Tammin Sursok Welcomes First Child: Phoenix Emmanuel

2008 MTV Video Music Awards Arrivals

Congratulations are in order for Tammin Sursok and Seth McEwan.

The Pretty Little Liars actress, 30, and her actor-director husband welcomed a daughter on Tuesday, October 8, Us Weekly reports. “Phoenix Emmanuel Sursok-McEwen was born today,” her rep tells the mag. She weighed in at 9 pounds, 12 ounces.

“Everyone is happy and healthy. A gift from God today,” the proud new mom confirmed via Instagram Tuesday. “Pure love.”

This is the first child for the pair, who confirmed their pregnancy news in June, saying they felt “very blessed to be having a baby” and would be “happy with either a boy or a girl.” Two months later, the former Young and the Restless star revealed the baby’s gender.

“I’m so excited to enter this new phase of our lives,” she said. “What a blessing to add a little girl to our family!”

The couple were wed in August 2011 and hope to add to their family soon. “We want like three or four,” she said in an interview earlier this year. “But a lot of Tammins running around — I don’t know if the world needs anymore.”

Filed under: Births,Featured,Tammin Sursok

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Natalia

OMG! so happy for her!! i love her in PLL

2. arabella

my god does these celebrities know any girls name. seriously celebrities parents have given their daughters such masculine name lately. I Don’t think its cute,adorable or different.

3. Emily

Congratulations to Tammin & Seth! I can still remember growing up to Tammin playing Dani on Home & Away!! :)

I love the name Phoenix and I’m sure she’s as cute as a button. Xx

4. amanda

I’ve never understood the combo last name, if you’re married. I maybe considered old fashioned, but I just don’t get it.

• Solène

Yes, you are old-fashioned. Married or not, my name will always be my name. Wives and kids don’t belong to men. I always say I will take my husband’s name if he takes mine.

5. Von

9 pounds 12!?!! shes so petite, can’t imagine her carrying a baby that size..

6. Em

Congrats to them! Almost 10lb-er, wow! Hope they share a pic soon. Best wishes!

7. Mayara

It’s SEAN MCEWEN! At least do the search before posting…

8. jool

Emmanuel??? Was it so hard to put “le” at the end to use the feminine version of the name?

Wathever, congrats to her