Joe Francis & Girlfriend Abbey Wilson Expecting Twin Girls

Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 9.05.40 PM

Girls Gone Wild creator Joe Francis and his girlfriend Abbey Wilson are expecting twin girls.

Francis, 40, told US Weekly, “We both wanted girls and we wanted them to be healthy and free of genetic diseases so we chose to do IVF.”

Wilson, 26, added, “I have always heard women say you just know when you are pregnant and I totally understand that now.  Your body, smell, sensitivity and cravings all change and mine did from day one. I found out shortly after a blood test confirmed the results and called Joe immediately, we were both screaming and so loud with excitement from each end of the phone!”

Francis chimed in, “We chose to have girls. I believe people will finally understand my love, respect and admiration for women. I love girls.”

Francis spoke about telling Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick the baby news and revealed, “Kourtney [Kardashian] and Scott [Disick] were the first in the Kardashian family we told and they have already given us so much amazing advice.”

Wilson also shared, “Mario (Lopez) and Courtney Lopez took us baby shopping at Bel Bambini, and Mario is now coaching Joe on fatherhood!”

Designing the nursery is already in the plans.

Francis said. “We’re hoping for some advice from our good friend, designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard!”

Filed under: Expecting,Joe Francis

Photo credit: Instagram

1. kim

Here’s hoping they go wild. Karma’s a b*t*h.

2. Jenn

How do you choose to have girls?

• Betty

Since they did IVF they did Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and selective embryo transfer.

• Em

Choose to have your sperm sorted by gender. Then they only implant the “hopefully” sorted girl embryos and pray they stick! To each their own I suppose! Congrats to them tho.

• Kinky

Sperm carrying the X and Y chromosomes weigh different amounts. The X is heavier so they are able to centrifuge the two apart and then use only the X chromosomes to create the child.

3. Vicki

The must have done preimplantation genetic testing or something. …which I can’t believe he’s being so open about. Thought it wasn’t considered ethical to select on gender.

4. BB

interesting, i never knew people could just “choose” IVF over trying to get pregnant naturally… a bit scary to think you can now gender select. Pretty sure this isn’t allowed in Australia.

I’m SURE it IS allowed in Australia, especially for the WEALTHY who aren’t stuck with your public healthcare system. Many for options are available for those with desires that match their means.

Yes my dear, ……. even in Australia.

• christine

Australia’s public health care system is far, far superior to anything we have here in the States.

Some countries ban sex selection during IVF. Don’t know whether Australia is one of those countries, but it could be. Yes, the wealthiest people can always travel to the US to have things things done, though, of course.

• Ashley

Actually gender selection is still illegal in UK, Australia and New Zealand.

Only some places in the USA will offer it at their clinics. They do allow international couples to gender select if they visit though.

There was one story about an Aussie couple who had seven boys and wanted a girl, they went to states to gender select. They had a girl and then went back a second time and got a second daughter.

5. Yuck .

6. Bink

Wait ’til he has twin newborns…he’ll know the real meaning of “Girls Gone Wild” !

7. amanda

Designer babies are here!!!!

He’s a disgusting sick pervert and who has been charged with sexual assault many times and it really creeps me out that he’s having kids let alone girls.

9. Courtney

why would a healthy woman her age need IVF in the first place I get it if you’ve had surgery in there after a late term miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy and have trouble conceiving or if there is other medical reasons. as for gender it doesn’t matter and it’s natural to want the other gender when you’ve had a few of one like Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward admitted to wanting a boy when they had their youngest daughter in April 1965 after two girls and the younger two from his first marriage also being girls or Faith Hill & Tim McGraw have admitted similar things after having three daughters though Faith has also said her intuition told her that if she did ever conceive again she’d have twin girls and since their youngest was born two months early they weren’t willing to risk that. lets hope Abbey doesn’t deliver early as multiples are notorious for coming prematurely

10. Hayjay

OH MY GOODNESS! THAT CAT IS BEAUTIFUL!! Absoloutly stunning

11. Sophia

Haha “respect” for women… totally. Poor babies.

12. SMH

My first thought was – l totally want the cat. Looks bengal mixed with savannah mixed with domestic. Someone l know has a savannah cat and its friendly but alot of energy!

13. Msmia

Wow. A lot of name dropping in that article from the two of them. Gross.

14. Holly

They don’t “weigh” the sperm(silliest thing I ever heard). They do something called PGD which stands for ‘Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnostics’. When the eggs are removed they are tested for quality. They are then mixed with sperm and tested again 6 days after fertilization. At that point they can tell whether it is a girl or boy, whether it has chromosomal abnormalities and whether it has any possible inherited diseases. They choose the best quality embryos(and in this case girl embryos) and put them back into the uterus, hoping they implant. The other embryos(if there are any left) will either be frozen, donated or destroyed as per the parent’s discretion. If they are frozen, one of the parents actually has to sign custody papers for them.

I’ve done IVF five times and PGD once so I’m pretty sure this is accurate.

I sure do hope they tested the embryos for douchiness because there is no doubt he carries that gene.

15. kim

Let’s hope they go wild. Karma’s a b*t*h.

16. Amani

I’m just assuming , given her age, she had I.V.F
    so they could choose the gender. My knowledge about gender selection is that there is ALOT of post conception screening and done . The M.D needs to be sure the reasons are well validated. For e.g. someone above said a couple had 7 boys and wanted a girl , given that they passed psych evals that’s understandable. But this is their FIRST pregnancy and he’s a perverted felon scumbag who made millions exploiting GIRLS!! Amazing what money can buy! I heard Kathy Lee Gifford did this with her second about 20 years ago. She only wanted 2 kids and her firstborn was a son so she had old Frank’s sperms spun so she could get her girl ! She never admitted it but apparently it’s true. I think gender selection is pushing it a bit.what’s next…picking eye color ? Give me a break!! Joe Francis being a father to girls or boys makes me want to barf!

17. heather

I think it’s their choice how they conceive and why.

18. Donna Davis

Wrong, just plain and simply wrong. If you want a baby you should love it unconditionally whether it is a boy or girl, healthy or has health issues. Of course we all want a healthy child, but I don’t think any of us would choose to not love our child because of any “imperfections” it has. Wouldn’t it be ironic if these babies are born early and because of their prematurity end up with health issues anyway?

19. JesicaR

joe francis is a scum bag- any woman who’d choose to be with him isnt any better. I think its sad for this girl to be so young and choosing ivf literally for no good reason