Prince William: ‘George Is A Little Bit Of A Rascal’

The Royal Baby Emerges!

In a preview of his upcoming interview with CNNPrince William opens up about wife Kate Middleton and their newborn son George.

“He’s a little bit of a rascal, I’ll put it that way,” said the proud royal papa. “So he either reminds me of my brother [Prince Harry] or me when I was younger, I’m not sure.”

Overall, “He’s doing very well at the moment. He likes his nappy changed,” he shared.

The prince added: “Catherine is very well, [and the dog] Lupo is coping … He’s been slobbering around the house a lot, so he’s happy.”

William also talked about his son’s unveiling outside St. George’s Hospital, when he and Kate first presented their newborn to the world.

“I think I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him,” said William. “As any new parent knows, you’re only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything.”

He added: “It’s not somewhere I enjoy being, I know that the position I’m in that’s what’s required of me to do. … It’s nice that people want to see George, so, you know – I’m just glad he wasn’t screaming his head off the whole way through.”

After George’s big reveal, Global royal watchers were impressed when William installed the car seat himself without a hitch. “Believe me, it wasn’t my first time,” he shared. “And I know there’s been speculation about that. I had to practice, I really did.”

And the “nappy” changes have been going well since his son’s birth.

“I had every midwife staring at me, ‘You do it. You do it,’ ” he recalled. George, he said, is “growing quite quickly actually. But he’s a little fighter. He kind of, he wriggles around quite a lot. And he doesn’t want to go to sleep that much, which is a little bit of a problem.”

While he’s up at all hours with George, still it’s “not as much as Catherine,” he admitted. “She’s doing a fantastic job,” he added. “For me, Catherine, and now little George are my priorities.”

As for parenting, the prince plans on being as hands on as possible.

“If I can do it myself, I’ll do it myself,” he shared. “I’m as independent as I want to be. I don’t like fuss.”

He added: ”I think the last few weeks for me have been just a very different emotional experience. Something I never thought I would feel myself . . .a lot of things affect me differently now.”

The 31-year-old future king, as a conservationist, uses the special to discuss his work to save the world’s most endangered species. As a new father, William hopes that his son will be able to experience the same Africa that he and Harry did as young boys.

Watch the upcoming one-hour special, Prince William’s Passion: New Father, New Hope, slated to air on CNN and CNN International on Sunday, September 15.

Filed under: Featured,Kate Middleton,Prince William,Royals

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Bella

Installed the car seat without a hitch? That’s a shame and irresponsible that CNN posted that and terrible that William said he practiced. Their child was very obviously not properly strapped in. It was VERY unsafe and if they had an accident could have had catastrophic effects. Someone needs to address the car seat debacle and make sure it doesn’t happen again. These people are role models to many!

How can a one month old be a rascal?

3. Bella

I was correct and still am. William claimed he installed the car seat without a hitch. That means he installed it easily and with no problems. That is incorrect. His newborn baby was in the car seat INCORRECTLY. Despite what he thinks, he had a major “HITCH”. Have you seen the photos? The kid is basically swaddled in the car seat and his hands are not properly through the straps. I’d say he needs to go back to practicing.

• Anonumys

OMG Bella get over it did you really need 4 post to try to prove your right. It’s really not that big of a deal.

• Bella

You are entitled to your opinion. However, don’t trivialize car seat safety. It is a huge deal as kids have much higher chances of dying if in the seat incorrectly and in an accident. And while celebrities are just real people who can have the same issues as average people, they are looked at by some people as role models. To see people like Prince William or Beyonce install their children incorrectly in the car is bad. Some people might think that’s the correct way. I wish William would have addressed that he had issues and they have been resolved and not said he practiced and did it well on the day the baby was released from the hospital.

• brazilian

Kate was in the backseat to adjust the straps and stuff. He just put the baby there. I was concerned to lol.

4. Samara

I agree with you, Bella. I am a CPST and it was very upsetting to see an innocent child like that. All of the resistance here just shows what is wrong with the people in this country.

What’s wrong with this country is people like you who go running your mouth with out knowing all the facts.

Like the other posters said KATE was in the backseat adjusting the straps, you could see her doing it on the video.

5. Amanda

Bella seriously, he put the car seat in just fine. So what if Catherine was adjusting the straps, that doesn’t mean William did it wrong. The straps should be adjusted once a child is in a car seat to insure they fit properly. You can’t very well get them right before the baby is in the seat and you know how tight to make them. Neither of them did ANYTHING wrong, the baby was NEVER in danger. The car seat was perfectly safe and installed correctly. Let it go.

6. Jj

He’s a beautiful bub. So happy for them.

Doesn’t anyone know the difference between YOUR and YOU’RE?

8. Tee

Steady on people, Prince William did just fine. How do you know He did it incorrectly were you there? William and Kate are new parents, they have plenty of time to correct whatever errors they might make. Come on like you got it right first time.