Jaime King Reveals 5 Miscarriages, 5 Rounds of IVF

jaime_king

Hart of Dixie star Jaime King is opening up about her struggles with fertility.

The actress, 35, took to Instagram Friday and explained the painful lengths she went to in order to get pregnant with her son James, now 9 months.

“For all the women out there who think they are alone in this #youarenotalone #ihavetobebravetosupportothers #realtalkhatterrifiesus,” she captioned a picture of the long note.

In the note, Jaime revealed that she spent eight years struggling with infertility before welcoming her firstborn child.

“8 yrs of pain & undiagnosed PSOC [Polycystic ovary syndrom] & Endometriosis,” she wrote. “5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF [In vitro fertilization], 26 IUIs [Intrauterine insemination], most with no outcome, 4-1/2 years of trying to conceive, 26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home.”

While this is the first in-depth explanation of her health condition, in May she spoke with ABC News about her struggles.

“This baby was a long time in the making and I feel like the universe put a little extra magic dust in him,” she shared. “He’s like the happiest, most joyful, social and loving [baby].”

Filed under: Featured,Jaime King

Photo credit: Instagram

1. Pingback: Jaime King Reveals 5 Miscarriage, 5 Rounds of IVF | iPaparazz

2. Scooter

Congratulations on your baby blessing. Perhaps adoption might be a good choice for you in the future.

3. ann

brave woman. i am impressed by her strength!

4. As one IVF parent to another, all the best! We also had 5 failed IVF attempts and the 6th was a success with the most beautiful little baby girl. We wish you the very best and enjoy!

5. SiervaMaria

My cousin had one last opportunity and after failure after failure her identical twins+one=The Supremes (as they’re referred to) turned 6 last week.

6. I cannot imagine the heartache that comes with 8 yrs of trying and 5 miscarriages. I’m about to start my second round of IVF. My mom has terminal cancer…and I want desperately to make her a grandma. Summary of my journey: http://www.fertilityauthority.com/blog/megan-dewitt/2014/7/24/my-journey-ivf-cycle-number-two

7. carolyn Bank

it is almost five months now since i order a pregnancy spell cast on me on Facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye) i saw in a website on how he help a couple to get pregnant and i contacted him which i started seeing changes on my body since the first week of last 4 months and i am 18 weeks gone and i am carrying my own baby in my womb i am so happy that i finally got pregnant after all i have been through. contact him for any problems you are having, he will surely provide you a solution, All thanks be to him