The 71st annual Golden Globe Awards took place on Sunday, and star parents celebrated in sophisticated style at the GBK and Pilot Pen Luxury Gift Lounge.
At this luxe pool-side affair held at L’Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills, star parents like Full House alum Candace Cameron Bure, Holly Robinson Peete, actress Kym Whitley, Scandal star Joshua Molina, and Agents of Shield actress Ming-Na Wen mingled and enjoyed gifts like a 3-night stay at St. Regis Bora Bora Resort.
Celebrity Baby Scoop also attended and chatted with stars in attendance. Mom-of-three Candace Cameron Bure shared her thoughts on 2014, the awards and what’s keeping her busy right now.
What was the actress looking forward to the most for the big awards night?
“I want to see the ladies hosting! That’s what I am looking forward to the most,” she shared.
Does she have anything that she wants to change in Year 2014?
“I haven’t thought about any resolutions….I’m not a resolution kind of girl, to be honest. I just try to live my life in the way I want to every day of the year and be committed to it always.”
She went on to share what she’s been working on.
“My book just released this week,” Candace shared. “It’s called Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose.” It sounds like a must-read for all parents!
Amidst checking out the GUARDaHEART Foundation that raises awareness of heart disease prevention, Celebrity Baby Scoop caught up with Scandal star Joshua Malina. The father-of-two, who was attending with his son, opened up about his kids.
“I have two kids,” Joshua said. “My daughter, Isabel, is about to turn sixteen, and my boy here, Avi, is about to turn twelve. My son is the athlete of the family. He’s a scholar, skater, soccer player, and currently a football player. He hasn’t caught the acting bug!”
He also shared what he loves about being a dad.
“Favorite part about being a dad? That’s hard. Being a daddy is the thing that defines me more than anything. I love all of it. I would say, as I’m here with my boy, I love just being with my kids and seeing them grow and change, and be crazy.” [laughs]
And what are his upcoming projects?
“Upcoming projects? More Scandal,” Joshua shared. ”I go back to work on Monday, as we’re halfway through season three. I also just finished a film called The Young Kieslowski, where I’ve aged into the ‘dad’ role. In this one, I’m on the verge of grandparenthood. In addition, I am about to film a pilot for TVGN—TV Guide Network, which I’m producing. It’s called Celebrity Celebrity, and it’s kind of game show-ish.”
Agents of Shield star Ming-Na Wen also stopped by to chat while checking out Sir Ike Audio’s luxury Bluetooth headphones. She shares how she balances her busy schedule while raising two kids, daughter Michaela, 13, and son Cooper, 8.
“I am a mom of two kids. I am lucky to have an amazing husband and you just have to prioritize,” the actress shared. ”Even though I’ll work fifteen hour days, even on the weekends, you just have to find the balance as best as you can. We are not alone; every working mom has to deal with it. It doesn’t matter if you are working a 9-5 job or a 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. job like I do. You just do your best and it’s really nice when you have a great partner.”
The event’s featured sponsors:
- Title sponsor Pilot Pen gifted one of their finely-crafted pens.
- Presenting sponsor airweave gifted their premium bedding.
- 100candles.com gifted their new intelliFLAME flameless candles.
- AWAKE Chocolate gifted their caffeinated milk chocolate.
- Barbar Hair Tools gifted their BARBAR 2600 Titanium Ionic Flat Iron (1.5″).
- BLOW HOOKAH gifted their Revolutionary BLOW Electronic Hookah.
- Burke Williams Spa gifted products from their exclusive skin care line, H2V.
- Coordinates Collection gifted their Gold Legend Bracelet featuring L.A.’s coordinates.
- Love With Food gifted their healthy, gluten-free snacks.
- Minerva Research Labs gifted their Pure GOLD COLLAGEN liquid food supplement.
- Rolf Bleu™ by Caryn Sterling gifted their chic and colorful cross-body iPad covers.
- SAAS Hot Sauce gifted their savory, all-purpose spicy sauce.
- Sir Ike Audio gifted their Luxury Bluetooth Audio headsets.
- St. Regis Bora Bora gifted a 4 night stay in a Deluxe Overwater Villa.