Lisa & Jack Osbourne Lose Their Baby Boy

The 20th Annual Race to Erase MS Gala "Love To Erase MS" in LA

Jack Osbourne and wife Lisa have lost their baby.

The blogger, 26, who was in her second trimester, shared the sad news on her blog. “I have been dreading this announcement,” she writes. “I needed some time before being able to say it. Jack and I lost our baby boy last week.”

“Having a late term miscarriage is by far the hardest thing either of us have ever had to go through,” she continued. “We appreciate all of your prayers and ask for privacy and respect during this time. It’s important to stay hopeful and optimistic through life’s toughest moments. We never know why things like this happen. All we can do is trust in God and know he has a plan for our lives.”

Just after the announcement, Lisa took to Twitter, writing, “Cuddling my amazing, sweet hubby and shutting my eyes. Thank you all for the love and support. It means the world.”

In early August, Lisa announced their pregnancy news. “Jack and I are super excited to share with you all that we are expecting our second baby!” she shared. “I am in my second trimester, feeling great & trying not to eat everything in sight.”

Earlier this week, it was announced that Jack — who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2012 — will be in the new season of Dancing with the Stars.

The couple were wed last October and are parents to daughter Pearl, 16 months.

Filed under: Featured,Jack Osbourne,Lisa Stelly

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. eliz1

obviously this is extremely sad and i feel for them- but sheez- is ANYTHING private/sacred?! can’t they grieve in private versus broadcasting this sad news? on a side note- she is gorgeous- looks like lily aldridge!

How would they possibly grieve in private? If they didn’t make this announcement, paparazzi would be hounding them in public for ‘bump’ pics, saying lord knows what to her, and when she failed to get larger, whispers and rumors would start flying, and it would prolong and exacerbate what is already a difficult time for them. Ordinary people might have the luxury of grieving in private, but when you’re in the public eye, it’s often better to share your pain with the world then to let them talk about you without knowing the full story.

• Jenna

Why would it have to be private? There are a lot of people that have to go thought this and hearing others stories might help them. Losing a baby is not private, or slmething to feel ashamed about wanting to talk about. It is a loss. Would you tell someone grieving their family member that you don’t want to hear about it, and they should keep it private?

• coco

Obviously they had to announce it, as they had already announced the pregnancy.
      I feel so sorry for them.
      I hope they can take their time to heal and then maybe, with no rush, have a lot more babies.
      How unfortunate the timing with Jack’s participation to DWTS.

2. Tasha

How devastating. :(

• A Prayer

Yes, devastating.
      Eternal rest, grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
      May he rest in peace. Amen.
      May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
      Amen

3. Someone

Oh my goodness, what devestating news. I thought Jack looked sad in the pictures posted here a few days ago. I can’t imagine how much pain losing a child would bring. They have such a cute family, I hope they are able to heal and, in time, maybe try again. Lots of love and best wishes to them.

How terribly sad for them. Hopefully they will be blessed again some time in the future with another little one.

5. anon

I know how devestating miscarriages are and to lose a little Son must be heartbreaking. I understand the need to announce it living in the public eye with everyone wondering, she was very strong to be able to do that. My thoughts go out to them.

6. Pippa

So sad. From the comment above about “announcing it”, I think they had to announce it since everyone knew she was pregant. (See their announcment at the bottom of this page in “You may also like…”.) They announced the pregnancy and so now, with great sorrow, they have to announce the passing or people would ask many questions. I mean, they dont HAVE to, but I dont think it’s a mistake to do that.
    I dont think a Mom ever gets over that.

7. Angel

Cry me a river!

8. SMH

So sad. Jack was on GMA a few days ago & he did appear quiet and not himself. So sad. But atleast they have beautiful Pearl to get them through.

How terribly sad for them. Sending prayers their way.

10. Lulu

What an incredibly unfortunate thing to happen to them. I can only imagine what they must be going through. Hopefully they will be blessed with another baby at some point in the future.

11. anon

What happened to all of the comments?!

12. Anon

All comments have been deleted??

Yeah, whats up with that? With the exception of two or three rude and/or hurtful comments everyone else had nothing but kind and consoling things to say…