Happy 10th Birthday Gosselin Sextuplets

Kate Gosselin continues her day out with her 8 children at the natural springs in Rotorua

Names (in birth order): Alexis Faith, Hannah Joy, Aaden Jonathan, Collin Thomas, Leah Hope & Joel Kevin Gosselin

Date of Birth: May 10, 2004

Parents: Jon & Kate Gosselin

Siblings: Twin sisters Madelyn & Cara, 12

Facts:

♥ The sextuplets were born in Hershey, Pennsylvania

♥ Kate conceived the children via fertility treatment

♥ The sextuplets were born 10 weeks premature and, as a result, had to be placed on ventilators.

♥ The birth weight of the sextuplets are as follows: Alexis – 2 pounds, 11.5 ounces, 15 inches long, Hannah – 2 pounds, 11 ounces, 13.8 inches long, Aaden  – 2 pounds, 7.5 ounces, 13 inches long, Collin -  3 pounds, .5 ounces, 15 inches long, Leah  – 2 pounds, 14.8 ounces, 15.4 inches long, & Joel  – 2 pounds, 9.7 ounces, 15.4 inches long

♥ The babies were delivered by a team of more than 75 -  six color-coded, letter-coded resuscitation teams, one for each baby

♥ According to her book, Kate revealed that very early in the pregnancy there were seven embryos, but one did not develop

♥ The Gosselin children appeared on television for the first time on the Discovery channel special Surviving Sextuplets and Twins in 2005 and became reality stars with their parents on Jon & Kate Plus 8

♥ In 2009, their parents’ divorced

Quotes:

“Each baby had, I believe, a doctor and three nurses. I took a head count in the room and there were 27 people. But outside of the room, there was the rest. There was a second room with three baby-like cradles for each of the babies, a, b, and c. Then d, e, and f were in the operating room. Everything went very smoothly.” – papa Jon on the birth of his babies.

“Celebrating this birthday always makes me cry…tears of special memories and joy! I got a healthy ‘full set’ — I know I’m unbelievably blessed!” – Kate on her 6 kiddos.

“I laugh at them all the time. They are just so cute that I can’t help it!” Kate on her children.

“I feel most happy when we are getting ready for church on Sunday mornings. It is a ritual that works and goes smoothly—for the most part—and I love when our routines are down to a science.” – Kate on her favorite family ruitual.

Filed under: Birthdays

Photo credit: AKM-GSI

1. olivia

i love the gosselins, she is a great mother, and the kids are very well behaved

2. Janice

The twins are 13, they will be 14 in October.

3. Hope

I thought the sextuplets were turning 11 this year.. I do know the twins are already 13!

4. olivia

the twins are already 13, they will be 14 in october

5. Christie

It should be illegal to artificially get women pregnant with so many babies at once.
    There is no way to care for the babies properly and give them the love and attention they need. Not to mention the incredible medical costs that then get passed on to others. Completely irresponsible and selfish.

• LaKesha

Yet, she has done it.

• Christie

The fact that all the children are still living doesn’t mean that they have had their emotional needs met. Imagine them as infants, all wanting to be held and loved. They all needed major medical intervention and nicu time because they were born so early. So much pain and suffering for baboes born that early at 2 lbs. For no other reason than that their mother decided to get pregnant with 7 embryos at once.

6. savannah

you can say the same for the dugger. i don’t care what people said there is no way both parents can give love and attention to 19 kids individually.

7. beetee

I dont care what you say about this woman. To bring up 6 kids the same age wow! that takes some balls. Well done Kate! It can’t be easy

Lol well done you act like she did it by herself which she didn’t, Jon, her bother, sister in-law, church volunteer, nannies, TLC and many more help her.

8. Anon

I just can’t believe they are 10 years old now.