Ben Affleck & Violet: Playful Pair

Ben Affleck Takes Violet To Her Basketball Game

Daddy’s little girl.

Argo star Ben Affleck was seen with his eldest child, daughter Violet, 7, in Pacific Palisades, Calif. on Sunday (November 3). While carrying her in his arms, Violet got playful with her papa and put a chocolate bar over his shades while they headed to her basketball game.

Over the weekend, we spotted Ben’s wife Jennifer Garner and their kids – including Seraphina, 4, and Samuel, 1 – out and about in Los Angeles.

And in case you missed them, check out the great shots of the Garner-Afflecks trick-or-treating in their Brentwood neighborhood on Halloween night.

Filed under: Ben Affleck,Violet Affleck

Photo credit: FameFlynet/AKM-GSI

1. arabella

I seen both parents carried violet more then once.no one said anything but when Katie carried suri everyone criticize Katie.

• jamie

Jennifer never carries her – this seems to be a one-off, just having a bit of fun. Katie has her reasons – the paps are way too aggressive and she is just doing what she can to protect her daughter.

• Veronica

You people just LOVE to criticize and compare celebs, eh? Imo, I think it’s a one-time thing. There are paps, I’d carry my kid (even is he/she was 10yo) if paps were around.

This kid is enormous … too big to be carried. Ridiculous helicopter parenting at its finest. They will be carrying their kids into their college dorms…

3. Rosy

Ben and Jen seem like great parents, their kids always look so happy. Love these pics :)

4. Lauren

OMG PEOPLE! its a father carrying his daughter! GET OVER IT!

5. Simppa

Ridiculous comments! Why can’t a father sometimes carry his five year old child? I think it’s adorable.

She’s not 5, she’s almost 8.

7. Kinky

Wow reallyladies. As a girl I hated when I got to old and my dad could not carry me anymore. Let her enjoy these moments they will not last forever and trust she will cherish them.

8. Megan

Wow people! My husband rarely carries my 7 year old…but when he does I think its the sweetest thing in the world. Soon she won’t want anything to do with us….gotta enjoy while you can!

This kid is leaving Basketball practice, she’s tired, what’s the problem if her dad is carrying her? Plus, there’s paparazzi around.

10. SMH

Is there really an argument over a daddy wanting to hold his daughter! Kids are only little so long and if you can pick them up then go ahead and pick them up! Geez! If you don’t want to carry your kids at 8 then DONT!

11. Granny

I gave my 9 year old grandson a piggy back ride to the car. I won’t be able to do that very many more times now so I don’t apologize. And Ben Affleck shouldn’t feel bad about giving his child a lift either. There is only a short window of opportunity that one can do these sort of things and shouldn’t be missed.

I’m sure Ben Affleck has never thought, “Gee, I shouldn’t carry my child in case complete strangers who are miserable in their own lives think that it’s wrong”.