Megan Fox: “It’s So Hard To Be A Working Mom”

Megan Fox at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sports Awards 2014 at Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles

Mom-of-two Megan Fox hits the big screen Aug. 8 in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The actress, 28, sat down with The Stir and chats about the joys of motherhood and her two sons: Noah, 22 months, and Bodhi, 5 months.

On feeling ‘like a mom’: I’ll have these moments like the other day — three days ago actually — I was holding Bodhi, and Noah was running around. I was trying to manage both of them because my husband wasn’t feeling well. My sister was with me, and we were talking. We were having some sort of theological discussion and Bodhi peed through his diaper and onto me. I was so exhausted that I didn’t even bother looking for a wipe to clean me up. I just checked his clothes to make sure they weren’t wet and they weren’t. I was soaking wet, but I just let it air dry. That’s how you know you have so many children that you just … I was too tired to be bothered with cleaning up my clothes or even my hands. I was just like eh, f–k it. My priority is making sure he’s fine, and if he’s fine, then whatever. I’ve been peed on, I’ve been pooped on. That’s sort of one of those moments when you realize how much your life has changed — especially for me because, once upon a time, I was a germaphobe! The idea of that would have like sent me hiding under the covers. Now I just embrace it and wear it, and it is what it is.”

On how motherhood changes you: “From the moment I gave birth and when I was in the hospital with him, even when he would sleep, I wouldn’t sleep. I would wake up every 10 minutes and look at him just to make sure he was still breathing. I think that was the first time I was just like, I love something so much that I will never be the same again. I will never be relaxed again because I will always be worried about him and hoping he’s OK and safe and happy.”

On juggling work and motherhood: “I’ve never been an extraordinarily ambitious girl or career-oriented but — especially when I got pregnant with my first son and now my second — it’s so hard to be a working mom, especially when your heart is not in your work, when your heart is with your family. I have to work sometimes! I have to make at least one movie a year because I have to have a future and I have to be able to pay their way through college and be able to provide for them whatever they need in the future. I do need to work, and I do need to leave them. What that comes down to in terms of making movies is I’m looking for movies that shoot in Los Angeles — there are very few of them. I’m looking for movies or projects where I’m part of the ensemble so I can shoot in and out in 10 to 20 days. It’s all about time and trying to spend as little time away from my kids as possible.”

On having two kids under 2: “It’s total chaos, obviously! Before you have kids, you really do not understand how much work it is and how consuming it is. Then you have one and you’re like, my baby is my whole world — especially if you’re trying to do it yourself. Every moment of the day is dedicated to this one baby. And then all of a sudden, you have two babies. What they need is so different. When I’m alone with them, it’s really hard to manage because I also don’t let them watch TV. It’s not like I’m going to set Noah in front of the television so I can take care of Bodhi. I have to figure out how to incorporate Noah into the process and have him help me take care of Bodhi, and make sure he doesn’t get jealous, and nobody’s neglected, and everybody’s needs are being met! It’s difficult to manage that way, but also emotionally, I think for me at least as a mom, it’s hard because I don’t feel like I’m ever giving either one of them 100 percent of my attention or 100 percent of myself, so I carry a lot of guilt. Do they each understand how special they are and how much I love them and are they understanding that they’re unique? It’s hard to make each one feel like an individual when you have to raise them together and manage them together all the time.”

For more from Megan, head to The Stir….

Filed under: Megan Fox

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

That’s how you know you have so many children that you just

So many kids? She has 2. SMH.

2. courtney

Ms Fox needs to shut up she’s insufferable and ignorant besides she doesn’t do most of her child care nannies do. you never heard actual actresses like Joanne Woodward be so vocal about missing their kids when they were away working because they usually took their kids along with a nanny and tutors. granted Megan is nowhere near the caliber of Star Ms Woodward was

• Lizzie

Megan is rarely seen out and about, how on earth do you know that nannies are doing most of her child care? She probably does have help but you aren’t inside of her home watching everything that is going on.

3. You know what is really hard? A working single mom who barely makes enough to pay the bills or put food on the table. Yet with all this stress you still have to be the best mom you can be. Thats hard Megan

4. Heather

I think it’s hard being a working mom no matter what your job is. And no matter who is watching your kids. It’s still where your mind is all day and still hard to leave. You still worry about not being there with your child.

5. Veronica

We get it, Courtney: You hate Megan. Now please, take your hate elsewhere.

Just like Heather said, being a working mom is hard no matter what your job is, so she has an opinion and the right to share it. I love to see her like this. She looks genuinely happy with herself, her family and her life.

• Anonymous9

Courtney doesn’t hate Megan; Courtney hates anybody who isn’t Joanne Woodward. Courtney doesn’t like to limit herself to hating just one person.

• Veronica

Ha! So she/he’s just a troll, eh?

• NYCMommy

I dont think Courtney is a troll. she is just a fan of old days in hollywood. :) why call anyone a troll? Everyone can have their own opinion and hers was not very harsh. Def not troll calling worthy. She also is a fan of other old Hollywoord actresses not just Joanne Woodward (AKA Mrs. Paul Newman for you younger crowd).

• Sophia

Haha so true. Some of my first memories of this site involve Courtney and her very vocal, undying love of Joanne Woodward. It’s amazing how almost every other celebrity mother can somehow be compared and related back to that one actress. Who’d have thought!

6. Madeleine

Ever since Megan had kids all she do it complain.she hasn’t been in any movie or t.v show. I think mutant ninja turtles was the last movie she did.

7. SMH

Hmm well she isn’t that great of an actress she could just give that up. I am a believer some people just get roles be of how they look not so much how they act.

Being a mom is hard whether it’s 1,2,3 or 10 kids. It’s work. The hardest job in the world. Sounds like complaining but she is probably just venting.

• Amylee

The truth is she wasn’t getting work so she had to crawl back to Michael Bay begged for a job. The same man who she said made her put on butty shorts and bra and wash his car for a part in Transformers.

8. Jax

I actually like Megan more now that she’s had kids. I think it’s pretty cool she shares her life like this. I find one child pretty hands on/demanding, I give a round of applause to people who have 2+. She’s probably still figuring out how to adjust her life of a family of three to a family of four. Maybe her husband doesn’t do jack. I’d be pissed about that too.

9. Pingback: Megan Fox & Brian Austin Green's Flyguy