Melanie Griffith & Dakota Johnson: Premiere Pals

"Don Jon" New York Premiere Celebrity Arrivals

Working Girl star Melanie Griffith and her daughter, future Fifty Shades of Grey actress Dakota Johnson, attended the Don Jon premiere in New York City on Thursday (September 12). Both in black, the mother-daughter duo walked the red carpet together at the SVA Theatre.

Earlier this month, author E L James Tweeted, “I am delighted to let you know that the lovely Dakota Johnson has agreed to be our Anastasia in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey.”

After James’ announcement, Melanie tweeted, “My beautiful child Dakota has been chosen to play Anna Steele in 50 Shades!!! Look out world! Here she comes!!! #proudmama.”

The 23-year-old actress – whose father is Miami Vice star Don Johnson – is set to sizzle with costar Charlie Hunnam in the big screen adaption of the sexy novel.

Until now, Dakota was best known for her role in The Social Network – in which she shared a love scene with Justin Timberlake – and her appearances in 21 Jump Street, The Five-Year Engagement and Beastly.

Click here and take a look at 5 celebrities whose children are following in their famous footsteps.

Filed under: Dakota Johnson,Melanie Griffith

Photo credit: AKM-GSI/FameFlynet

SHE HAS GOT TO BE KIDDING!! She can’t possibly think that she looks good at that weight!! I’ll bet Antonio doesn’t think so. MOST men DON’T like a woman to be TOO skinny (but not fat either), but they usually don’t say anything. She looks ridiculous.

2. amanda

I never really thought Dakota was good looking; but here she resembles her grandmother Tippi Hedren. Which is a good thing.

3. L

Dakota looks so old! She is not right for Ana at all in any way. She could easily pull off Elena Lincoln and that’s sad.

4. Nancy

Wow Dakota does look very old for her age. I don’t like her nose, and she has a five head. I’m not trying to be rude but it is what it is! I would’ve never imagined she’d be playing Ana Steele given how she looks the near polar opposite of the character in the books! At 5’8″ tall that’s another issue. Ana is more petite in stature, and it’s part of the vibe you get with Christian being physically imposing. Now her mom, Melanie, looks pretty bad here too…I can’t put my finger on it.

5. Kelly

there’s no way that THAT woman is Melanie Griffith. what the hell happened?

6. Her daughter is beautiful.
    x

7. Nora

Dakota looks really old for her age. She’s definitely not going to age well, like her mother clearly hasn’t.

8. That’s a point!…. I also would have liked a petite Anna!, Dakota is tall. But let’s hope she makes that magic Anna did to get Christian’s attention. I have a question… is she green eyed?, I have not seen that blue that I imagined in Christian thoughts when he met Anna.
    The only good part I see in all this about people who doesn’t like Dakota for the film is that… at the beginning, Anna seemed to be a weird girl with not so much attractive… until Christian starts getting her “inner gooddess” out of her and transforms her into a hot woman…. it seems to be the same for Dakota….good look for her and..go haunting Christian Grey!!!!

9. Julia

How can the actress playing Ana Steele not have those BIG eyes!?! What is up with that? Ana is also petite and has pretty facial features, she isn’t tall or have long pointed down nose. Dakota does look really old for her age too! Wow she is certainly not Ana.