On-the-go parents are constantly seeking ways to provide healthy portable snacks for their kids. Luckily, Sari Davidson-Crevin, Founder of BooginHead, has come up with some easy healthy holiday snacks for toddlers and kids that are perfect to serve in Squeez’Ems reusable food pouches. So get your family & kiddos into the holiday spirit with these yummy, festive smoothies!
1. Gingerbread Smoothie Recipe
· 1 cup almond milk
· 2 frozen bananas, peeled, sliced and thawed slightly
· 1 and 1/2 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1 teaspoon molasses
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
Start by adding the liquid to your blender, followed by the soft fruit. Add the greens to your blender last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
2. Peppermint Patty Green Smoothie
· 3/4 cup almond milk
· 1 cup spinach, about 1 handful
· 1 frozen banana
· 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, stems removed or 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
· 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 heaping tbsp chocolate chips
1. Place all the ingredients, except chocolate chips, into your blender.
2. Start on low speed and increase to high.
3. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Then add the chocolate chips and blend for a few seconds, just long enough to break them down into smaller pieces.
3. Pumpkin Smoothie
· 1 cup pumpkin puree
· 1 cup milk
· 1 banana, sliced
· 2 tbsp brown sugar
· ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
· ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Spoon pumpkin puree into a re-sealable bag and freeze 8 hours to overnight.
2. Remove the pumpkin from the freezer and allow it to soften to room temperature, 5 – 10 minutes.
3. Pour milk into the blender and add pumpkin, banana, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
4. Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
Sari Davidson-Crevin, is the founder of Booginhead, makers of Squeez’ems new screwtop reusable food pouches. Squeez’Ems are eco friendly, reusable food pouches for any pureed or blended food. They are easy to fill, clean and store as well as great for those on-the-go families! They’re perfect for all ages; from on-the-go baby food, all the way to yogurt or apple sauce in a grade school lunch. Perfect for the DIY lunch or baby food mom or kids who have food allergies as well! See Squeez’Ems reusable food pouches at www.booginhead.com. You can also like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter and Pinterest.