Sarah Jessica Parker Blasts Twitter User On “Vulgar Tweet”

Sarah Jessica Parker takes Marion and Tabitha to school

Sarah Jessica Parker jumped puddles with her 4-year-old twins Tabitha and Loretta while walking them to school on Monday (March 31). The actress later went shopping at the gourmet food store Citarella.

On Thursday (April 3) – Parker showed how upset she was at self-described “relationship expert” Sarah J. Symonds on Twitter. Apparently Symonds – author of Having an Affair? A Handbook for the Other Woman – made a comment on how Parker’s children don’t look like her.

That caused the Sex and the City star to tweet: “Your anonymity doesn’t diminish your outrageous and vulgar tweet. And your deletion only reveals your cowardice. @SarahJSymonds.”

She added, I’m certain there isn’t a woman on this planet who would support your specific kind of cruelty. No apology, no explanation. @SarahJSymonds.”

The 49-year-old also followed up with the messages, “You should be ashamed @SarahJSymonds. I hope more people join me in voicing their objection to and holding accountable… (cont) and “…uninformed and unkind women like yourself who find pleasure and delight in attacking other women. @SarahJSymonds.”

Parker thanked her supporters before the end of the night.

“Before I go to sleep I want to thank everyone for coming to my defense today. I didnt relish the opportunity to publicly reprimand. But the words tossed so casually about my children and their provenance I could not abide. Nor are they true.”

Filed under: Marion Broderick,Sarah Jessica Parker,Tabitha Broderick

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. heather

My son looks nothing like me and I watched him come out of me…..does that mean maybe he is not mine???

Sarah Symonds is ridiculous.

• Lane

It appears to me that one daughter looks like Matthew and the other looks like Sarah. However, just because you have a child does not always mean they are going to look like the parent. Genetically the child could look like a grandparent, aunt or uncle or a combination of both parents..

• Jenn

I thought the same thing. I think one twin looks like SJP and the other like her Dad. They really just look like a combination of them. And everyone is right, who cares? Children come out looking who they look like. I mean, what would this Sarah Symonds think about kids who are adopted? Are they “less” because they don’t look like their parents?! Give me break. I think SJP is a class act and I understand her response. Maybe because she had a surrogate it touches an extra sensitive nerve with her and she felt the need to write more. Either way she’s a mom and is there to protect her kids from unwarranted nastiness, and that’s what she did. With class, as always!

2. Whoever

I don’t know who Sarah J. Symonds is, but I do know that she’s a nasty bitch.

3. maryellen

my kids look NOTHING like me, or my husband really. What does that have to do with anything??? My kids are mine, and i know it, genetics are weird, and just because kids don’t look just like their parents means nothing. What an ignorant comment made by sarah j symonds!! Never heard of her before today – hope to never hear of her again. I think SJP’s girls look like her. One looks a lot like the older brother and the other more like her. weird that this woman would make such a comment. people are weird.

SJP shouldn’t of given this woman any kind of response. It’s crazy that she would even take notice of anything said about her on the internet….. I mean, she’s rich and she seemingly has a healthy/happy little family, and people are gonna talk no matter what. By responding, she basically just opened the door for an onslaught of abuse from total strangers because now people know their words can really get to her.

If I were famous I would stay as far away from places like twitter.

5. Leila

There’s a rotten apple in every barrel and this is the one. Public forums are an invitation for brazen and rude assumptive behavior as evidenced here.

6. Minfhefe

Well, SJP was really upset, so perhaps the surrogacy with the twins was not that easy for her.
    Even if her daughters were not genetically liked to her, she is still their mother.
    That being said, my son doesn’t look like me either.

7. Alisa

wow – what a jerk! Some random person tweeted their personal opinion, then she went off on them and even went so far as to use her celebrity status to rally others to bully this woman? If she can’t take critical comments, maybe she should not have taken a job that would put her in the public eye.

• Whoever

I disagree completely. People’s comments are not without repercussions. If that woman (whoever she is) can’t take comments that are critical of HER comments, maybe she should not have posted her stupid comment in a public forum.

8. Pingback: Sarah Jessica Parker & Twins: A Spring In Their Steps

9. darla

I agree with Sarah this accusation from an idiot blogger is vindictive and malicious. It’s nobody’s business who the children resembles. They are BOTH SARAH AND MATHEWS DAUGHTER and they are both beautiful children. So F***k off loser.