Good news for father-of-six Brad Pitt.
The Allied star, 52, has been cleared of child abuse allegations by the Los Angeles Country Department of Children and Family Services, E! News reports.
A spokesperson for Pitt’s soon-to-be ex-wife Angelina Jolie released the following statement:
“The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation. As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children. Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal.”
That said, a source said, “There were no childcare professionals involved with last week’s temporary voluntary agreement.”
Jolie, 41, filed for divorce from Pitt on Sept. 19, just one day after the actor allegedly got physical with the couple’s 15-year-old son Maddox while aboard their private plane. But according to the DCFS, Pitt did not commit child abuse during the incident.
The couple’s six children – including Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and 8-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne – continue to live with Jolie at their Los Angeles home.