Lauren Holly: Why I Raise My Kids In Canada

111_4848-2

While she had us laughing hysterically as Mary Swanson in Dumb and DumberLauren Holly is now keeping audiences on the edge of their seats as Dr. Betty Rogers in the CTV television drama, Motive.

Lauren opens up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about the upcoming second season of her hit police drama. She goes on to talk about raising her three sons - Azer, 13, George, 12, and Henry, 11 – in Canada, and her idea of a perfect Valentine’s Day.

CBS: You’re filming the second season of Motive. What do you think accounts for the show’s success?

LH: “I think the unusual order of events, the audience knows the killer from the beginning, is what makes the show different and interesting.”

CBS: Anything we should look forward to with your character Dr. Betty Rogers?

LH: “Dr. B and Angie develop more of a relationship. As the season unfolds, they need each other more than ever.”

CBS: Has the role made you look at death differently?

LH: “No, but it does remind me of the feeling I had as a kid at my first funeral viewing – the body was like an empty shell.”

CBS: You moved to Canada with your family. What is the main difference you notice between the neighboring countries?

LH: “I really wanted to raise my boys in a place where ‘celebrity’ wasn’t important, and where I could be closer to where I grew up (upstate NY). I love it here — it reminds me of my childhood. It seems more open minded and inclusive, and I love the seasons. This winter has been the hardest to deal with so far though. How long until tulips?? [laughs].”

CBS: What is it like raising three boys?

LH: “Life NEVER slows down [laughs]. I feel so loved, as do they. We are quite a team.”

CBS: If we asked them what kind of a mom you are, what would they tell us?

LH: “Probably tough – I have a lot of rules – but also fun and spontaneous.”

CBS: What do you like to do when you’re all hanging out together?

LH: “Either we pick a fun activity for the day like going out on ATVs, go carts, or skiing. Or we stay in PJs, make popcorn and watch movies.”

CBS: What is a typical day like for you?

LH: “Up early. Always hot breakfast, and we all eat together even though there are three departure times to three different schools. While they are in school, I run around and do errands, have auditions, workout – whatever needs to get done. Mondays and Fridays friends come home with them from school; Tuesdays one takes singing. Wednesdays and Saturdays they all play lacrosse (this season). Thursdays they all have music lessons – the singer is lead guitar, then I have a bass player and a drummer (they say NO chance of a boy band,). Since every other day is a crazy pace, Sunday is veg day.”

CBS: Tell us about one of your upcoming movie Hoovey

LH: “I love this movie! It is a true story about a family that not only has to deal with a health scare, but then the ensuing financial drain. So many know this story too well, unfortunately. Still, the ending is so uplifting.”

CBS: You’re also in the upcoming film, Field of Lost Shoes. What was it like working with costar David Arquette?

LH: “I didn’t get to work with him, but I am so honored to be in the same movie with him. It is another true and amazing story from U.S. history.”

CBS: You’ve been in a lot of dramas – any desire to do a comedy again?

LH: “Yes! I miss it. I try to put a few laughs in everything I do.”

CBS: What’s your favorite way to spend Valentine’s Day?

LH: “Cozy with a box of chocolates on my lap [laughs].”

Filed under: Exclusives,Featured,Lauren Holly

Photo credit: Babak

1. SMH

Is the kid on the far right wearing a hat that says b*tch? If so classy :-/

2. Paige

New home and a NEW face !!! it don’t even look lauren holly

You’re raising your kids in Canada because you were offered a job there, after failing to get an acting job here. Usually people live and work in the same country.

You’ve got It all backwards. Canadians move here. Americans rarely move there.
    That’s what several Canadians said to me when I moved to Toronto with my Canuck hubby a few years ago.

Needless to say, I quickly learned why that is. And it’s not only the rampant anti-Americanism. I returned home after only 18 EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE months.

Ms. Holly and her handsome son’s will soon receive rude awakenings, and return home. Mark my words.

• As Is

Speak for yourself as a Canadian/American with Dual citizenship I choose to live in Canada.

• Anon

Um. This is an extremely biased POV. I actually know… Hardly anyone, who wants to move to the USA. But we do love to travel there.

It can be expensive, sure, but is very comparable to the USA. Just step down from your pedestal. I’m sorry you had a bad experience but holy crap, this country is not at all a bad place to live in. A helluva lot less crime than some places. Stable gov’t. Great education system. Calm down.

4. Bec

It because America is full of gun toting fat people with low education standards. Seriously do they do anything other than eat rubbish food, and shot elementary schools? No one like America

• Jessica

I can’t tell if this statement is meant to be sarcastic or not. The grammar, spelling mistakes, and extreme bias makes it difficult to determine. If it’s honest, then I can’t help but say something.

1. I’m not fat, I eat well, and I go to the gym.
      2. I don’t have a gun, gun permit, etc.
      3. I am a product of public school and went on to get a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree at an excellent university.
      4. I teach in an award-winning public school with very high standards.
      5. I live one town away from Sandy Hook and I find it reprehensible that you would reference that tragedy with such callousness. You also forget that when ONE person committed an unspeakable crime at that school, millions of people across the nation responded to support our community.

If you want to see overweight, gun-toting, uneducated Americans, then you can find them. But why do you want to see that? Generalizations, stereotypes, and prejudices are the marks of a small mind. And those small minds exist in every country in the world.

5. Pingback: Evening Feeding: The Working Mom Problem No One Is Talking About - Mommyish

6. Jessica

Calm down, folks. Patriotic Americans will defend America and patriotic Canadian will defend Canada. Well done on the patriotism, folks. I don’t care that Lauren Holly lives in Canada. I kind of care, even though it’s not my place to, that her 12 year old son is wearing a cap that says ‘B*TCH’.

I know, I know, he’s not my kid. The anons out there don’t need to remind me of that. It’s just my personal opinion that the hat is very inappropriate for a child of that age to wear, with or without mom’s approval.

7. xyzc

CACANADA, ONE OF THE WORST COUNTRIES EVER….