Dean McDermott Enters Rehab After Cheating Scandal

Tori Spelling Book Signing At Barnes & Noble

Dean McDermott is breaking his silence after he reportedly cheated on his wife, Beverly Hills, 90210 alum Tori Spelling, last month.

“I am truly sorry for the mistakes I have made and for the pain I’ve caused my family,” Dean tells PEOPLE in a statement Thursday.

The father-of-five goes on to say that he’s checked into rehab for “some health and personal issues.”

“I take full responsibility for my actions and have voluntarily checked myself into a treatment center to address some health and personal issues,” he adds. “I am grateful to be getting the help I need so I can become the husband and father my family deserves.”

Sources say that the reality star, 47, is receiving intense treatment, but permitted to leave and visit their four children – Liam, 6½, Stella, 5½, Hattie, 2, and Finn, 15 months – at their house. “Their priority right now is their children,” a source tells the mag. Dean is also dad to 15-year-old son Jack from a previous marriage.

On Saturday, we spotted Tori and the kids – sans Dean – in Venice, Calif.

The day after Christmas, US Weekly reported that Dean cheated on Tori with 28-year-old Emily Goodhand. ”He told me he and Tori had a sexless marriage,” says Goodhand, who stayed over at his hotel the following night too. “I believed him.”

According to Us, Goodhand claims she met Dean while he was promoting Chopped Canada in Toronto on December 6, 2013. Goodhand goes on to tell the mag they had an affair in his room at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel.

After the online reports, Tori shared a family photo – including Dean – enjoying New Year’s Eve together.

But according to a friend, ”She’s much more heartbroken than anyone realized,” a pal tells PEOPLE.

“She’s flipping out and is completely devastated. Remember early last year when the tabloids wrote something [about marriage troubles] and she blasted them on her website?” adds the friend. “Now she’s not even doing that.”

Filed under: Dean McDermott,Tori Spelling

Photo credit: FameFlynet

He’s truly sorry for the mistakes he made or sorry he got caught?

2. Jennafire

Rehab for what? Being an affluent douchebag? I don’t think there are rehabs for these types of things.

3. hmmm...

I feel really bad for tori. However, This girl he supposedly cheated with knew he was married!!! regardless if he was in a sexless marriage or not he is in a marriage!!!! Her parent should be so proud!!! pathtic!!!

• @cd

Tori patents should be “proud” also because she cheated on her ex husband with Dean knowing he was married then went and trashed talk Deans ex wife on their show.

Do I feel sorry for Tori NO I feel sorry for all the kids including Dean’s other son.

4. maryellen

once a cheater always a cheater. stupid is as stupid does tori. move on. this will never change.

Does anyone else besides me think this cheating scandal is just a publicity ploy?

• Raven

Yes!! Tori has a book out and since then she talked badly about Katie Holmes, claimed to be broke, traied to sell a sex tape and now this. It seems like Tori is doing every she can to get attention, money, public simpathy and people to buy her book.

I do believe it happen but they just decided to profit from it.

• Albus

Of course is a publicity stunt. Their ‘career’ is being an open book to the media. Her acting career is nothing now. They have to release everything that happen to them (or make it up) or else nobody will talk about them anywhere.

6. Julia

Once a cheater, always a cheater.
    She must have known

7. Joey

They are BOTH cheaters.

8. atexan

Bet he’s a sex addict. He always wanted sex from Tori. Ewwww! Karma bites, doesn’t it Tori? Ouch! Those poor kids. In the middle of such selfish parents. :(

9. theoriginal bubbles

these children look kind of demonic!

Maybe not necessarily demonic but I know what you mean. Like the way Stella always has the most miserable look on her face and such an unhappy gaze in her eyes.

10. Jen

I feel bad for these kids. They’re both cheaters, then they bring four innocent kids into the mess they made and have to deal with. And is it me or do these kids never smile or look happy?

11. Just me

Sexless marriage? That’s a great pick up line, especially having 4 kids with Tori! Anyway, you can ever trust a cheater. Tori worst nightmare finally came true!

12. Anika

What goes around comes around. Once a cheater always a cheater. Sucks to be tori right now

13. v-girl

every man is a sex addict lol

14. Dionne

Maybe this is a ploy to get on a that rehab show or something “reality TV” related.

15. Mel In STL

You reap what you sow. They were both married to other people when they first hooked up. So now it should be a shock that he is still a cheater?! For those who say it sucks to be Tori, um no. She chose to be with someone elses husband and then is surprised when he doesn’t take his vows seriously? Those poor kids! That’s who we should be worried for.

I don’t feel bad for Tori. I don’t want to sound cruel but like many others have already said, both Tori and Dean were married to other people when they decided to hook up. They were inconsiderate and selfish and cheated on their spouses with each other. Now, Tori is reaping what she has sown. They always say you lose em’ how you get em’.

17. News Hound

I smell a publicity stunt for two people who were going broke and now have an instant platform to make $ and get attention. She tried to sell, ‘perfect, happy family’ and no one was interested, now, they’re interested

• Raven

Don’t for get the sextape and we’re so broke story they were trying to sell first. They really have no shame which makes you feel in even more for those kids.

18. Groovey

They “both” cheated on their spouses when they hooked-up, then Tori treated Mary Jo terrible… Mary Jo didn’t deserve it. Once a cheater always a cheater… now Tori can feel what Mary Jo felt. Karma!!! Dean is very “selfish” and is only thinking of “his” own needs. Time to grow up and be a responsible parent. You have 5 kids. Feel very sorry for those kids.

Mom and Dad faking happy smiles and the most glum kids you’re ever going to see. It’s one thing to cheat and marry a cheater, it’s another thing to drag a bunch of poor sad little children into it. These two need to get their s together.