Angelina Jolie Covers ELLE

ELLE June Cover EMBARGOED UNTIL 5.7.14

Actress Angelina Jolie, 38, graces the cover of ELLE magazine’s June 2014 issue. Inside – the mom-of-six opens up about life with Brad Pitt, the kids, wedding plans, and starring in Disney’s divinely evil film Maleficent.

On what she thought her life would be like: “I never thought I’d have children, I never thought I’d be in love, I never thought I’d meet the right person,” Jolie says. “Having come from a broken home—you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don’t look for them.”

On how her relationship with Brad Pitt has evolved: “You get together and you’re two individuals and you feel inspired by each other, you challenge each other, you complement each other, drive each other beautifully crazy. After all these years, we have history—and when you have history with somebody, you’re friends in such a very real, deep way that there’s such a comfort, and an ease, and a deep love that comes from having been through quite a lot together.”

On casting her daughter Vivienne in Maleficent and how she and Pitt feel about the kids getting into show business:  “For young Aurora, they needed a child who wouldn’t be fazed by the Mistress of All Evil hissing “I don’t like children” in her face. “And my little Vivienne—we call her my shadow, because there’s nothing I can do to shake her. I can be tired, I can be grumpy, I can be in a terrible mood, and she doesn’t care. It’s ‘Mommy, Mommy,’ and she’ll cling to me,” Jolie says. “We knew that she would still do that thing, she’d still smile at me and insist that I pick her up. So we couldn’t really cast anybody else.” Pax and nine-year-old Zahara (or ZZ, as Jolie calls her) also appear in the film, in cameos in the christening/cussing scene. (No Shiloh, however. “I asked Shiloh about being Aurora, and she laughed in my face,” Jolie says, with evident pride. “She said she’d be a horned creature.”) But don’t expect a repeat engagement. “Brad and I made the decision that we wouldn’t keep them from sets and the fun of making movies, but we wouldn’t [glorify it either]—we wouldn’t make it a good thing or a bad thing. But I would really prefer they do something else,” she says. Anyway, “after two days of it, Brad and I were so stressed we never wanted to do it again.”

The full interview can be found exclusively in ELLE’s June issue, available on the digital newsstand now, and on newsstands in select cities starting May 13, and nationwide on May 20. For more exclusive sneak peeks throughout the month follow @ELLEmagazine on Twitter and @elleusa on Instagram.

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Featured

Photo credit: Hedi Slimane for ELLE

Please stop “opening up”, miss Jolie. I don’t care about any of your opinions, your family life, and more importantly, I don’t care about your career. You come off as totally disingenuous/fake. I hope Maleficent will be a critical and commercial failure. I don’t think this woman has any real passion for acting and she’s a godawful writer/director.

• amanda

Why, is it that the cheating title of Homewreker doesn’t follow her around, and Brad for that matter, because he is a cheater too. It’s Angelina Jolie, it’s fine for her to ruin someone’s marriage, an the stigma with that doesn’t follow her around, like it does others.

• SMH

You chose to read the article. You could simply move on but deep down you stopped to comment so you must care. Angie did an interview for a magazine to promote her new film and the people conducting the interviews will always ask personal questions. They do it w every celeb interview! I happen to think angie and brad are a petfect match and anyone that is still stuck on him and jen need to pull away from the 90′s and get over it!!!

• Sarah

You don’t care that’s why you took the time to read the interview and make a comment.

@ Amanda what are you talking about no one mention it?

• SiervaMaria

You are a sad state of affairs.

• Sophia

Well if ‘Anonymous’ doesn’t care then she may as well stop booking movies, photoshoots and interviews! How has anyone ever succeeded in life without your undying adoration and approval, Your Highness??

2. Siisele

Why doesn’t she talk a out her first husband Jonny Lee Miller from Elementary show!
    They met on the set of a movie too! She should be in Afghanastan right now helping all the displaced people that lost their homes. But no she is in her million $ mansion not helping the country ! Sorrybut I do not like her !

• Jessica

Lol wait what?! She does more good in this world than you ever will!!! Your sitting in your home, why aren’t you out there helping and volunteering in other countries as well as your own?! You’re very ignorant and hateful.

• Katie

Here you are setting on you a** b*tching about what she should being yet why aren’t you in Afghanastan helping the displaced people?

From your comment alone I don’t think much of you.

• Ella

@ Jessica: I believe all that good she does is purely for publicity. Celebrity’s like Johnny Carson, for example, did a ton of good throughout his career and barely anyone knew the extent of his charity work till he died… because he didn’t milk it for publicity! And how dare you question a total stranger on the good they’ve done or are doing for charity, shame on you!

“She does more good in this world than you ever will!!! Your sitting in your home, why aren’t you out there helping and volunteering in other countries as well as your own?! You’re very ignorant and hateful.”

How the hell would you know weather or not Siisele or anyone on here do volunteer work!? It’s pretty pathetic that people like you feel the need to defend an actress against negative opinions from other strangers on the internet. Guess what, an actress that you like is not liked by everyone on the planet… shocking, I know!

The only hateful thing(s) on here are your comments Jessica and Katie.

• Katie

@Elle

Lol I just have to laugh at your comment your a total hypocrite . Do you know Angelina personally? So how can you question a total stranger on the good they’ve done and are doing for charity.

It’s also pathetic that you feel the need to defend another poster against comment from people who disagree with them.

Ella

Wow your really slow you do know that it’s the job of a UN ambassador to bring attention to these causes right.

Like Charlize Theron bring attention to AiDS in South Africa, Jen Garner bring attention childhood hunger , Ben Affleck and Matt Damon bring attention UNHCR, Congo do you also believe all of these people to it for attention are just Angelina?

• Jessica

Actually she does many volunteer trips privately and not in the public eye. Yes she talks about some of her trips and issues she takes care of but that’s because her title as an ambassador is to make these issues known!!!

I understand people don’t have to like her, but you don’t need to demoralize what she does as a humanitarian due to not liking her.

• SiervaMaria

But no one cares that you don’t like her! You are how old? Why would she talk about her first husband? Does her first husband talk about her? Again; “you are how old?” As for your obvious lack of awareness of her VAST altruism (look it up), you DO realize the magazine interview didn’t just happen right? Why am I even wasting my time on you……

Wow I see the heaters are out today.lol

4. Kelly23

Wow she really is beartyfull and this was a great interview. I could tell from pictures I’ve seen of Vivienne that she a mommy girl.

Haters are going to hate.

5. Anna

Gorgeous cover ! Love her.

6. Someone

She looks absolutely stunning!

7. miguel

Me encanta esta mujer, y toda su familia

8. mrs. trumbell

beautiful beautiful cover!! i miss her editorial photoshoots. she’s so ridiculously photogenic, more than most professional models even.

9. Elinor

Sheesh, who left the the gate open at the bitch asylum? Calm down kids.

10. M

Haha… I believe it’s one and the same troll going on overdrive… some kind of PMS blues, I suppose. Bitterness in full force. You’ll never be Angelina Jolie. There. Lol.