Gena Lee Nolin’s Book On Thyroid Disease Hits #1 On Amazon List

Screen-Shot-2013-05-04-at-7.53.45-PM-Version-2-500x751

Former Baywatch star Gena Lee Nolin released her book Beautiful Inside and Out: Conquering Thyroid Disease with a Healthy, Happy, “Thyroid Sexy” Life on October 8, 2013, and it’s a definite must-read! It was Amazon‘s #1 book on thyroid disease, and Barnes & Noble also chose it as a “Diet & Health Pick.”

Co-written by New York Times bestselling author and thyroid disease patient advocate Mary J. Shomon, the book is an all-in-one guide that helps those suffering from thyroid disease “reclaim the happy, healthy, wonderful life” they deserve. Gena chats with Celebrity Baby Scoop about why the book is so important for those with thyroid issues.

Beautiful Inside and Out: Conquering Thyroid Disease with a Healthy, Happy, ‘Thyroid Sexy’ Life is a book that will inspire you to delve deeper into your own personal health,” Gena says. “I suffered silently for 20 years, and you won’t have to after reading my personal story.”

Gena also discusses the need to get checked for those experiencing thyroid disease symptoms.

“I went through three television series and three pregnancies undiagnosed! To all the new mothers and women experiencing symptoms, please get checked out and read my story. New York Times bestselling expert Mary J. Shomon and the many doctors who’ve contributed to the book will give you a lot of useful insight!”

For more information on the book or to order a copy, visit Amazon.

Gena Lee Nolin is an advocate to 60,000 thyroid disease patients via her “Thyroid Sexy” Facebook page. Gena is also a regular Celebrity Baby Scoop guest blogger, where she shares her life experiences – and asks for advice – as she juggles her busy life with husband Cale Hulse and their four children: Spencer, 16, Caia, 11, Hudson, 6, and Stella, 4.

Filed under: Cale Hulse,Gena Lee Nolin

1. Marilyn

I have thyroid disease too (underactive thyroid). My sister has an overactive thyroid.

2. Lisa

Love her! She’s the new, young, thyroid advocate that’s making a tremendous difference! I highly suggest her book, its open and honest with great doctors. Way to go Gena Lee Nolin!

3. Diane

I read the book, its great! She’s the real deal and so beautiful! My hubby get’s on my thyroid sexy fb page as much as I do. lol Supportive my foot, I’ll let it slide because it’s Gena!
    We all love you here in Texas!
    Diane

4. Joanne

This doesn’t surprise me at all. The book’s fantastic and Gena really talks openly about her life. Her thyroid sexy page has been a life saver for me personally and she looks better then ever. Saw the baywatch reunion they did on ET and she looks 25! What I like about her, is that she relates to all women, mothers, girls, older ladies & men. She’s smart, sassy & sexy with a purpose! It’s not about “look at me, I’m beautiful!” Its look at me, I’m changing the world! Now that’s a super star!

Except she always takes about loving your true self. This from a woman who botoxes her face, bleaches her hair and paints black lines around her eyes. This isn’t remotely her true self.

The book was awesome and you didn’t leave anything out! We respect you for that. You’re a classy lady that deserves the best. You didn’t once run anyone down (when I’m sure you could have!!) We saw your insider interview and you’re so pretty! It’s hard to believe you struggled like you did. God bless you & we all look forward to more of Gena!

I’m a dad on here frequently. Love your blogs and especially happy to see the success with your new book! We ordered it from amazon, here soon I hope. All the best Gena you’re really making a difference!
    All do respect, it’s pretty cool reading blogs from my favorite Baywatch girl!

7. Franci

Gena ROCKS! Such a beautiful soul. I spoke with her while having my book signed today, so kind! If only other’s had her heart of GOLD the world would be a much better place! Thank you for the photo for my son!
    Love & support everything you do Gena!

8. Penny S.

Do you think Mary shomon is so jealous of you Gena? You get all the attention with this book and your Thyroid Sexy page is expolding! I kind of felt that by some of her comments on her page. But then again, who wouldn’t be jealous of you! You’re a sweetheart!

9. Karen

This book is so awesome! Gena is so down to earth and so open about her struggle with thyroid disease. Loved it!

10. Disappointed

Gena Nolin is an actress without a college education and is taking advantage of thryroid patients by charging them $4.99 for access to her website. She is not a patient advocate. Putting a pretty face on a disease is not the answer thryoid patients seek unless you get all your medical information from People magazine and Entertainment Tonight. This is all so wrong!

11. Disappointed

Gena Nolin is an actress without a college education and is taking advantage of thyroid patients by charging them $4.99 for access to her website. She is not a patient advocate. Putting a pretty face on a disease is not the answer thyroid patients seek unless you get all your medical information from People magazine and Entertainment Tonight. This is all so wrong!

12. Pingback: Gena Lee Nolin's Blog: When Is The Right Time To Have “The Talk” With Your Teens?