, nearly 5, and Stella, 2 – are preparing for the bicoastal move. ”Our oldest one is excited,” Matt told Us.

“The younger ones, I think it’s kind of hard for them to grasp it,” he added. “They’ll have a yard, and they’re really excited about that. That’s not something you get [in New York City].”

During a Tuesday appearance on TODAY, Matt explained their move, saying he’ll be closer to good pals like Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner.

“Basically all of our friends with little kids are out there [in L.A.],” Matt shared. “We’re a little conflicted. We love it here, we’re really happy here and New York will always be here. It might just turn out to be a little jaunt out there and then a return…It’s hard to leave here.”

He went on to talk about getting in shape for his latest role in the upcoming sci-fi flick, Elysium.

“It was really hard because I love to eat and I love to drink,” he confessed. “I’m at the point in my life where somebody was silly enough to marry me and won’t leave me if I put on a few pounds. It’s very hard to motivate me to get in shape.”

Filed under: Featured,Matt Damon

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

1. AvaElizabeth

seems that there are a lot of playdates coming between Affleck- and Damon-kids ;-)

He said that last year too and nothing came of it.

3. mischa

This seems like a strange choice and even stranger timing. Matt is at the height of his career and would still get the roles he wants if he lived in Tibet. In the past, he has often said he has way more privacy in NYC and Miami and can go about his day to day business without being pestered by aggressive paps.

4. Robin

Guess we will be seeing more of them on here now.

He sounds like an idiot.

1) there are yards in NYC unless he meant Manhattan but that’s not what he said
    2) he’s not worried that his wife would leave him if he put on weight. Seriously, where is she going? He picked her up in a bar. I doubt she would give up the life he gave a nobody like her

6. anonymous

Sharon B – you’re an idiot.

7. I think they have a great outlook and a happy family… you don’t read all kind crap about them and he loves her and vice versa and he is a good family man/husband can’t some of you clowns just get that??

8. anonymous

I think this is a great move for him. He will fit right in on the left coast.

9. Elizabeth

He already enrolled his kids in private schools in L.A. After being a staunch supporter and advocate of public education. Typical liberal hypocrite.

10. It will probably be a little more laid back for them.