Halle Berry & Olivier Martinez Welcome A Son

Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez are inseparable at Toiles Enchantees Event **USA, Australia, New Zealand ONLY**

Congratulations are in order for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez.

The Academy Award-winning actress, 47, and her actor husband, 47, welcomed a baby boy on Saturday, October 5, Us Weekly reports. No further information has been announced at this time.

On Friday, we spotted the X-Men actress lunching in L.A.

In April, Halle announced the pregnancy saying it was “the biggest surprise of [her] life.”

“Thought I was kind of past the point where this could be a reality for me,” she said at the time. “So it’s been a big surprise and the most wonderful.” She went on to say the pregnancy was a “miracle.”

“I feel really happy. It’s one of the best things that happened in my life, for sure,” she added.

The pair were wed in an intimate ceremony in France this past summer, on July 13.

Halle also has a 5-year-old daughter Nahla with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry.

Filed under: Births,Featured,Halle Berry

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. Sundae

Congrats to them I know Halle is glad it’s over she was as big as a whale.

2. Joey

I’m wondering if this child gets a normal name or not!

3. klutzy_girl

Congratulations to them! Felt like she was pregnant forever.

Cannot wait to hear the name.

4. Isabella

He may not have a French name Nahla’s name is Arabic I think. However, Olivier agreed to have his child born in America so he may not compromise and will insist on a French name.

5. Martha

If his name isn’t Simba or Mufasa, then Halle has wasted a golden opportunity!

6. SiervaMaria

So genuinely happy for her, him, them.

7. Toya

~CONGRATULATIONS~ to Halle, Olivier & Nahla… I bet little man is beautiful!

8. Albus

Congrats to them. But i know this is beating a dead horse but why are people having kids at such old age? Early 40s i get it but late 40s? By the time the kid is 10 they’re gonna be pushing 60. An age people usually become grandparents.

I don’t know. Sometimes i feel some people are obsessed in becoming parents no matter what and don’t care how old they are. That can either be good or bad.

Why are you even thinking about the reproduction of OTHER people?

Do you want me to decide at what age YOU should have children?

No? Then how about you stop judging at what age OTHER people should have children.

• SiervaMaria

But are you basing this all on the fact their child will be 10 when they’ll be 57? And? Look at it from this pov. Halle just gave birth “herself” to her child. She didn’t use a surrogate and to our knowledge she had no fertility issues. Halle was/is more physically fit than most 20 year olds. She and Oliver are financially secure, and in a committed relationship. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring be you 20 or 60. It’s her body, her life, her choice.

9. DanSy

Albus here was sharing an opinion and I fully understand him. My parents were in their 40s when they had me and sometimes its been really tough.

• SiervaMaria

No disrespect, but it is in fact an opinion and shouldn’t be expressed as if it’s the rule and not the exception because just as you had tough times sometimes, I know way to many older parents who put younger ones to shame in all ways. I don’t like this ageism negativity that’s sprung up ever since Halle first announced she was pregnant. Its wrong. Its stamping mostly women with this expiration date that’s unfair. No, I wouldn’t expect becoming a new parent at 60 to be a prudent undertaking but 47?! Please. No one told Larry King or Bobby Deniro to stop at over 60! Steve Martin just had his first kid and he’s 67! I’m sorry, but My paternal grandmother didn’t even start having children until she was 41, had four in quick succession and didn’t pass until she was 101 and I’m here; me and mine.

10. A

His name is Maceo Robert. I like it.

• Veep

Lovely name. I’ll wait to hear how they choose to pronounce it.

• SiervaMaria

It’s generally pronounced “may-see-oh.” It was really not a rare name in African America prior to the 60′s, The most famous person I’ve ever known to have it is Maceo Parker whose played sax with James Brown (I’m a MAJOR JB fan) until JB passed away. I didn’t know the history of the name and I love it.