Tori Spelling: I Lied About Postpartum Slim-Down

The Helping Hand Of Los Angeles Annual Mother's Day Luncheon

The truth is revealed.

In Tori Spelling‘s new memoir, Spelling It Like It Is, the mom-of-four gives a candid confession. In April, Tori revealed her svelte post-baby body in a bikini on the cover of Us Weekly – and she now admits to lying about her postpartum slim-down.

After losing 45 pounds after the birth of her son Finn in August 2012, the Beverly Hills, 90210 alum told the mag she had dropped the weight through a combination of low-impact cardio and a “healthy” diet of fish, veggies, soups, and “sensible” snacks like rice cakes, edamame, hummus, and avocado.

However, in Spelling It Like It Is, Tori admits to basically starving herself.

“I really don’t exercise much, period,” she writes. “So I took off my weight the old-fashioned way. I like to call it the Just Keep Your F–king Mouth Shut and Eat Air diet. It’s all the rage.”

She adds: “My publicist had given me clear instructions about what to say about my weight loss,” she shares in her book. “Women didn’t want to know that I had lost weight through dieting, not exercising. I didn’t want to be the a–hole who didn’t work for it. So I said that I swam. It was sort of a bad choice. I can’t do much more than a doggy paddle.”

During the April interview with Us, Tori shared several details of her supposed postpartum slim-down.

“My doctor suggested I try swimming,” Tori told the mag. “It’s good for the whole body and low-impact since you’re weightless. So I started doing that in our pool in January. I don’t count laps. I’ll swim until I’m sore or play Marco Polo with the kids instead.”

Asked whether she was also using an “extreme” diet to lose weight, Tori told Us: “We call ourselves the foodie family — we love food! Dean [McDermott] is a cook, so even after my pregnancy, he would try new recipes and we’d have these fabulous gourmet meals. That was a hard thing to break.”

“At one point I had to say to him, ‘Please, you have to start cooking me steamed vegetables until I can get back on track!’” she added “I stopped eating simple carbs, sugar, and sauces. And I mostly stopped drinking wine. I also eat a lot of sushi.”

“There’s no magic pill,” she continued to tell the mag, “but I have never once counted calories. I’m a big believer in eating healthy.”

What do you think of Tori’s confession?

Filed under: Tori Spelling

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. arabella

I don’t like celebrities like tori she really self-centered.I mean do really have to know every little details of her life.not only that but every book title of hers she put her name in it.

2. Allison

Liar liar pants on fire TORI SPELLING! Tisk tisk.

3. LJ

I hate that celebrities put all this pressure on other women to get bikini ready three weeks after giving birth, and I think she should be ashamed about lying to perpetuate that.

4. Someone

I hope she wasn’t breast feeding…starving yourself is not good for a nursing baby who needs the nutrients and fats, or mom for that matter. It’s pretty selfish IMO.

5. Sarah

Look at how unhappy her kids are… That says a lot about their family dynamics.

I wonder how much longer Dean’s gonna hang around waiting for “The Big Payoff”. He’s stayed longer than I thought he would. And now that she’s nearly broke, Candy seems mighty healthy, he’s definitely not in high demand as an actor, and I’m sure he’s on the hook for child support to his first wife that he dumped in order to marry his one time Cash Cow.

7. Nan

Concerned that Stella looks very sad in last few pictures.

8. Those Kids

For real, look at her kids’ faces. In every picture I see of them, the oldest daughter looks the most miserable I’ve ever seen a celeb kid look in a picture, the son looks like he hates life, and in the pic for this article the two she’s holding look like they’re trying to get away from her. I feel sad for these kids every time I see their faces. They never look happy. :(

No surprise there! Tori lies about EVERYTHING!

10. lisa

i can’t believe Dean is still with her. she can loose all the weight she wants but she will still have a grotesque face and deformed boobs. can’t see how dean does it with her maybe a bag over her head down to below her wonky boobs she is a nobody