Simon Cowell Welcomes First Child: Eric

Simon Cowell & Pregnant Lauren Silverman Out Shopping In St. Barts ***SEE RESTRICTIONS***

Congratulations are in order for Simon Cowell and his girlfriend Lauren Silverman.

The X Factor judge, 54, and the Manhattan socialite, 36 , welcomed their first child together – a son named Eric – on Friday, February 14.

The proud new papa took to Twitter to announce their happy news.

He added: “Lauren in great shape. Thanks for all of your kind messages. Named after my dad.”

In July, the couple announced their surprising pregnancy news — Lauren was married to Cowell’s close friend, Andrew Silverman. In December, the Silvermans, who have an 8-year-old son together, finalized their divorce.

“It was kind of uncomfortable. You know, the situation. But these things happen and everything is kind of calm now and I’m happy,” Cowell said during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Filed under: Births,Simon Cowell

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Anabelle

I’m guessing it was by scheduled c-section. They seem the sort to arrange the birthday for a media-friendly date. x

2. Joey

At least they actually picked a real name.

3. Cam

What a nice, classic name!

4. Laura

His full name is Eric Philip Cowell. Eric after Simon’s father.

5. theoriginal bubbles

I think the “socialite” forgot that she has another child. strangely all the cozy artsy black and white pictures didn’t include big brother, but the smiley cashcow.ugh

• congrats

Every baby deserves their own moment to shine. There are plenty of time for sibling pics. Plus, fortunately for her other child, the media isn’t interested in him. At least he gets to grow up normal and out of the spotlight.

6. Pingback: Simon Cowell Introduces Newborn Son | Celebrity Baby Scoop

7. I will be your boy friend
    Yes I will be your girl freind
    Love to have you