Miley Cyrus’ VMA Performance Shocks Robin Thicke’s Mom

miley-cyrus-500x500

cts-logoThink you were shocked by Miley Cyrus‘ raunchy performance on Sunday night’s MTV Video Music Awards? Imagine how Robin Thicke’s mom feels! The ‘Blurred Lines’ singer did a risque duet with Miley and now his mom, Gloria Loring, is speaking out about the ex-Disney star’s near-naked stage romp.

“I don’t understand what Miley Cyrus is trying to do,” she says. “I think she’s misbegotten in this attempt of hers. And I think it was not beneficial.”

See what else Gloria has to say at our sister site, CelebrityTeenScoop.

Filed under: Celebrity Teen Scoop,Gloria Loring,Miley Cyrus,Robin Thicke

1. Albus

It’s clear this girl just wants to be front page news, and it’s surely working out fine for her. The media and people are giving her exactly what she wants. I can easily picture her grabbing her popcorn and surf the net and tv with all the news full of her.

2. Someone

Put your tongue back in your mouth Miley, you look like an idiot.

3. Bink

Silly. Hey Miley, We have a Madonna and GaGa already. Calm down and put that tongue away!

4. Robin

Meh, I think she’s entertaining. So many people get their undies in a wad over Miley when Obama’s about to start a war with Syria. That’s what’s truly “misbegotten.”

5. kellsbells

I don’t think she’s anything special to look at. She’s been put out there as a money making factory from the getgo. She’s looking for attention and getting it. She’s in the news…making money. It could backfire at anytime.

I’m glad she’s not my daughter, this sort of behaviour makes me cringe. I do agree though there are bigger issues in the world to worry about than this little-girl-lost and her so-called shock tactics.

6. LJ

Maybe Robin Thicke’s mother ought to talk about her own son? I’d be ashamed if any son of mine was releasing songs about getting girls stoned so they can’t consent to have sex.

Thank you. i was coming here to say the same thing. Her son’s song and its accompanying music video are completely degrading toward women and perpetuates an idea that contributes to rape culture – “i know you want it even if you’re saying no.” Maybe that’s who his mother should be talking about.

• Albus

I know, Robin’s mom really got a double standard problem. I know he wasn’t the one sticking his tongue out but he was surely playing doctor with her up there. I guess it’s allright by his mom.

• SiervaMaria

I do find his mom overlooking the fact that Blurred Lines is very much about a guy telling a woman he really doesn’t believe/think her no means no and it’s not surprising me one bit that it’s Miley catching the brunt of the negativity. I don’t support one bit her silly and seriously misguided attempt at titillation but, I don’t recall Robin Thicke trying not to be in on the act. His mom is being a tad hypocritical.

Exactly!! A married man and father is up there grinding against a 20 year-old and all we can talk about is how shameful she is. So typical. Maybe he should have taken a stand and said that he would not perform that way with her. He could have shown a little more class too. Let’s all stop with the slut-shaming (yes, even you, Ms. Loring) and look at the big picture here.

Whether you liked it or not, can’t we just agree that BOTH of them are equally responsible for that performance?

Did you watch it because he was not grinding against Miley. That whole lap dance was not part of thier act it was never rehears it. Miley add that in on stage and Robin and his people were not happy about it.

When the news outs let’s ask Miley camp about it all they said was that she was being true to herself.

8. Sophia

I think that performance shocked everyone’s mother. But I definitely think the criticism should not be reserved solely for Miley. Robin played just as much a role in it as she did, as much as you all seem to want to defend him by thumbs down-ing every comment that points out that he should be held accountable for his own actions and misogynistic lyrics.

9. Barb

Robin Thick’s mother is a pathetic hypocrite. I saw her son’s vulgar video. “Robin Thick has a big d***. A 37 year old married father. She’s defending this grown man and saying how playful and fun his video was. Remove the plank from your own eye before noticing the speck in Miley’s. She said a mouthful, Miley upstaged Robin (who)? You hardly remembered he was even there. Shut your pie hole and let your grown boy speak for himself. Miley has outclassed the Thicke family completely. She spoke for herself and her own actions.